• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling to Man City.. Maybe Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so obvious he's not committed to us. Meh! He'll go to Arsenal and be meh as well for 30.7mill.

Just tell him that unless he signs a new contract, he'll be training with the u21s until the end of his contract in 2017, and won't be playing a single first team match in that time. That's two crucial years of development he'll be missing out on, and probably the Euros in 2016. I doubt he'll risk his career in this manner.

Do people honestly think Madrid or Bayern would be even slightly interested? Ive always said we overrate Sterling and we're doing it again, City only want him because then need English players, the best he could hope for besides that is Arsenal, and they're the same level as us, hes really buying his own hype, and so are a lot of our fans.

How many better 20 year olds are there though? He's one of the top talents and will only get better.
I dont agree with how he's conducting himself but I sure as hell dont want to lose him either.
Hype or not the lad is and could be key for us going forward. We've made that clear to everyone.

If we agree to sell him to Arsenal for a shite fee we can shove our ambition where the sun doesnt shine imho.
Its a big test for FSG aswell.

He is no Suraez.

Ibe looks like a monster talent.

There's maybe 4 or 5 players in the world at Suarez's level or above so forget that comparison.

As for this Ibe has more potential line being banded about all over the show...people do realise we're allowed to have both?

A lot of people downplaying Sterling's ability and potential in my opinion. It'll be a massive blow if he leaves.

How many better 20 year olds are there though? He's one of the top talents and will only get better.
I dont agree with how he's conducting himself but I sure as hell dont want to lose him either.
Hype or not the lad is and could be key for us going forward. We've made that clear to everyone.

If we agree to sell him to Arsenal for a shite fee we can shove our ambition where the sun doesnt shine imho.
Its a big test for FSG aswell.

Way less of a test than the Suarez saga.

Since when was the ambition of a footballer just to go to a team thats already good enough to win trophies without them?

Its some serious fucking low expectation setting isnt it?
Like not stay at a club and fight to make that club the best. Just fuck off to the ones who are already the best?

It would be like a fucking brilliant chef taking over at a restaurant but rather than try and compete with the michelin star chef down the road just go and be a sous chef there.

I dont understand it at all.
Im not just saying that because its us, and I kinda get it if you are at a club that has no ambition other than to exist in the league and make money, but for players at Liverpool, Arsenal, Dortmund, Roma and clubs like that to just want to go to a team that wins trophies?! Wheres the fucking ambition in that?
Lazy? Money grabbing? Probably, but DEFINATELY cowardly.

We are not going to put him in the reserves or on the bench. As long he is at Liverpool, he is going to be first choice. Which we have ensured by our crappy summer dealings over the two years.

Ibe has great potential but nowhere near enough to replace Sterlings impact.

Time and time again, footballers have proven to be mercenaries and cowards. Not sure why a lot of people are outraged by his latest interview. The "good ones" have better PR skills.

To a certain extent we lost the right to be outraged at his wage demands when we sanctioned 100K plus for that mong Balotelli. Even the latest wage we offered 100K is still 10-20K less than what Balotelli makes.

Sterling leaving will be a loss. No doubt about it. Hopefully we will reinvest the money we get well. And if by chance we stumble on to another superstar expect the same shit in two years time. The only way to stop this cycle to start winning things and qualifying for CL regularly.

I'd rather see him go to a club filled with top talent, where he can only occasionally get some game time at right back.

There's a bit of disgruntled revisionism going on in here...

Sterling is a super fucking footballer. Let's not start prettying up his possible departure with some derisory, half-baked nonsense about him not being that fucking special/we've lost better/let him go to arsenal/Ibe's a better talent shite.

He's 20 years of age, and has played over 100 games for us already.
15 games for England, and was by a distance their best player at last year's World Cup, where he frankly took the fucking piss.
He's our top scorer
Can play in any of 4 positions across the front, and play them well.
And has likely 10 odd years of top level football ahead of him.

He'll play 100 times for England
He's one of the best young players in the game
And he's already a super fucking talent.

Let's not get all mincey about him now cos he's negotiating the best deal for himself. Didn't Gerrard do the same? Carragher? Roy Keane? Ferguson? Rooney?

Everyone does it, so get used to it. If we've aspirations of being one of Europe's best club that keeps its best players then we don't let kids like this leave.

We shouldn't let him leave, but if it's out of our hands, what do we do?

If he already has delusions of grandeur before he's properly made it, then there's little we can do.

We offer him top dollar and if he rejects, get as much as we can.

We're no longer a destination sadly, more a stone on the path to success.

If he goes to arsenal he's a tit hough

I think he's been properly tapped up - probably by City.

I think he's been properly tapped up - probably by City.

Interesting idea given they need homegrowns and the FA might increase that quota to 12. I wonder how that would play out though - a big bid in the summer?

You working at the moment? I might pop in on my way home.

I wouldn't be wholly surprised if we drop him for the Gooner game. It's the sort of thing I could see BR doing. Fuck all this 'let's wait until the end of the season' 'I want to concentrate on my football' Blah blah blah bollocks. Fact is he is undermining the squad right now with his stance and now BBC interview.

I say fuck him and sell up for top whack.

Ryan's point above is a good one though but this whole thing smacks of the Michael Owen debarcle.

There's maybe 4 or 5 players in the world at Suarez's level or above so forget that comparison.

As for this Ibe has more potential line being banded about all over the show...people do realise we're allowed to have both?

A lot of people downplaying Sterling's ability and potential in my opinion. It'll be a massive blow if he leaves.

My point was offering sterling 150K a week + plus and you are into the wages we get into the money we had Luis on who genuinely is world class.

Really hoping we sign Sterling up but if we get held for ransom, whats to say the likes of Chan/Ibe asking for bigger wages in the coming years.

Poor form by sterling in interview but sloppy as per usual from club in leaking news out via Baratt/Joyce and BR talking of "incredible offers" being made etc.

I don't get the 'it's ok, we've got Ibe to replace him' attitude.

Sterling is the best 20 year old we've had since Owen/Gerrard.

Selling him at the same time we let Steven go (regardless of his on the pitch impact) is insane.

His attitude is pissing me off, the interview is bollocks, but if we let him go for the sake of 40k a week when the wage bill is reduced due to Gerrard leaving & the income increase dramatically is pretty much cutting off our nose to spite our face, as his transfer fee in a couple of seasons will be huge.

We have no excuse not to be in CL again next year which would make him sign probably. Utd were shit this year and we are still below them.

I wouldn't be wholly surprised if we drop him for the Gooner game. It's the sort of thing I could see BR doing. Fuck all this 'let's wait until the end of the season' 'I want to concentrate on my football' Blah blah blah bollocks. Fact is he is undermining the squad right now with his stance and now BBC interview.

I say fuck him and sell up for top whack.

Ryan's point above is a good one though but this whole thing smacks of the Michael Owen debarcle.

Rodgers' press conference should be interesting.

It is insane to put Sterling in the Owen/Gerrard class.

Owen was already one of the most feared finishers in England by then - 40 goals by the time he was 20 ... Sterling won't hit 40 league goals for ~2 years. Gerrard was already one of the top midfielders in England, challenging the likes of Keane & Vieira.

Sterling is a very good player. But he's not even close to that level ... Would I rather keep him? Yes. But it seems he wants to move on - so let him go and use a hungry, young, equally talented player who already showed what he's capable of doing in his brief stint (Ibe).

Interesting idea given they need homegrowns and the FA might increase that quota to 12. I wonder how that would play out though - a big bid in the summer?

You working at the moment? I might pop in on my way home.

Off today mate - in all weekend if you're in for the Arsenal game

Selling him at the same time we let Steven go (regardless of his on the pitch impact) is insane.

His attitude is pissing me off, the interview is bollocks, but if we let him go for the sake of 40k a week when the wage bill is reduced due to Gerrard leaving & the income increase dramatically is pretty much cutting off our nose to spite our face, as his transfer fee in a couple of seasons will be huge.

But he days is not about money - so we shouldn't offer him more - we should wait till we qualify for the CL & win the FA Cup then offer him the amount he said he'd have been happy with last year - which is less than we're offering him now.

I'd expect the Liverpool board to have a valuation in mind for Sterling's services and will negotiate on that. I can't imagine the owners will be phased by a negotiation and will walk away if necessary. Trying to negotiate down from an agents value is madness and would have wider ramifications. In the interim the club holds all the aces regarding any premature move as they amply demonstrated with Suarez. At this stage we decide where he goes, if anywhere, and what for.

I was thinking Chelsea

Except he doesn't really fit in to their team - they bought Curdado for there.

City on the other hand, need good, young, English players.

I want us to keep him, i don't care what money he wants. We've lost big wage earners over the past couple of seasons, I don't see the harm in putting one of our star players on a similar amount regardless of his age. This interview is horendously timed ahead of our game with Arsenal and you have to question why but it still doesnt detract from the fact that we need to keep players like him in the side.

A lot of people keep saying Ibe is/ will be better. Why are we only limited to one of them? Keep them both!

I want us to keep him, i don't care what money he wants. We've lost big wage earners over the past couple of seasons, I don't see the harm in putting one of our star players on a similar amount regardless of his age. This interview is horendously timed ahead of our game with Arsenal and you have to question why but it still doesnt detract from the fact that we need to keep players like him in the side.

A lot of people keep saying Ibe is/ will be better. Why are we only limited to one of them? Keep them both!

Isn't he saying that money isn't the deciding factor?

Its pretty obvious Raheem has hardly got two brain cells to rub together, bless him, so it's really the man pulling the strings behind the scenes who deserves the majority of the ire. His agent needs to seriously have a look at himself. Appaz this interview was not sanctioned by the club, and was terribly ill advised as the general reaction seems to be that he IS a money grabbing cunt contrary to the message they were trying to get across. So he's fucked off the fans and the club at a stroke and given Rodgers a further headache to deal with ahead of one of the most important matches of the season - nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom