• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling to Man City.. Maybe Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to play hardball with the little rascal and not let him take us ransom which is what the club has been doing so far. Well done.

Imagine if he did this to Ferguson @ MU. He'd have woken up with a horse's head next to him. Or turned into an Anderson or Nani.

Like Pogba, Pique, Cristiano Ronaldo to Madrid charade they had every summer, Rooney had a long contract dispute under Ferugson, so did Keane and Ferdinand.

Happens to everyone. We just notice it more when it happens here.

Is it not true that because he's under 24, just because he's in the last 2 years of his contract, it doesn't matter. We could sell him in 2017 and still be entitled to the "market rate"?

We only ever get held to ransom when there are no replacement players good enough for that player's role. (Obviously)
So I really hope we both sign someone in the summer and Ibe really steps up.
Then we'd hold all the cards.

Stick the little shit in the reserves.

Is it not true that because he's under 24, just because he's in the last 2 years of his contract, it doesn't matter. We could sell him in 2017 and still be entitled to the "market rate"?
Thats a very good point, that surely helps us protect his value a little entering the last two years of his contract.

I think credit must go to Hansern and Mystic for not rising to Ross' baiting. Lesser posters would be after going nuclear by now. Ease off Ross eh. It's unnecessary baiting of two long standing posters.
#VigilanteModding ;)

I'm the one getting bullied here

Yeah, but would you like to rely on a committee set up by the Premier League to decide upon the appropriate value for Sterling?
That process is operated by the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC). The PFCC is incorporated under the rules of both The Football League and Premier League, and forms part of the collective bargaining agreement with the Professional Footballers’ Association. The PFCC comprises of an independent Chairman, appointees from The Football League and Premier League (as appropriate), an appointee of The Professional Footballers’ Association and an appointee of the League Managers’ Association.

'PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place.'

Who knows, but it makes it much more complicated for his agent. Market rate is market rate.

Does it? it looks like his agent is in a no lose situation - barring catastrophic injury.

Refuse our offer, safe in the knowledge theres a better offer out there. If the club's don't agree a fee, someone else sets it.

And our concern would be that there probably isn't a precedent for a player like Sterling having his fee set in such a manner. We could end up with an awful deal

Does it? it looks like his agent is in a no lose situation - barring catastrophic injury.

Refuse our offer, safe in the knowledge theres a better offer out there. If the club's don't agree a fee, someone else sets it.

And our concern would be that there probably isn't a precedent for a player like Sterling having his fee set in such a manner. We could end up with an awful deal

We probably would end with an awful deal.

If it did come to that however and we decided to keep him on his current wage (someone suggested it's 35k) then at least we can save some money on the additional wages, fees etc that we would've been paying otherwise.

I don't think we're in a terrible position... unless we already recognize that playing hardball will affect not only him, but the group of players he's close to in the squad.

I'd say the difference between the wages might offset a lot of the potential difference in fee if we were to leave him to run down his present deal.

There's an advantage to that too, if we haven't already made up our mind on his character, if he sulks over it then he never had the mentality required to be one of the best. If he doesn't then he's bumping up that fee if he does want to leave.

I suppose it could be worse

In a sensational new twist today, Raheem Sterling has announced that he will be pushing for a move to Manchester City this summer.
"My favorite color has always been baby blue." He said in an interview at Melwood.
City representatives let it leak that they are prepared to pay Sterling up to £200k per week.
"Match that, bin dippers." An unnamed source was quoted as saying.
Angry fans gathered to protest outside of Melwood as rumors swirled, and two have been arrested after pelting Sterlings Range Rover Sport with dirty nappies.
Internet fora have been lighting up with the news to air their supreme indifference. "I'd rather have Pogba anyway." Said Ian from Birkenhead.

BBC háve* an interview up from Sterling regarding this at 17:00. The fact that there's an interview happening at all doesn't bode well in my opinion. Sneak peak.

*stop being an arse @RedNinja, take the autocorrect off, or at least make it work properly!

Hmmmmm if I could be fucked I would look for a post where I said "sell the little fucker" months ago!!
Sell the little fucker before we get shafted... He's not worth the bollox.

Raheem Sterling has told the BBC he doesn't want to be seen "as a money grabbing 20 year-old" as rumours circulate about his contract discussions at Liverpool.

Reports in various UK newspapers this month have suggested that Sterling is refusing to sign a new £100,000 a week deal, although the only official comment from Liverpool revealed that talks have been postponed by Sterling's representatives until the summer.
Speaking to the BBC, he said:

I don't want to be perceived as a money grabbing 20 year-old. I just want to be seen as the kid that loves to play football.​

Cocky little shit. They always do this, exempt themselves from responsibility for a team not winning something recently, as if all his teammates are falling short of his own high standards. You want to win things, Raheem? Well start playing better, work harder on your finishing and start scoring more goals!

"I don't want to be seen as a money-grabbing 20 year-old," says Raheem Sterling, "so from now until my 21st birthday I shall be hiding under this blanket".

17qdle326gcy6jpg.jpg

In the interview with the BBC, Sterling also said he would have accepted less than £100,000 a week had he been offered a new deal this time last year, when the Reds were chasing the Premier League title.
"If, at that point in time, I was offered a contract, I most definitely would have signed straight away, probably for far less money than being said now," he said. "I just think the timing was a bit off."

Oi, get fu*cked sonny.

'Quite flattering' to be linked with Arsenal? He does know they barely ever win anything too right? How the fuck do players see moving to Arsenal as a step up? I really don't get it. They are perennial underachievers just like us. In fact, joining a team that qualifies for 18 straight CLs and yet has STILL NEVER WON THE EUROPEAN CUP ONCE would, to me at least, look like a sideways move.
Why don't these players try harder to get us into the CL instead of dreaming of moving to other one already in it. Fucking shithouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom