• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sheff Utd (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
So, away to Sheffield Utd. A must win game if there ever was one. I'll start the pre match thread with hope of some luck rubbing off on the team and result.

Wheter or not Alli plays will probably be up to him.
In the end thats not important on Sunday.

Alisson/Kelleher

Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson

Thiago Gini Keita

Salah Firmino Mane

Probably to early for Fabinho and Jota, but if Fabinho is fit I'd start him in midfield.

It seems totally impossible that we don't win this.

Impossible. They are shite.

And yet, we'll make it difficult.

That's a strong possibility, to be honest. Sheffield will set up to do exactly that.

For once we have to take our chances. I want Keita to play so that we have bit more creativity and movement in midfield.

Sign of the times when the pre match thread is started less than 24 hours from kickoff and no one really gives a shit.

It seems totally impossible that we don't win this.

Impossible. They are shite.

And yet, we'll make it difficult.

8 days to prepare for the worst team in the division, Sheffield are a beaten side. We should be winning this well if there's any pride left in the season. Play on the front foot, get Keita into the midfield. We know Hendo is gone for the rest of the season, pick your best 2 from Kabak Phillips and Davies then give them a run a games.

As far as I’m concerned seasons done with in the league, play the kids and save everyone for Europe as see how far can we progress there.

I’d be more than happy finishing 10th and winning the CL

Two actual centre backs and fabs in the middle (if fit) and we will smash it. Jota off the bench to score too.

Massive game given our top four rival fixtures this weekend look tricky enough...

city vs West Ham
Leeds vs Villa
Leicester vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Everton vs Southampton

...a real chance to get back in the mix

Massive game given our top four rival fixtures this weekend look tricky enough...

city vs West Ham
Leeds vs Villa
Leicester vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Everton vs Southampton

...a real chance to get back in the mix

Yeah, suddenly we really want City and United to win.

Can see a draw in the Leicester game.

None of the other results will matter if we can't beat what's in front of us... Speaking of which, this reminds me of this well-known football joke in Ukraine – a team is dead last in the table, losing every game by double-digits, confidence is at rock bottom, but the manager says: "oh, I know the trick – assistant, set up a training game, our best 11 against the training cones, let our boys score as many as they like and feel what's it like to enjoy football again." A few hours later the assistant comes back, looking crestfallen: "that was a bad idea, boss – the cones won."

Sheffield are the closest thing in the Premier League to a game against training cones – they will set up not to concede, it will be attack against defense for 90 minutes and basically our players will be playing against themselves and their own demons and insecurities. Do they have belief that they know how to score against a tight defense? We have to overcome that big internal challenge first before we can even start looking at other results or the fight for top-4.

Last edited:
TEAM NEWS

Jayden Bogle and Chris Basham are the latest Sheffield United players to suffer injuries.
The pair have been ruled out for the next few weeks and join John Egan, Jack O'Connell, Sander Berge, Jack Robinson and Lys Mousset on the sidelines.

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is not expected to be fit until at least April following groin surgery.
Fit-again forward Diogo Jota could be involved, while Fabinho and James Milner return to training on Saturday,
A decision on goalkeeper Alisson's availability is yet to be made after his father passed away earlier this week.

As the match draws nearer - I am getting a good feeling we may win this game quite well. Don't know why - just am.

I think we will win this, not that it means much given Sheffield Utd are genuinely one of the worst teams in PL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom