• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell/keep Lord Divock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt sound good on the Sancho front according to Pearce and Reddy.

Doucoure and Buendia both look great from outside the top 6, we should be all over them with the likes of Lallana and Shaqiri probably going.
I'm inclined to think someone Farke doesn't trust to start big games due to his poor ball retention etc probably isn't on Klopps hit list.

Midfield is where were crying out for a technically world class player, id like to see a level up from lallana,shaqiri,Buendia et al

I feel Werner's contribution could honestly equate to a lift not a million miles from the Ali/VVD impact, it feels like teams adapted to our counter attacking high press of yester year and are now realising that to nullify our threat, sit deep and make the midfield actually do something with the ball or more importantly off the ball.

There's a reason City,despite being a million miles behind us this season have still bodied sides we have laboured against, its principally the midfield or midfield quality related.

@Frogfish posted a formation a wee or so ago where Firmino was deployed deeper behind Werner, I think that could have serious merit against teams trying to defend with a bank of 8/9. Salah , Mane and Bobby will always come deeper buts infrequent that the midfielder will run beyond , it'll be pushed to Robbo/Trent instead

Has Bobby ever played in the 10 role for us ? Cant recall if Rodgers tried it or not, although given his infinite growth over the past few seasons that'd probably be moot as a comparison anyways

Well it is ridiculous, in your usual overboard way.

He's been good at times, at one point unplayable and on the brink of being undropable, but he's never really hit those heights again. He has scored important goals for us though, that's plural as in he's scored winners in crucial games against some top sides and also fierce rivals.

So no, he's not "muck" or "fucking shit", the definition of both of those is on the previous page.

I was in bad form when I wrote that, but he is still shit.

Unplayable and Undroppable! Please.

Has Bobby ever played in the 10 role for us ? Cant recall if Rodgers tried it or not, although given his infinite growth over the past few seasons that'd probably be moot as a comparison anyways

I think he played behind benteke for a bit

I'm inclined to think someone Farke doesn't trust to start big games due to his poor ball retention etc probably isn't on Klopps hit list.

Midfield is where were crying out for a technically world class player, id like to see a level up from lallana,shaqiri,Buendia et al

I feel Werner's contribution could honestly equate to a lift not a million miles from the Ali/VVD impact, it feels like teams adapted to our counter attacking high press of yester year and are now realising that to nullify our threat, sit deep and make the midfield actually do something with the ball or more importantly off the ball.

There's a reason City,despite being a million miles behind us this season have still bodied sides we have laboured against, its principally the midfield or midfield quality related.

@Frogfish posted a formation a wee or so ago where Firmino was deployed deeper behind Werner, I think that could have serious merit against teams trying to defend with a bank of 8/9. Salah , Mane and Bobby will always come deeper buts infrequent that the midfielder will run beyond , it'll be pushed to Robbo/Trent instead

I called this formation if werner comes too, but in reality we couldn't use it much, cos as we've seen recently, in most games that work rate of the midfield is all important to the entire side.

It would either be against teams that have no intention of attacking at all or if we need a goal with 15 to go or something.

Lord Divock will forever be a legend, but I’d rather he (and Shaq) go and bring in a Werner-quality player in.

Surplus to requirements.

Werner and Minamino are enough cover for the front 3, nor would Origi be happy to be 3rd option off the bench.
If he's not happy, tell his agent to get him out with big payday for us. After all he is the Champs League title winning goal scorer. If he's not happy to play backup he would have left last summer, or push himself out the door. As long as results are forthcoming, silverwares keep piling up, not one player would mind being backups.

If he's not happy, tell his agent to get him out with big payday for us. After all he is the Champs League title winning goal scorer. If he's not happy to play backup he would have left last summer, or push himself out the door. As long as results are forthcoming, silverwares keep piling up, not one player would mind being backups.

But since last summer we have added Minamino and would hypothetically add Werner this coming summer, so Divock would have gone from 1st option off the bench to 3rd, where he'd get very few minutes. At that point i rather give that spot to someone like Elliott while Origi would be better off seeking regular playing time somewhere else.

We played a slightly different formation for a while last season where he was behind Salah who was more central. If I remember correctly we were solid but unspectacular when we played that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom