• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

She's dead

To be honest I'm more concerned about the theft of 5 tonnes of Nutella but I'll still be celebrating tonight

Why are people celebrating this?
It was fairly predictable Ryan.
Her tenure was seen by many as apocalyptic and she herself seen as slightly right of Genghis Khan.
I lived through the Thatcher years indeed had been in work for seven years when she came to power.
It seems to me there is a younger generation who have a slightly skewed vision of the reality.
I am not saying she got everything right and I am not saying she did not hit the working class hard, but she was the right person at the right time.
Let's face it she must have done something right for the majority of people as she was the longest serving PM in the last century.
I expect to be in a minority

*looks for unlike button* @Vlads Quiff

She was ruthless in anyway possible..

Privatised just about anything and every public service we had, we now have one of the worst and most expensive public transport networks in Europe..

Set the standard for what we know the Conservatives to be about (utter cnuts)... Made the rich richer, and the poor poorer..

there's already a thread on it in the members forum.
Doesn't really belong here imo.

I was a kid at the time so didn't really understand the politics of the day but was old enough to see the abject poverty she brought to this city and watched her policies destroy my fathers confidence and self respect as well. So in my eyes she's an absolute cunt and one I certainly won't mourn. I think your view on here would very much depend how gainful your employment and comfortable your lifestyle was at the time.

Merged threads..

Lets not tarnish the footy forum with the spawn of Satan, thank you..

Regards..

I was a kid at the time so didn't really understand the politics of the day but was old enough to see the abject poverty she brought to this city and watched her policies destroy my fathers confidence and self respect as well. So in my eyes she's an absolute cunt and one I certainly won't mourn. I think your view on here would very much depend how gainful your employment and comfortable your lifestyle was at the time.

Great post pretty much the experience I had..

I watched my familes dreams and ambitions slowly but surely disappear during the thatcher years. To the point everything they worked hard for, was gone..

My only disappointment is I am a bit hungover from yesterday . Needs must however and I am sure the beers will pull me through it .

to be honest i was expecting to be happy about this. I dont really feel anything about it now it has happened.

though there will be lots of fawning over her in the media now which will be annoying

Not forgetting she was in charge during Hillsborough and obviously knew about the cover up.

She can fuck off the bint. Made up she's dead.

Vlad, my parents obviously lived through her time in charge and both have always told me it was fucking awful up here. She despised Liverpool and would have cut us off the map and floated us into the Irish Sea if she could. Both the same class as your good self.

I'm hoping these street parties happen. We can do them on a whim now as that current tory cunt told us so nothing stopping us.

I'm working class as well, so what?

To my mind she was divisive. Her industrial and fiscal policies increased taxes and abandoned credit control and led to whole regions becoming unemployment blackspots. Her social policies alienated many parts of the country and led to riots. Her attack on local democracy and the resultant imposition of the poll tax for councils to try and collect led to anarchy and rioting. She was even so divisive she managed to get her own party to sack her!

Her legacy lives on in massive indebtedness, social exclusion through low wages and a massively bloated bureaucracy. We can't even escape the legacy of the Falklands war, of which there was ample warning way before it happened.

She told us she thought there was no such thing as society and set about ensuring it.

So, can anyone give an outsider a five minute debrief on what she's done to deserve so much hatred?

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of things, I think it's interesting - and a measure of her profound influence on this country - that even before opening the thread, I knew "She's dead" meant Thatcher

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of things, I think it's interesting - and a measure of her profound influence on this country - that even before opening the thread, I knew "She's dead" meant Thatcher

I sincerely hope the funeral is a private matter, it could get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom