• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sheff Utd (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be brave and go with Nat Phillips and Ozan Kabak as CB's and Thiago Gini Keita/Fab in midfield

Given that Sheff Utd play a long ball ale house style surely Phillips has to start. Kabak won't have played against that style very much so could struggle.
If it's Kabak and Davies then that would seem strange with Phillips and even Williams being so aerially dominant.

That's a strong possibility, to be honest. Sheffield will set up to do exactly that.
Given that everyone and their mum knows this, why aren't we setting up to change the game? What are your thoughts about why Klopp would not set up in a way that thwarts the low block? Confuse Sheffield by allowing them to play, ceding possession and hitting them on the counter? It's frustrating to me that we keep playing into the trap, rather than employing tactics that open up the game and thereby allow our forwards room to run at the opposition. It's what they excel at. But it feels like we simply will go out and bang our head against a brick wall. Again.

Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Ojrzynski, Hughes, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, N. Williams.

Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, Kabak, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Ojrzynski, Hughes, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, N. Williams.

A shame. Looks like nothing has changed.

If anything, the lineup is getting weaker and weaker.

The points to sheff utd here..

Nice to see CB playing CB though

Watch Brewster have a worldy against us..

Can't help thinking our approach will be startlingly similar to our recent defeats. The midfield remains a problem and this looks no different in terms of style or personnel. Maybe we'll get a refereeing decision or two for a change.

Given that everyone and their mum knows this, why aren't we setting up to change the game? What are your thoughts about why Klopp would not set up in a way that thwarts the low block? Confuse Sheffield by allowing them to play, ceding possession and hitting them on the counter? It's frustrating to me that we keep playing into the trap, rather than employing tactics that open up the game and thereby allow our forwards room to run at the opposition. It's what they excel at. But it feels like we simply will go out and bang our head against a brick wall. Again.

Dear @Dirty Sanchez (or Dirty as I like to think of you - still cannot undo that image in my head) -

I think the issue that Klopp has - is that despite losing nearly every game we have the ball like 70% of the time and we are creating chances, so overall we play well enough to win these games - but just don't manage to win. All the faults so far can be put down to individual mistakes and lack of concentration in games - there is nothing Klopp can do about that. The only thing I would fault him for in the games we have lost is his substitutions have been a bit hit and miss - well miss most of the times.

Am I right in thinking we have 2 academy keepers on the bench...Ojrzynski and Hughes? Is so, why? why not have an extra outfield player from the academy?

The short answer is that it's not easy – you're playing against humans, not a dumb computer on CM. Klopp definitely knows how to set up the team against the low block – that was one clear improvement we saw compared to the time under Rodgers, but you have to have the tools to execute it. Something I keep thinking about recently – when was the last time we scored from a set-piece? That's such a huge part of making territorial dominance count and we went from the best in the league at it to being a non-factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom