• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shrewsbury (A) - FA CUP - post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was gash when he came on against United. He needs time and games to get up to the standard required, we've seen that already. Luckily, we don't need him right now, with how Henderson is playing.

I'm more worried about the attacking options we have to rotate the first choice trio

ie none.

True, but we knew this at the start of the season. Mimi was supposed to bridge the gap but looks miles off the pace. we need to wrap Salah and frim in cotton wool with mane out. Surprised they made it onto the bench for this game

They got every first ball, and every second ball. We had Lovren, Fab and Matip, big strong blokes who were bullied out of it every single time in the 2nd half.

What were they expecting? The opponents to watch in awe while they sashay about?
I was expecting that so yeah ...

Like I said, missed the game but I think some of you are being really harsh in your criticism of the players who just came back after being on the sidelines for almost two months. Takes a while to get back into it for some. On the plus side, we didn't lose and for the next game Milner, Keita and Shaqiri will be able to play. Don't mind it to be honest.

Sorry, that doesn't excuse the passing, lack of urgency & rather pathetic attempts at winning 50/50s ... Our senior players were really pathetic and as I said, it pretty much highlights that Matip and Lovren are either good because of VvD or miles away from what Joe Gomez is (see how he led the backline against a far better team as the senior most defender)

I don’t really understand why Origi keeps getting played on the wing. He’s shit there. He doesn’t have the technique or awareness.

Fabs, Matip and Lovren were just shocking.
Completely agree. Klopp has said about Minamino not knowing how to defend on the right. I'd like him to worry about how the attacking players attack, not defend in their positions up top.

I don't understand this post
I commented a few times about how Tory the crowd were.

They had haircuts twenty years out of style, proper shite clobber, & that lad they spoke to at half time had a fucking hoop earring in one ear yet spoke like he had a plum in his mouth.

Sorry, that doesn't excuse the passing, lack of urgency & rather pathetic attempts at winning 50/50s ... Our senior players were really pathetic and as I said, it pretty much highlights that Matip and Lovren are either good because of VvD or miles away from what Joe Gomez is (see how he led the backline against a far better team as the senior most defender)
Sorry LTW, every thing you listed there can be explained by their lack of match fitness imo.

I think both were really awful in this game. To extrapolate that to deduce their level compared to gomez, who's been playing regularly though is plain wrong. Gomez was awful when he came back. Now he's awesome. Fabinho I think we all agree is class. Usually. Today absolute shite.

Sloppy, lethargic performance, and a wake up call to quite a few players.

As good as the lads were vs Everton they were as poor against Shrewsbury... I thought our midfield just pack thier bags and got back on the coach, the forwards AWOL, and the defense became a comedy of errors...

Twenty minutes into the game Shrewsbury owned of asses, and even after the freak second goal, a time where we should have been stamping our authority on the game it seemed like everyone's performance dropped 40% or so.

Yes, the pitch wasn't great, but that does not excuse the performance. Shrewsbury got at us, got physical, bullied us and with folded.

I thought the main problem was midfield someone like Henderson or Gini was needed, even Keita or Lallana. Who do we get...?? AOC

For the life of me I cannot understand why we signed him, much less give him a contract extension

Can't see us losing the these at Anfield, but it was one more match we did not need

EDIT... Posted this before reading any post here

Last edited:
I think both were really awful in this game. To extrapolate that to deduce their level compared to gomez, who's been playing regularly though is plain wrong. Gomez was awful when he came back. Now he's awesome. Fabinho I think we all agree is class. Usually. Today absolute shite.

Fabinho dominates games - so he'll be fine.
Both Matip and Lovren, during their liverpool careers, have looked at their best with VvD ... so that is a cause of concern, especially when we're talking about league one opposition.

I text my mates & said I could see klopp playing all the kids so he didn't have to change his break plans for the players.

Lack of conditioning can be excused but this was more than that. There were performances littered with sloppy attempts at passing from the back, half-hearted challenges, pathetic positioning and an awfully large number of aimless long balls from the back. And the number of quickly-taken free kicks which came back with interest :mad:

Fabinho dominates games - so he'll be fine.
Both Matip and Lovren, during their liverpool careers, have looked at their best with VvD ... so that is a cause of concern, especially when we're talking about league one opposition.

Everyone's looked at their best when Virgil's been in the side. I'm not that concerned about Matip because he was more than good, he was downright excellent when he came in (MOTM for me in the CL Final for example) so I'm reasonably confident he can get back to that, especially with the momentum we've built up. Lovren may be more of a worry, but then he is fourth choice.

Everyone's looked at their best when Virgil's been in the side. I'm not that concerned about Matip because he was more than good, he was downright excellent when he came in (MOTM for me in the CL Final for example) so I'm reasonably confident he can get back to that, especially with the momentum we've built up. Lovren may be more of a worry, but then he is fourth choice.

But in fairness I don‘t want a worry to play for us. Not even in fourth choice.

I commented a few times about how Tory the crowd were.

They had haircuts twenty years out of style, proper shite clobber, & that lad they spoke to at half time had a fucking hoop earring in one ear yet spoke like he had a plum in his mouth.

I don't understand this post either. Labour voters are cool and well-dressed now?

Shrewsbury is quite weird, there's loads of places like that in the wilds of the Middle of the country that have odd pretensions and misplaced poshness.

It's virtually in fucking Wales. I feel sorry for them

I'm quite ok with Klopp saying it'll be a FULL reserve side in the replay. The worst players today were the seniors (apart from Adrian).

This is pretty much a fuck you to the FA because they won't do something about the replays.
Teenage strop doesn't suit him. Quite obviously for some of the 1st team squad players the match would be useful. He's cutting our nose of to spite our face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom