• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sakho

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I genuinely think Carra has improved loads with the Punditry.
He can't ever sit there and plan what he's going to say.
He just starts talking before thinking and therefore either ends up going nowhere or does his obligatory pause mid-sentence where time sits still.
Shame, cause he knows what he's talking about, without being able to communicate it properly.

I may be wrong, but I think he's fuckin rubbish.

Dude needs seriously educated in how to defend, and how to play football.

He came with the tag as our next Sami and hasn't gotten close to that. He did play well against arsenal though

Sakho has been our most reliable defender recently, but I can't help but think it's because due to him being injured he was spared all the psychological trauma of playing in our utterly dysfunctional defense with a keeper who is a nervous wreck, 2 kids from Spain who don't understand English, Lovren who thinks he is the new Maldini, but so far plays like Titus Bramble, consistently unpredictable Skrtel, Glen Johnson in the role of an "elder statesman" and "defensive leader" and Gerrard who shouts at teammates despite failing to track his own runners. Maybe that's why Sakho looks so calm and confident by comparison – he didn't have to live in this house of horrors for the last couple of months.

Listened to the match on the radio and he got MOTM. I think there's a player in there. If he doesn't prove it at us, he will at another club.

Thought he played well enough but still not sold on him, he always seems to have awkward moments with a poor touch or lapse in concentration when the ball is played to him or it's already at his feet, mostly he recovers but not always and doesn't inspire confidence.

Thought he grew more solid as the game went on but he looked very lucky right at the start with a rash tackle inside the box that totally missed both player and ball just after Lazar stupidly gave away possession. Also this might be overly critical but I think Sakho turned his back a little on Ings when he hit the post, don't like that.

Decent performance otherwise, I'm interested to see who Rodgers goes with next match now Can has been given a go and Toure looked a little poor.

Thought he played well enough but still not sold on him, he always seems to have awkward moments with a poor touch or lapse in concentration when the ball is played to him or it's already at his feet, mostly he recovers but not always and doesn't inspire confidence.

Thought he grew more solid as the game went on but he looked very lucky right at the start with a rash tackle inside the box that totally missed both player and ball just after Lazar stupidly gave away possession. Also this might be overly critical but I think Sakho turned his back a little on Ings when he hit the post, don't like that.

Decent performance otherwise, I'm interested to see who Rodgers goes with next match now Can has been given a go and Toure looked a little poor.

He was good - again, especially with his wing back Markovic away with the fairies again

In fairness to Markovic, that isn't his position. He did well there against Bournemouth but. good side though they are, that wasn't representative of the quality of opposition we're up against every week.

Wishful thinking.

Off the pitch neville is way more savvy & often makes Carra look inferior despite being either wrong, or overly biased.

Agreed, I'm afraid. I watched a debate about zonal v man-marking and Carrgher while having the more rigorous arguments (and more cogent points), Neville was just making cheap, snide and wrong (based on the evidence in front of them all) sound bites which seemingly disconcerted Carragher no end. I think he will need to think more before he talks--but that may be difficult for somebody who has worn his heart on his sleeve for most of his professional career.

In fairness to Markovic, that isn't his position. He did well there against Bournemouth but. good side though they are, that wasn't representative of the quality of opposition we're up against every week.

Wasn't just Bournemouth though. He did well in the same position against Arsenal.

Burnley seemed to come to grips with where he was running quite quickly but other teams have struggled to cover those areas.

I thought it was a good point made the other day - not sure if it was Rurik or ILD. I've mentioned previously that he doesn't keep the ball close to him when he's running - not like Lallana or others. Coming from wing-back, as was pointed out by one of those posters, gives him some space to use before he gets into a more heavily defended zone. We'll see if he's now been found out or if that was just an off day. I get the feeling with Lazar that he plays a lot better in a friendly environment (at home) rather than in the hostile places. I could be wrong (he did ok at Madrid) but that's my impression just now.

Wasn't just Bournemouth though. He did well in the same position against Arsenal.

Burnley seemed to come to grips with where he was running quite quickly but other teams have struggled to cover those areas.

I thought it was a good point made the other day - not sure if it was Rurik or ILD. I've mentioned previously that he doesn't keep the ball close to him when he's running - not like Lallana or others. Coming from wing-back, as was pointed out by one of those posters, gives him some space to use before he gets into a more heavily defended zone. We'll see if he's now been found out or if that was just an off day. I get the feeling with Lazar that he plays a lot better in a friendly environment (at home) rather than in the hostile places. I could be wrong (he did ok at Madrid) but that's my impression just now.

Yeah, he's alot more direct, he picks it up and takes a couple of yards to build up a bit of pace, but he looks like he needs the space to run into (perhaps that's why he's playing deeper), whereas, as you say, Coutinho and Lallana have alot more close control. The problem for Markovic is, that type of play is easier to counter and to read.

That fuck up straight after their goal last night...yet again I maintain that's not coaching, that's just a basic, schoolboy error...the type individuals have been making all season.

Yeah that was bad, but besides that he played well. I actually thought Skrtel and Henderson were at fault for their goal. Skrtel needlessly toeying it away under no pressure and Henderson trying a stupid shoulder pass. Can just misjudged the header, but the other two mistakes were complacent acts of stupidity.

So, he's been our best defender of the last few weeks, strong effective tackling, incisive forward passing, good in the air, it's just one or two mistakes that have let him down, but no more so than the other centre backs. He's the best defender at the club in my opinion, and should continue starting every game, this three at the back system works fantastically for both he and Can.

I was reading a post about him somewhere else and somebody drscribed sakho as ' djimi traore on roids' . Like traore, Sakho looks like he could mess up on any given play.

I was reading a post about him somewhere else and somebody drscribed sakho as ' djimi traore on roids' . Like traore, Sakho looks like he could mess up on any given play.

Yet he messes up less than all our other defenders, it's a lazy and incorrect comparison. Some people have just decided Sakho is an accident waiting to happen just because his slightly awkward nature, it puzzles me.

I think it's more down to a sustained run in the side.

Thought Can was ropey last night, incidentally.

Indeed he was, but considering he's a 20 year old CM, I don't mind affording him some time, on the whole I think he has been brilliant in the back three since he's started playing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom