• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

The big unknown / risk is how Mo would handle us signing competition for him that’ll limit his minutes or how he reacts to a conversation that might indicate he won’t necessarily be first choice every game.

Best case he’s fine and it saves his legs, allowing him some more time at the top

i don't think he leaves us to go anywhere else in europe, unless he's massively underwhelmed by klopps replacement. He'll want to set as many records for us as he can while he can.

Then he can fuck off for an easy life

I think that largely depends on the offer we give him to extend - if we don’t make a suitable offer then I could very well see him go to PSG, Bayern, Barca or…. Well…. Utd would likely take him as well, maybe even Real or City.

Wasn’t one of the reasons Edwards allegedly left because he wasn’t in favour of extending Jordan Henderson’s contract.

I mean, I’d extend for sure, if it’s the right contract - not sure I’d be keen on giving him a fuckload more than he’s currently on and I can’t see him accepting anything less.

I think that largely depends on the offer we give him to extend - if we don’t make a suitable offer then I could very well see him go to PSG, Bayern, Barca or…. Well…. Utd would likely take him as well, maybe even Real or City.

Wasn’t one of the reasons Edwards allegedly left because he wasn’t in favour of extending Jordan Henderson’s contract.

I mean, I’d extend for sure, if it’s the right contract - not sure I’d be keen on giving him a fuckload more than he’s currently on and I can’t see him accepting anything less.
Depends what he wants his legacy to be. I think he'll accept less but demand a certain number of starts. Us being in CL would be huge for him, and I'm sure he's got his eye on moving up our scorer charts.

Or we let him go for free and think we've had a decent return on our investment.

FFP rules are genuinely starting to bite. I don’t think any European club will be doing mad business anymore.

11 goals to go in 15 games to big his second most prolific season for us.

Tall ask but still sensational numbers.

If he did take him off against Sparta he could have been the difference yesterday staying on.

11 goals to go in 15 games to big his second most prolific season for us.

Tall ask but still sensational numbers.

If he did take him off against Sparta he could have been the difference yesterday staying on.
He should've been the difference anyway but he proceeded to play as if he were at the park with his kids and nephews.

As time goes on he has to do less and less defensively. Whoever plays at right back is the whipping boy for the imbalance. You can't make it up with legs in midfield. In a game, yes, not over a season. He can't be starting every game last season, if he's still here.

As time goes on he has to do less and less defensively. Whoever plays at right back is the whipping boy for the imbalance. You can't make it up with legs in midfield. In a game, yes, not over a season. He can't be starting every game last season, if he's still here.
I think he’ll still be fine next year. This years schedule has been bonkers and he’s coming back from injury.

I think he’ll still be fine next year. This years schedule has been bonkers and he’s coming back from injury.

He'll be fine for him. Who knows how we'll play next season, but if it's anything like we are attempting to now, his waning pace and endurance are a huge problem if he is too proud to be babied a little. Any game we can't control totally, he gives us a vulnerability and also a significant strength. The former is increasing over time and the second, well, it's holding on by your metrics, and Salah's as an individual, but I see it differently.

Back
Top Bottom