• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Zenit at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Zenit... Brendan doesn't seem to deliver major upsets but he comes close. sometimes. I say it's a 3-2 win for us or a 3-3 draw @ anfield..

An early goal will lift the team. As long as we score it of course 😉

I believe we can turn this around and create another magic European night at Anfield. We desperately need that result.
I agree if we get an early one it will be a game.
If I was them I would come storming out of the blocks and go for an early away goal.

So long as that useless bag of cunt Jonjo Shelvey isn't anywhere near the starting 11, we're in with a shout.

Bib theory line up:

Reina, Enrique, Johnson, Agger, Carra, Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Gerrard, Suarez.

We can overturn this 2-0 deficit.

We lost 2-0 last time, but we had excellent opportunities to score. We will get them again, and with the crowd hopefully in good form, it will push us to be more successful.

I'm not that optimistic but if we can get to half time at either 1-0 or 0-0, I think we can get the game into extra time.

I think it's a good game to give Allen a chance again - hope he takes it.

We can overturn a two goal deficit at home for sure. Sadly they will score. So we'll be fucked.
Nice of the manager to remind us to support our team in a European tie at home when we are two down from the first leg. Might have forgotten otherwise.

There's tickets still available for the game so it's pretty obvious there's a chunk of apathy towards the tie

Its a long old journey on the off chance they got tix.
If it was just me id do it but with squidge in tow...
Notsomuch.

Incidentally, if we were to stay in the competition, do Sturridge or Coutinho stay cuptied or can they play in later rounds.

Can't see us turning over the 2 goal deficit to be honest.

We've got two goal threats there in Gerrard / Suarez. Amazing how much weaker we look without Sturridge.

I thought their second goal finished the tie at the time and I'm still of that opinion.

I am not thrilled about Allen in the starting 11 (if it's true). I think our best chance to win this tie is with more penetration in attack and taking our chances. With Allen we'll get more possession, but once again Suarez will be the only player in the box most of the time and if Zenith mark him well, our attacking threat will be neutralized.

I would start with Sterling up front with Suarez. I want to see Sterling from the start, not in the last 30 minutes when it's still 0:0 and the team is going forward in hurry and desperation. I think we need to take a risk and take the game to Zenith from the starting whistle. We need to score early and give ourselves confidence and make Zenith nervous. Rodgers emphasized "patience" before the match; I am afraid it's the wrong approach.

Allen's playing to allow Gerrard to move further forward. Relax.

I know, Gerrard and Henderson will play further forward and that will compensate for a lack of a striker - in theory. But I think in reality neither Gerrard nor Henderson will spend much time camped out in the opposition box - that's not what they do. So we'll get overcrowded midfield, but our only striker will have 2 defenders on him all game.

Obviously I hope I am completely wrong about this.

It is tricky. We need to wint he midfield battle, or else we will concede. And 1 goal from them will kill of this tie.So do we go all out attack and hope we manage to put them under pressure, with the risk of overexposing our defence? Or do we sit lower, get stuck in the midfield battle, and try to keep possesion lower in the field and build up from there? I think we need to get within striking distance as soon as possible, and being 2-0 down in a cup competition means we have to take risk.

PS: This is not a game for Joe Allen.

Nor me, really.

But it's still Liverpool in Europe with an underdog status. Anything is possible.

We need Hendo to volley one in after about 8 minutes. Then we need a penalty. Then we need Suarez to score.

Nor me, really.

But it's still Liverpool in Europe with an underdog status. Anything is possible.

True. It's amazing that given how shit we've been in recent years that a part of you still believes we can overcome all odds in Europe.

It's also amazing how important Sturridge has seemingly become in the space of about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom