• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Bournemouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Must win game for Roy Rodgers.. (sorry Ryan had to steal it).. Let kicks on..

Would like to see Can and Markovic playing in this one..

-----------------jones--------------
Enrique---skittles---toure--Manquillo
--------------Lucas-----Can-----------
-----------------Lallana--------------
Coutinho------Balotelli------Markovic

Think this might be a good game to play Lovren and maybe rest Lallana if he has a knock? agree with the rest.

I don't get why Manquillo does not get more game time..

Johnson being injured yesterday was a blessing in disguise..

--------------Lucas--------------
Coutinho-----Hendo-------Markovic
-----------Balotelli------Sterling--------

One HM would do? Give Hendo a chance at center? Try playing two forwards to accommodate Balo?

I'd bench Skrtel and play Toure and Lovren together. I'd also start Sinclair alongside Balotelli, and play a diamond midfield of Lucas, Can, Lallana and Markovic.

--------------Lucas--------------
Coutinho-----Hendo-------Markovic
-----------Balotelli------Sterling--------

One HM would do? Give Hendo a chance at center? Try playing two forwards to accommodate Balo?
Sterling needs a rest.. and Hendo has been useless and way off form..

I just think it's a game where some of these new signings could get a chance to shine..

Because of the language, I suspect. Manquillo and Moreno can't speak English and there is a massive problem (apparently) with communication across the back four.

We're not favourites to win this game, so it's a bit laughable if we're actually considering anything other than sending out our best, or least worst, eleven.

Being from Bournemouth myself I am not confident about this game, they are the top scorers in English Football as far as I know. A lot of my Bournemouth supporting friends are confident about winning this game.

They are a team on the up and this could be a mighty fall before the Arsenal game at the weekend....

Sterling needs a rest.. and Hendo has been useless and way off form..

I just think it's a game where some of these new signings could get a chance to shine..

I think we need to push best possible formation and get confidence back ASAP.

Hendo has been played OOP and he would thrive at center? I think he was ace last season because of the movement we had. Judging him right now is a bit unfair. Could be a good game for him to get some momentum? The dynamics of the team changes dramatically with a midfield where everybody can actually run a bit?

If Sinclair is any good then give him a Cameo at 3-0 up?

I was tempted to make a thread on this, why on earth is Manquillo, who's looked like our most solid full back, being dropped?

I'd like Balotelli to start as well, he was making some good runs and looked dangerous against United. It was good to see him run in behind the centre back and get on to a through ball, we've missed that since Sturridge has been gone, unfortunately he didn't finish, but hopefully that'll come.

I was tempted to make a thread on this, why on earth is Manquillo, who's looked like our most solid full back, being dropped?
It could be the language. It could be his age. Remember what happened with Insua playing every game? It could also be that he has sometimes been bullied out of games so maybe Rodgers didn't fancy him for the likes of Old Trafford.

Rodgers played the 3 at the back i'd been asking for several months, only trouble is that Lovren is a liability at present.

Going forward i'd like to see Toure, Skrtel, Sakho at the back with Moreno and Manquillo / Flanno as wing backs....

I think there were positives yesterday but 2 defensive errors and an offside fucked us over.

-----------------Jones--------------
Johnson---Skrtel-----Lovren-----Manquillo
--------------Lucas----Allen-----------
----Coutinho------Lallana------Markovic--------
------------------Lambert--

Rodgers played the 3 at the back i'd been asking for several months, only trouble is that Lovren is a liability at present.

Going forward i'd like to see Toure, Skrtel, Sakho at the back with Moreno and Manquillo / Flanno as wing backs....

I think there were positives yesterday but 2 defensive errors and an offside fucked us over.

I agree, I'd like to see it tried.

Just because the current system isn't working, doesn't mean trying something that has never worked in the the Premiership will work.

In honor of our next manager, Rafa.

--------------Jones------------

Manq ---Skittles--Toure--Jose E

------Lucas-----Can-------
-----------Markovic-----------

Balotelli---Borini---Lambert

It's defo time for the return of Sakho

Jones
Manquillo Skrtel Sakho Enrique
Lucas
Can Coutinho
Markovic
Lambert Balotelli

Was that positive or negative? I couldn't tell.....

I'm not sure. I don't think going to three at the back will help us. The problem is not the system, it's not the quality of the players(although we could do with better). We're not performing at a level that a squad of this talent should perform.

It's attitude/psychological/bad habits. What ever combination we put out at the back, they're going to concede as they're in a habit of conceding, something more fundamental needs to change to sort that. Putting three central defenders, all of whom have forgotten how to defend, just means we have another player that's likely to make a mistake on the pitch. It won't help.

We need to bring a new face into the coaching set up, or bring a defender or midfielder in that remembers how to defend and lead the others. Otherwise nothing will change.

I'm not sure. I don't think going to three at the back will help us. The problem is not the system, it's not the quality of the players(although we could do with better). We're not performing at a level that a squad of this talent should perform.

It's attitude/psychological/bad habits. What ever combination we put out at the back, they're going to concede as they're in a habit of conceding, something more fundamental needs to change to sort that. Putting three central defenders, all of whom have forgotten how to defend, just means we have another player that's likely to make a mistake on the pitch. It won't help.

We need to bring a new face into the coaching set up, or bring a defender or midfielder in that remembers how to defend and lead the others. Otherwise nothing will change.

I totally agree, I thought this morning about it and to me I think all the extra games and travelling has basically been the downfall of Rodgers season.

Give him a full week every week like last season and you could see the harmony of the team, he had to pick his best side week in week out with no rotation hardly.... he could implement his ideas his structure without having to worry about form, tiredness, rotating because of amount of games.

This season has obviously been a massive learning process for Brendan, I think we do need to cut him some slack from that perspective. Its unchartered waters for him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom