• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stadium 'news' from Mr 'Going Forwards' Ian 'Hot' Ayre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedantry. Huh. :rolleyes: :p

Sebastian-Coates-Liverpool-Squad-Profile_2708240.jpg

SAY HIS NAME !

His name is pronounced coats. Least it is by me.

Good Scottish name Coates.

Fucks sake, everyone in this country pronounces berbatov wrongly cos the correct way sounds wrong.

Saying co-art-es just sounds pretentious, like those cunts who say Par-e instead of Paris.

Fucks sake, everyone in this country pronounces berbatov wrongly cos the correct way sounds wrong.

Saying co-art-es just sounds pretentious, like those cunts who say Par-e instead of Paris.

^^^smashes looms.

It's Par-eee dahhling.

*sips Pimms*

Last week Ayre said Liverpool would "need to convince" residents if the club were to stay at Anfield, and said: "We're having some great dialogue with them."However, Ros Groves, chair of the neighbouring Salisbury Residents Association, said she "hit the roof" when she read that. Her group has also been presented with demolition plans, for a corner opposite the main stand and Kop, which the club could develop commercially. But she said Liverpool have held no meaningful discussions with residents."I cannot see how it can be called 'great dialogue' when Ian Ayre has been to one meeting with one residents group," Groves said.

That's so typical of Ayre. I don't even think he intends to seem so shifty, in his own mind he probably believes most of the guff he comes out with.

Does *anyone* say Pa-ree instead of Paris?! Apart from the French, obviously. Although I suppose they could be the pretentious cunts you're talking about!

Anyway, I call him Kwatez, not Coates. That's how he pronounces it so I reckon that's fair enough. Countries and cities are different - for historical reasons a lot of them have different pronunciations and even completely different names from language to language.

Does *anyone* say Pa-ree instead of Paris?! Apart from the French, obviously. Although I suppose they could be the pretentious cunts you're talking about!

Anyway, I call him Kwatez, not Coates. That's how he pronounces it so I reckon that's fair enough. Countries and cities are different - for historical reasons a lot of them have different pronunciations and even completely different names from language to language.

Crikey

*awaits Rosco with his "many things mean different things in different languages" jibe*

Par-ee was the most extreme example, a more common one is mee-lan.

It applies to any place name, we pronounce them how we see it, not the way they do, why should a name be different?

Btw, the proper pronunciation sounds extremely scouse, especially when 'lad' is used afterwards.

Par-ee was the most extreme example, a more common one is mee-lan.

It applies to any place name, we pronounce them how we see it, not the way they do, why should a name be different?

Btw, the proper pronunciation sounds extremely scouse, especially when 'lad' is used afterwards.

luddites.jpg

Jon Fox and companion, 1812.

I just don't see how ambition and expanding Anfield could go together. I find this worrying.

Yes, how unambitious to install 15000 new seats for extra match day revenue and corporate boxes.

I just don't see how ambition and expanding Anfield could go together. I find this worrying.

60,000 seats, new corporate/money making seats, staying at Anfield, costs less, no stadium naming rights, how can you be unhappy?

60,000 seats, new corporate/money making seats, staying at Anfield, costs less, no stadium naming rights, how can you be unhappy?
I wouldn't be so sure on the "no naming rights" bit mate

there's no point building a new stadium if the numbers don't add up. 60, 000 with room for further expansion would be excellent at this point.

Exactly, if there is one thing you can say about the mancs it's that they've got it completely right with Old Trafford, kept in their historical home and expanded it into a world class, historical stadium, I want to do very much the same.

Personally I'm pleased we're staying put as I was always upset at the idea of leaving anyway. I doubt there'll be much difference income-wise from getting a new stadium, and in any case football, to me, is about more than that. It'd have to be a significant difference to make me prefer a new ground - and that's before you factor in the extra cost.

Also, I think people making the point that lots of other, smaller clubs, have managed to build a new ground and therefore so should we, are perhaps forgetting the cost many of those clubs have had to pay. A LOT of them got themselves into serious debt and have subseuently had serious financial problems. So while Moores obviously had his faults, maybe we should be more thankful that he took the prospect of a £300m debt as seriously as it deserved to be.

Exactly, if there is one thing you can say about the mancs it's that they've got it completely right with Old Trafford, kept in their historical home and expanded it into a world class, historical stadium, I want to do very much the same.

Yep, but actually probably my favourite example is St James's Park. I'd much rather have something like that than the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom