• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#saveourole

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Well-Known
I have mixed feelings about Burnley smacking United 2-0 at Old Trafford. Obviously it was funny to see but dismayed that Burnley didn't follow the agreed pact that when you play Man Utd you at least give them 20mins to let them think that they were close (like we did lol).

Looking at their games up until April I noted they have only 2 out of 12 easy games. Other than that they have difficult trips to City x 2, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton and Club Brugge. Also hardworking organized terriers Wolves and Sheffield Utd at home. Confidence is low if they lose too many of these games I think Ole may not survive the season.

Earlier this week the fans left in droves at 85mins. Remember when Liverpool did that? Klopp was on it straight away by letting the fans know that they should stay until the end no matter what, whereas its starting to feel toxic at United (just like the last phase of Mourinho):

Fans protesting
They cant get Bruno Fernandes
Best players Mactominey and Rashford long term injuries
Pogba seemingly clocks in when he wants to
Squad with a lot of kids, experiencing low confidence
Lost the fear factor
Fitness appears low
High wages
Will have to win the UL or get 4th in Prem for CL qualification - both unlikely

Some have speculated that Ole is the predictable fall guy in this plot, a plot where Ole deflects some of the toxicity away from Woodward? When I look at United they look like they are in a sad downward Kenny Dalglish phase or Roy Evans phase - although to complete the 'Roy Evans phase' they'd need to hire a joint manager with Simeone Sam Allardyce in the dugout!

I agree with this being their Dalglish / Hodgson era.

The solution for them is exactly the same as ours was. Appointing a good Sporting Director and a top notch Manager, and giving them both the resources to set up strong departments with excellent staff. As opposed to relying on the traditional manager with his own backroom staff.

They're also counting the cost of backing the manager , by shelling out hundreds of millions on players who are not doing anything for them.

Screenshot_2020-01-24-19-30-17-821_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hopefully the owners stick with Woodward. Ole isn't helping much but I think the list of managers who could make the shitshow work right now is fairly limited.

They need a clean sweep. New owners, DOF and a new manager, but whilst the share price remains high, all of that change is not going to happen.

They are at 8-10 years off challenging for titles again at the very earliest. It won't happen under the Glazers.

As Klopp has shown even with the best manager in the world it’s going to take 3-4 years for them to get back to the very top.

And that’s if they get the right person and set them up to succeed.

It’s glorious!

I think it's gone beyond the point now where it matters whether he stays or goes. Less than a week for the transfer window. Anyone they try to sign now will cost them top dollar and will just be papering over cracks. Most likely more mercenary types who won't give a shit about the club. If they bring in a new manager, the squad he has to work with is probably the worst squad in the past 3 years for them. That will take a long time to make into a squad to challenge at the top again. No manager ever makes 100% successful signings, so any new manager is going to take a while to get a squad who are way better than this lot. I said today in work, they have found the depths that we hit at our lowest ebb some 12 - 15 years ago. The beauty of it is, that was out low point. This lot are like a submarine that has way exceeded the depth it should implode and is still in a steady nose dive. It's a thing of beauty to watch.

They need a clean sweep. New owners, DOF and a new manager, but whilst the share price remains high, all of that change is not going to happen.

They are at 8-10 years off challenging for titles again at the very earliest. It won't happen under the Glazers.

The owners are only a problem insofar as they let Woodward fuck up the football side of the club. They've made more than enough money available. Far more than enough.

It's a fucking miracle how much they've managed to fuck up. If they'd just thrown a little bit of that money at a decent DOF and a suitable coach they'd be laughing.

The problem for us is that success on the pitch correlates to some extent with profits, and especially with the share price in the long term. Eventually the Glazers will take enough of an interest to make the very simple and obvious changes they need. There's simply no benefit to them in Utd being shit.

Last edited:
They should sack him and bring in Brian Robson as caretaker coach til the end of the season. Then when he wins his first few games in charge and Rio Ferdinand makes another twat of himself on BT SPorts, they can make the deal permanent ... only to sack him in 12 months

I used to think that they had a half decent squad that was simply being mismanaged. That's no longer the case.

At some point they'll sort themselves out and they'll look back on this period in the same way we look at this kinda thing:

3_GettyImages-103113922.jpg

christian-poulsen-with-roy-hodgson-pic-john-powell-300-433149584.jpg

They should sack him and bring in Brian Robson as caretaker coach til the end of the season. Then when he wins his first few games in charge and Rio Ferdinand makes another twat of himself on BT SPorts, they can make the deal permanent ... only to sack him in 12 months
Rubbing hands together with a gleefull expression

As Klopp has shown even with the best manager in the world it’s going to take 3-4 years for them to get back to the very top.

And that’s if they get the right person and set them up to succeed.

It’s glorious!
I would say 2/3 years as they have more money, but agree no easy quick fix

I thought this thread was going to be a call to arms, for us all to create redcafe / twitter / whatever accounts and be furiously pro Ole to keep the baby faced chancer in the job.

They're rotten top to bottom, long may it continue, we've been there.

That squad they've got is just bollocks, the odd 'decent' player, but no more than that. When they've had a history of having teams with worldies in there. They've not got a player that gets into ours or city's starting 11.

Their manager is woefully underqualified. Got Cardiff relegated and then has been knocking around with molde, out in the arse end. No other premier league team would take him.

Carrick and Phelen actually doing all the coaching in the background, so it's their philosophy or lack of that's being seen on the pitch.

Woodward the vice chairman, ex banker, doesn't understand football, fucking up all the transfers, and manager recruitment. Get plenty of sponsors on though.

No DOF or committee, so there's no joined up strategy of what they're trying to do, regardless of managers.

Glaziers, do not get involved, but try to extract as much money as possible, and refuse to bankroll the managers in line with the revenue they generate.

Daily mail:

Manchester United may decide to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer if results do not improve this season, with England boss Gareth Southgate a leading contender to replace him.

That would cause a meltdown

I’m desperate for Chelsea or Wolves to grab 4th, would be horrendous if they were able to get into the CL money next year.

their financial might is on the verge of taking a huge hit.

I’m desperate for Chelsea or Wolves to grab 4th, would be horrendous if they were able to get into the CL money next year.

their financial might is on the verge of taking a huge hit.

I heard on a podcast that forbes have warned that United will likely no longer be the top English club in their list if they fail to qualify for the champions league again. Not exactly sure which list that is though, overall value or earnings, but i think it’s whatever one they’re currently 3rd in.

I heard on a podcast that forbes have warned that United will likely no longer be the top English club in their list if they fail to qualify for the champions league again. Not exactly sure which list that is though, overall value or earnings, but i think it’s whatever one they’re currently 3rd in.
A recent Anfield Wrap pod had a financial expert on.

If we go further than City this season we may surpass them this season.

If we go further next season we'll almost certainly surpass everyone but Real & Barca, but there's question marks over their longer term revenue too.

We could be looking at a sea change in terms of biggest revenue clubs.

Daily mail:

Manchester United may decide to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer if results do not improve this season, with England boss Gareth Southgate a leading contender to replace him.

That would cause a meltdown
Please let this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom