• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling Deal Complete: 49 million (44 + 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My head is gonna explode if I hear one more person say 50 mill was too much to turn down. We got fucking 35 mill. It's not a good deal for us cos it's extremely hard to replace him with that amount.

Technically it's £35.2m plus £5m in add-ons. And it's not hard to replace him with that amount, it's just hard if we make it hard for ourselves. For £35m we had Suarez AND Sturridge, who both piss on that overrated little gobshite.

Technically it's £35.2m plus £5m in add-ons. And it's not hard to replace him with that amount, it's just hard if we make it hard for ourselves. For £35m we had Suarez AND Sturridge, who both piss on that overrated little gobshite.

+ 4 Million in addons.. QPR will be due 20% of the addons too...

he was probably worth about 25-30 if sensible transfer fees still existed, which they obviously don't, having said that I don't like the look of our team at the moment, boring as fuck, we'll be 5th/6th without him, we would have been 5th/6th with him too

Man City fans are hilarious. There was one on the news claiming it will be a bargain if he stays ten years and does well. And he was being serious.

he seems made up that he's the most expensive british player

Sterling, speaking to Manchester City’s website, went on to thank his managers atLiverpool, including Brendan Rodgers, for offering him the opportunities to develop and impress in the topflight, as well as his family and agent, Aidy Ward.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini has called Sterling “one of the best attacking players in world football” and Quinn feels the expectation on Sterling’s shoulders next season will be huge.

I honestly wonder who City think they have signed.
This is mental.
Hes just a good player.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini has called Sterling “one of the best attacking players in world football” and Quinn feels the expectation on Sterling’s shoulders next season will be huge.

I honestly wonder who City think they have signed.
This is mental.
Hes just a good player.

The thing is we are a big club and people assume he was the best player at a big club. So he must be great. The reality is we played like a shit club, had no ideas, and continually relied on Sterling to do something. That in turn creates an illusion that he is some sort of dominant and important player at 20 years old. Its happened to us loads of times. Actually every time. Fuck them at least this time it's not us who are mental.

I was all meh about it, and him really, until I saw he'd changed his social media pic to this...

11701201_511361125684547_2323303798113637010_n.jpg

I defy anyone to find a more smug, less self-aware picture than that.

How would you ever tire of punching that face really?

Do you know what else blows my mind. That this fucking idiot thinks that he has joined a bigger club than the one he was at.
Manchester City will take 50 years to be where we are at.
Stupid cunt.

Something that occurred to me is they simply have to play him. Every game. I mean if they don't it will be all '£49m English record signing on the bench'! The media will pounce all over that headline. Pressure is on young Raheem. I wonder if he is up to it.....

Anyway I never thought he was that good anyway. - I do know fuck all about the intricacies of football though so what do I know... He'll probably be a ballon d'or winner for all I know. :(

The pressure was on him regardless. He learned a ton from Suarez and then the very next year as a finished article we occasionally leaned on him as the main man, while simultaneously saying you arent realized enough to warrant a crazy fee. His agent knew he had more value than that and did a good job being a cunt about it which made his wage a tad higher and his transfer fee a tad lower. Career wise it might pan out or not, but what's alarming is how outside of our bubble it's just the same as someone going from Southampton to us. Coutinho wishes he had that representation, and that his last name was Miller.

You just have to hope we are like Microsoft, and that for every Andy Carroll there's a Torres/Suarez

Wonder how he will cope with the pressure or the fact he won't be guaranteed a starting place.

Our last two superstar sales have gotten us 125M.

WOW!

The pressure was on him regardless. He learned a ton from Suarez and then the very next year as a finished article we occasionally leaned on him as the main man, while simultaneously saying you arent realized enough to warrant a crazy fee. His agent knew he had more value than that and did a good job being a cunt about it which made his wage a tad higher and his transfer fee a tad lower. Career wise it might pan out or not, but what's alarming is how outside of our bubble it's just the same as someone going from Southampton to us. Coutinho wishes he had that representation, and that his last name was Miller.

You just have to hope we are like Microsoft, and that for every Andy Carroll there's a Torres/Suarez

Wage a tad higher? He's on 180K per week now!

It is fucking depressing. We can't hold on to our best players and even though they may well be leaving simply for money, no one can argue when they say the club they went to is a better side.

And the last one that did it (who was much better than Sterling will ever be) was 100% vindicated by his decision.

Wage a tad higher? He's on 180K per week now!

I mean his wage is higher because his transfer fee was lower than it could have been if 1) his contract was longer 2) he hadn't made his position at LFC untenable. Higher than it might have been, obviously its way higher than it would have been had he accepted our offer.

This sport is fucked by the way, it will head into NHL territory at some point. I'd not be complaining if we would enjoy the ride, because I'm a rank hypocrite.

yay selling club yay.

Unfortunately that's a reality of football these days unless you happen to be Real, Barca, Chelsea, PSG or City.

On the upside players looking for the stepping stone to getting their dream move will see us as the perfect platform, which means we should be able to attract the next big thing in football until such time as we are get back to the major winners circle in terms of the league or CL.

You look at some of the best players we've had here in the last 10 years and where they have gone from here and you can see why emerging talent would jump at the chance to join Liverpool

Sterling - - City
Suarez - - Barca
Torres - - Chelsea
Alonso - - Real Madrid
Arbeloa - - Real Madrid

Unfortunately that's a reality of football these days unless you happen to be Real, Barca, Chelsea, PSG or City.

On the upside players looking for the stepping stone to getting their dream move will see us as the perfect platform, which means we should be able to attract the next big thing in football until such time as we are get back to the major winners circle in terms of the league or CL.

You look at some of the best players we've had here in the last 10 years and where they have gone from here and you can see why emerging talent would jump at the chance to join Liverpool

Sterling - - City
Suarez - - Barca
Torres - - Chelsea
Alonso - - Real Madrid
Arbeloa - - Real Madrid

Bastion of invincibility to platform of opportunity!

Also, I can take world beaters like Suarez leaving, just like if I got throat cancer from eating out Catherine Zeta Jones in her prime, I'd be ok with it.

Sterling isn't that special, but not that special was enough to make him one of our best players, and the fact that he can make the argument that he is too good for us and be taken seriously is really disturbing.

Bastion of invincibility to platform of opportunity!

Also, I can take world beaters like Suarez leaving, just like if I got throat cancer from eating out Catherine Zeta Jones in her prime, I'd be ok with it.

Sterling isn't that special, but not that special was enough to make him one of our best players, and the fact that he can make the argument that he is too good for us and be taken seriously is really disturbing.

Yes, they tried to make this argument, but pretty much no one bought it. Anyone with half a brain can see it's not the case of him outgrowing LFC or having nothing left to prove here; he simply had his head turned by the promise of huge money and took the low and quick road to getting it. That's why he's been booed even by the neutrals.

Looks like their zombie manager was right about him costing them 100mill quid, the 50 to us and then the other 50 in wages to him over 5yrs. 100mill for sterling ahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom