• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

SCM Golfers?

[quote author=the count link=topic=30246.msg771954#msg771954 date=1231369890]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30246.msg771790#msg771790 date=1231356659]
[quote author=the count link=topic=30246.msg771202#msg771202 date=1231279933]

For the record I am a member of a club in north Co Dublin

[/quote]

Which one, mate?

Used to caddy in Skerries during the summer, but never took to playing...
[/quote]

Balcarrick is where I am a member. It is a fairly bog standard course, pretty ordinary really but with excellent greens.

To be fair I don't use my club membership that much. I prefer to use my GUI membership to play other courses in open competitions.
[/quote]

You live in Malahide?

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30246.msg786728#msg786728 date=1232810946]
Sometimes I just give up explaining to retards like you.

Anyway I don't have to prove myself to nobody, not especially to ppl from net forums.

I mean, it's fucking senseless and silly trying to prove to some net geek that I play golf when almost every fortnight I tee off at my local club. Which one matters ? The real world or the virtual world ?

Stupid twat.
[/quote]

Again, I didn't say you were lying, I entertained the possibility that you are cripplingly insecure as well.

Anyway, there's no real certainty to any of this. For instance, you probably would have reservations about the following, but I assure you it's true:

After driving to my exclusive country club in my beemer, I play golf using balls of solid platinum, each dimple encrusted with a tasteful diamond stud. This serves a double purpose. Firstly it befits a man of my economic stature. Secondly the significant additional heft of the ball handicaps me to the extent that I can tolerate a game with your average titleist smashing pleb.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30246.msg786818#msg786818 date=1232822375]
[quote author=the count link=topic=30246.msg771954#msg771954 date=1231369890]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=30246.msg771790#msg771790 date=1231356659]
[quote author=the count link=topic=30246.msg771202#msg771202 date=1231279933]

For the record I am a member of a club in north Co Dublin

[/quote]

Which one, mate?

Used to caddy in Skerries during the summer, but never took to playing...
[/quote]

Balcarrick is where I am a member. It is a fairly bog standard course, pretty ordinary really but with excellent greens.

To be fair I don't use my club membership that much. I prefer to use my GUI membership to play other courses in open competitions.
[/quote]

You live in Malahide?
[/quote]

No. I have been living in Fairview for the last twenty years but I am originally from Co Meath, near Slane. You must be a Malahide boy then.

Been playing for quite a long time, hitting balls and hitting the putting green since about Kindergarten. 37 now. Played 4 years of varsity HS golf and walked on one year in college.

Play off a high single digit handicap most of the summer. Dip into the 70's often.

Played Bethpage Black years ago. A beast. Had an 84 from the equivalent of the blue tees and was freaking thrilled with it. Purgatory Golf Club in Noblesville, IN might be a better course, and it's about 1,000 miles closer to home as well.

Worked for Anheuser-Busch in Sports Marketing for two years right out of college. We followed the PGA Tour from city to city to city (and did some Senior Tour Events) promoting the Michelob Brand. I've been to more than 75 PGA events. The highlight was undoubtedly sneaking a dozen balls onto the tee at the island green 17th at Sawgrass about 90 minutes after the tournament ended one year. Hit a 9 iron on the green with the first swing, then one wet, while my two colleagues hacked the remainging balls, taking divots out of the tee box resembling that which has not been seen since a 1977 Playboy Magazine. The green looks like a tiny, tiny sliver of a thing from the tee box. It's incredible.

Good off the tee, plenty long. Play a nice little controlled fade with everything but the short irons and have not seen the left side of a golf course in about 15 years. Don't make as many putts as I would like, but I'm a strong lag putter. 2 putts hole after hole after hole, so when the irons are working and I hit a lot of greens, I'll start stringing the pars together. Best club after the driver is a wedge from 110 or so. Not a big swinger with the irons... prefer to hit the sweet spot rather than to muscle an 8 there when 7 is the club.

Never been under par for 18 (not even for 9 GD!!!). No holes in one, been inside a foot a few times.

Have a son who is 12 who is getting into the game. Daughter 10 took a big step in interest last year. 4 year old tearing it up on the putting green with us on those late summer evenings when we are the only ones there. He has the touch of a lumberjack however, and the daughter putts like Dirk Kuyt shoots. We have a nice little Par 3 track about 3 miles up the road.

Used the same Ping Anser 2 putter for more than 20 years... but switched to a Scotty Cameron Studio Design #2 in 2008. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom