• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People keeps saying, we can't pay top dollar, we've been paying top dollar for ages. Not on a par with some clubs, but enough to have competed and won more. We've just spent poorly too many times, it's fuck all to do with not having the resources.

look oncy there is no need to be so aggressive, you know full well I wouldn't have said any of this if I knew the situation was sensitive.

I don't think it's a big deal Neil, I just don't think you realised where the conversation was going, no one would thinks otherwise ;) Oncy loves yer really.

as I said earlier, how well has that served us in 20 years (if you take out cups out of the equation)?

Better than most clubs but not enough to challenge for the title. And that's kinda the point, there's no correct 'method', it's just about employing the right person(s).

I don't think it's a big deal Neil, I just don't think you realised where the conversation was going, no one would thinks otherwise ;) Oncy loves yer really.

if something happened to oncy on the day of the cup final I honestly had no idea, no way would I have said what I said if I'd known.
I apologise oncy for any offence I may have unknowingly caused.

france doesn't count. valencia is a good example though, but no way is what happened there happening again anytime soon.
Why doesn't France count?
PSG spent the bones of a hundred million in the summer and they have one of the best coaches in the world managing the team.
So what's the problem?
Mark is spot on though,the reason where Liverpool are today is because of some fucking shocking decision making.
We have spent more than enough over the last 15 years to have won a title.

if something happened to oncy on the day of the cup final I honestly had no idea, no way would I have said what I said if I'd known.

Nothing happened! He's fucking with yer. I'll explain, there were people about he couldn't get his cock out infront of. The end!

Better than most clubs but not enough to challenge for the title. And that's kinda the point, there's no correct 'method', it's just about employing the right person(s).

I'm not saying I advocate the direction FSG are taking, all I'm saying is we have nothing to lose as going in one direction hasn't yeilded enough results in the bread and butter and with the advent of champions league it IS the bread and butter.

Lurking on TLW, there's a superb interview with Digger where he shares his ideas on developing a philosophy. He's so intelligent and eloquent, I'd love for him to be involved in the club in some capacity.

People keeps saying, we can't pay top dollar, we've been paying top dollar for ages. Not on a par with some clubs, but enough to have competed and won more. We've just spent poorly too many times, it's fuck all to do with not having the resources.
Gab Marcotti was on the radio the other day and he said that Liverpool was the only one of the elite clubs in Europe (G16 or whatever) whos wage bill was on the decrease in the past two seasons. Every other club is increasing as are those behind us (Newcastle, Spurs etc) when it comes to wages paid.
Our decline isnt really a surprise. Massive wages paid out to the wrong players for years and less revenue for players.

Why doesn't France count?
PSG spent the bones of a hundred million in the summer and they have one of the best coaches in the world managing the team.
So what's the problem?
Mark is spot on though,the reason where Liverpool are today is because of some fucking shocking decision making.
We have spent more than enough over the last 15 years to have won a title.

because the competiton is no where near as dominating as it is in england or spain. if anyone out the top two in spain wins the league then I will be impressed.

Good grief.
You make loving you hard Neil.

because the competiton is no where near as dominating as it is in england or spain. if anyone out the top two in spain wins the league then I will be impressed.
Dortmund spent less than Barnsley and Watford over the last two seasons.

it's a step back but hopefully moving forwards we will have clear goals and objectives and how to obtain those goals withing the structure of turnover rather than a sugar daddy.

France does count... Not to the same extent but of course it counts. Whoever did that job at Montpellier did amazingly well. I'm pretty sure it will be down to one dude's singular vision and not because of some new hierarchical structure that makes more sense to long term investors.

France does count... Not to the same extent but of course it counts. Whoever did that job at Montpellier did amazingly well. I'm pretty sure it will be down to one dude's singular vision and not because of some new hierarchical structure that makes more sense to long term investors.

the eqivilent in england would be someone like newcastle winning the league right?
what monpellier did was pretty impressive but france isn't a strong league (imho).
how many CL finalists have they had in the past 10 years?

Honestly Neil, I wasn't joking the other day you know.

Would you please slow down with the posting? You're dominating every page of every thread and it's getting really irritating.

Honestly Neil, I wasn't joking the other day you know.

Would you please slow down with the posting? You're dominating every page of every thread and it's getting really irritating.

nope. if the board wants me to post less then take it out of my hands and ban me.

Not so much one dude as two, a chairman with vision and an excellent new manager (picked as it happens from outside club football - he had some sort of post with the French FA). I don't know for certain whether the latter had to work to a DOF, but if he did I haven't heard about it.

Its down to a good crop of youth being supplemented by smart purchases.

Helped by the fact they have a sporting director, a development director and a manager.

If LVG is appointed DoF, then I don't mind either Martinez or AVB.

Martinez seems thorough in his approach and its hard to ignore his footballing philosophy. Keeping Wigan in the Premiership on a shoe string budget is an achievement in its own right. His defence has leaked goals but thats due to the quality running through his team. He shouldn't have that problem at Liverpool with Clarke assisting. While he is largely unknown and would struggle to attract big names, having LVG in that respect will help.

AVB hasn't worked in adversity and when he did failed. Instructing the players to include him in goals celebrations at Chelsea is the height of self serving egotism. Nobody expected him to last there, not with the ego in that team. Yes he proved himself and Porto and its that body of work that got him recognition as one of the up and coming managers.

Both managers are a work in progress with similar philosophies. The question mark against both is are they able to step up? Liverpool is a whole different kettle of fish. If they thought that they knew what pressure is, they'll experience a different kind of expectation and intesity on a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom