• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell/keep Lord Divock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time to get rid this summer. He seems to need a run of games to get going and will never be first choice so probably wasted as an impact sub and bit part player. He could do well somewhere else.

Sell inorder of priority
  1. Kieta (he makes Ox seem like Wolverine)
  2. Lovren (has brain fart all too often)
  3. Karius (if we can't get a fee, release him)
  4. Grujic (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)
  5. Wilson (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)

I'd agree with 4 out of 5 here. I would like to see Harry Wilson given a season with the 1st team from the bench in EPL (possibly start a few games) but starting all domestic cup matches. He deserves that much.

Surprised Shaq doesn’t feature more prominently on these out the door lists as he’s never available when needed.

I hope behind the scenes fitness has become even more of a priority when looking at new signings, we have too many midfielders in particular that aren’t consistently fit.

Sell inorder of priority
  1. Kieta (he makes Ox seem like Wolverine)
  2. Lovren (has brain fart all too often)
  3. Karius (if we can't get a fee, release him)
  4. Shaq (Injury prone and can't even make the bench)
  5. Grujic (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)
  6. Wilson (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)

So get rid of every squad player we have then?

Only 2 on that list we should 100% get rid of are Lovren and Karius.

The other 2 you left out were Clyne and Lallana

He’s fucking shit. The state of him when he actually pulls off one of his tricks, like he has actually surprised himself, he pauses in amazement and then has to try and carry on. He is muck, always has been. Yeah he bailed us out a couple of times, but he is still fucking shit.

So get rid of every squad player we have then?

Only 2 on that list we should 100% get rid of are Lovren and Karius.

The other 2 you left out were Clyne and Lallana
Clyne and Lallana will not have their contracts renewed.
1-4 are either a liability or not good enough to make the bench. 5 and 6 I put the caveat, that if they can't make the bench then sell. When you sell players it free's up cash to by new players.

He’s fucking shit. The state of him when he actually pulls off one of his tricks, like he has actually surprised himself, he pauses in amazement and then has to try and carry on. He is muck, always has been. Yeah he bailed us out a couple of times, but he is still fucking shit.
Ridiculous

When you sell players....it frees up cash to....buy *new* players?

Woah.
Why are you taking the piss ? - I had no idea about that, it's new knowledge for me. I always thought we sell players to play one of our existing players more money. Is Bluebell telling the truth ?

I’d keep him. He Is useful squad player, as a 3/4th choice for the occasional match. He has proved his worth in the barca and spurs games last season.

we definitely need better back up / replacement for frim.

If he does stay one of his strengths is his height which allows us to play Plan B, however its a bit frustrating that teams call us a long ball team and Origi for all of his height advantages rarely scores many headers.

Also is Man Utd's Igahlo better than Origi? My Man Utd friend reckons he is twice the player obviously...

Well it is ridiculous, in your usual overboard way.

He's been good at times, at one point unplayable and on the brink of being undropable, but he's never really hit those heights again. He has scored important goals for us though, that's plural as in he's scored winners in crucial games against some top sides and also fierce rivals.

So no, he's not "muck" or "fucking shit", the definition of both of those is on the previous page.

He's been good at times, at one point unplayable and on the brink of being undropable, but he's never really hit those heights again. He has scored important goals for us though, that's plural as in he's scored winners in crucial games against some top sides and also fierce rivals.

So no, he's not "muck" or "fucking shit", the definition of both of those is on the previous page.
Tbf that period when he went on that run of 6 or 7 goals in about the same amount of games 3 seasons ago before he got sn injury actually masked his actual preformance. He was still his usual headless chicken. I think the only really class game was his hattrick in the 6-1 at Southampton

Overall
He's a bit shit but can score a goal or two but im fine if he wants to stay but definitely shouldnt be our fall back striker

I’ve always thought he had something to give but being played out on the left once in a blue moon hasn’t really helped his progression. I imagine he just isn’t right for the current setup and it may now be Minamino backing up bobby, pushing him further away.

i don’t mind him but he’s coming 25 and a move might now be best for everyone

I’ve always thought he had something to give but being played out on the left once in a blue moon hasn’t really helped his progression. I imagine he just isn’t right for the current setup and it may now be Minamino backing up bobby, pushing him further away.

i don’t mind him but he’s coming 25 and a move might now be best for everyone

Minamino is now the official back-up to our striker who has scored 8 league goals? We're fucked, then.

Of course, we know that we're going to spend big on an attacker this summer, so I don't really care what happens with Origi, although if we need to bring on a player to get us a goal from the bench, I think everyone would choose Origi ahead of Minamino.

Minamino is now the official back-up to our striker who has scored 8 league goals? We're fucked, then.

Of course, we know that we're going to spend big on an attacker this summer, so I don't really care what happens with Origi, although if we need to bring on a player to get us a goal from the bench, I think everyone would choose Origi ahead of Minamino.

True, he looks way more likely to pick up a goal than Minamino but that’s probably because he’s an actual striker. Minamino looked very decent for a short spell the other night but he’s very much in the bobby hard worker up top mould.

When was the last time we had a decent striker on the bench? Serious question. Someone that was down the pecking order to the fit first choice striker(s), but was a really good option to bring on.
In recent years we've had the sorts of Origi, Sturridge, Ings (wasn't great for us), Woodburn, Solanke, Borini, Carroll, Benteke, Ballotelli, Aspas, Lambert. -They've all been bollocks, we're used to it.

When was the last time we had a decent striker on the bench? Serious question. Someone that was down the pecking order to the fit first choice striker(s), but was a really good option to bring on.
In recent years we've had the sorts of Origi, Sturridge, Ings (wasn't great for us), Woodburn, Solanke, Borini, Carroll, Benteke, Ballotelli, Aspas, Lambert. -They've all been bollocks, we're used to it.

And that's just talking about what would be traditionally called "strikers", never mind wisde attacking players (or wingers, as we used to call them)

The first choice attacking trio of Mane, Salah and Firmino don't have ANY quality alternatives or replacements, and there isn't actually a top quality central striker at all. Anywhere.

Big Timmy Werner is about to make Firmino his back up anyway!

Werner would be a nice start, and then there's surely some decent midfield and wide players we could plunder from the also-rans of the Premier League, assuming we're not going to be spending £100m on Sancho or whoever.

Mertens is out of contract, horrible divey wee cunt and he’s 32 but he seemed like quite a handful when we last met

If he does stay one of his strengths is his height which allows us to play Plan B, however its a bit frustrating that teams call us a long ball team and Origi for all of his height advantages rarely scores many headers.

Also is Man Utd's Igahlo better than Origi? My Man Utd friend reckons he is twice the player obviously...

Igahlo won’t be played on the wing where origi is often deployed.

Also part of our attacking fluidity is cus frim drops short which gives space to mane / Salah to exploit.

When origi starts up front, he is on the shoulder of the last defender

Werner would be a nice start, and then there's surely some decent midfield and wide players we could plunder from the also-rans of the Premier League, assuming we're not going to be spending £100m on Sancho or whoever.

Doesnt sound good on the Sancho front according to Pearce and Reddy.

Doucoure and Buendia both look great from outside the top 6, we should be all over them with the likes of Lallana and Shaqiri probably going.

I don't think he ever got to the unplayable or undropable stage.....But i thank him for some really crucial goals no more than the 4th v Barcelona last term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom