• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

studge moaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't disagree with that as far as it goes, but they still need to be professional enough to be part of the team pattern while they're at it. That's where the problem lies with the Studge.

I'm not sure he's any more temperamental than most top strikers though. How many of Ibra, Costa, Aguero, Vardy, Kane etc would pretend to be happy getting stuck on the wing? You think Owen or Rush would have been delighted about it? I don't mind him being pissed off, I'm sick of successive managers playing people in stupid positions.

Dalglish happily tried a number of positions, because he was smart enough to see their value, and good enough to make the most of them. Lucky that Studge never played for that idiot Cruyff. He would have gone straight out on to the wing. And he should avoid Guardiola, too - god knows where Pep would play Studge. Probably not as a number 9.

I remember Suarez playing on the left wing while Sturridge played centrally in one game. It told me everything I needed to know about both those players. Sturridge watched a player who was easily better than him do incredible amounts of work, even when he was playing out of position. His response was the same game you always see. Sturridge didn't play with any particular point to prove; he never does. That default state still scores goals and more; it's not as though he's just some languid pure finisher type. Sturridge is the same now, he's just not as good because he has lost a couple steps, which combined with the amount of games he misses a season, would cause any manager to cease building a team around him. Most strikers would have the same complaint he does and he's still the most talented attacker at the club, but for all sorts of reasons, he's not the most effective. There will come a time where the tipping point means his ability can't overcome his other injuries and his diminishing athleticism, but given the rest of our team at the moment, it's not right now.

The difference being that Milner will go out on the pitch, give 110% and will more than likely do a good job regardless of how unhappy he is in the role. Sturridge just looks half arsed at the best of times, unless it's going well for him.

Absolutely nothing to do with it in this respect though. Both players made similar comments. And you're just not going to get the same in terms of work rate and everything in Sturridge compared to Milner...in fact you won't get it in too many players. I think these Sturridge is a lazy twat shouts stem from the frustration that he isn't reliable injury/fitness wise which I can understand but I find it strange that people think he should he charging around like Paul Dickov back in the day. He's just not that type of player and never will be. I see a lot of strikers like him in football today.

Speculative at best...

All stemed from John Cross's shit article, about his glare..

Journalismn in this country is bile at best

Aha. Well, then, that's not 'Sky pundits,' that's 'Sky pundit' - one Mat Dunn from the Daily Express, a hack with absolutely zero connection with the club. He was formerly based in Yorkshire, where, understandably, he had no contact with the club. He's now based in London, still with no contacts at the club, and doesn't even regularly report on games: he's working as a rival to the Mail's sports diarist, the odious Charlie Sale. So what he knows about the desires of individual players could be written on a quarter of a postage stamp. Non story.

It's a non story, but it's created or stemmed from this perceived bad attitude from Sturridge. The press are looking for it because he's out the team, and with his article last week and his demeanor on Saturday, it creates a non-story that soon snowballs into a story. It creates unrest, which then attracts interest from other teams.

Either way, when you look at all of the factors - injuries, attitude, not being first choice, clearly different from the work-savvy forward that Klopp wants. He's gone sooner rather than later.

I reckon he does want out though. He must see that Klopp doesnt rate him.
If we could sell and bring in a top replacement in the next 3 days if be ok with this.

I think our summer expenditure is way off what we need to compete though to be honest.
United and City have spent NET about 250m between them.

Weve spent Net about zero.
Klopp better know what he is doing. This was supposed to be the summer our spending could be limitless because of Tv but it looks like the owners have other plans.

Several other clubs are struggeling with the same problem, there arent many top strikers available at the moment.
We wont be selling Studge and there isnt a replacement out there that we can easily get.

That "death stare" John Cross was talking about is a non story. Its John Cross for FFS.

But wheter or not Studge is here next season is another question. Hopefully he plays a lot of games this season and scores goals. We need that.

Would people prefer a lazy, moaning, injury-prone Sturridge or a fit, motivated Danny Ings? Serious question.

Would people prefer a lazy, moaning, injury-prone Sturridge or a fit, motivated Danny Ings? Serious question.

They're two hugely different players, more complementary rather than competitive. Obviously in terms of character I'd much prefer Ings, but I see Ings as a good player to have buzzing around Sturridge.

Sturridge at his best is such a wonderful player to watch you want to excuse him as much as you can. And actually I think much of what the hacks now want to see as a problem between him and Klopp is really a consequence of the much more forensic analysis of Studge's fitness issues by Klopp's staff.

There was absolutely no way they were going to give him a mini pre-season when he came back from England duties - indeed, Klopp made a point of saying he'd expect Sturridge and a couple of others to be still completing their pre-season when the first few games were going on. His fitness staff are absolutely uncompromising about what each player has to do before they're judged fully fit at this stage, and for Studge they've overseen a bespoke programme for him that simply must be completed. If Sturridge is genuinely ungrateful and resentful of that then he really must be a phenomenally stupid boy.

There's also, clearly, the issue of how much Sturridge is willing to adapt his game, and attitude, to suit Klopp's team, once he is really fit. If he fails to even try, then, yes, Ings is preferable. This team just cannot accommodate free riders.

There is every indication that Ings isn't going to get many games, regardless of his fitness and motivation. He is behind Origi, Firmino and Sturridge and hasn't even made match day squads.

So we may never know. I do think that if Danny Ings played as many games as Firmino up front, he'd score more goals.

There is every indication that Ings isn't going to get many games, regardless of his fitness and motivation. He is behind Origi, Firmino and Sturridge and hasn't even made match day squads.

So we may never know. I do think that if Danny Ings played as many games as Firmino up front, he'd score more goals.
There is a lot to be concerned about and unsure about right now.

I think biggest of which is if Coutinho is off form I dont see us winning many games.

If this young kid in the Under 23's, Woodburn, continues his goalscoring form, we won't need to sign anyone..

We are looking at the next Robbie Fowler here.. Talented kid.. still only 16..

He will piss all over Rashford, when he breaks into the first team..

I wrekon you will see that happen before the end of the season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom