• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge Back in the new year... God willing - (looks up to the heavens) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I'm being a bit thick, but I've read that post by My_Blood.... twice now and I'm still unsure as to what the point is.

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick, but I've read that post by My_Blood.... twice now and I'm still unsure as to what the point is.

Mark said that religion when distorted had been the root of evil for thousands of years. MBBR agreed to some extent (I suspect his reservation, as it would be mine, is that there isn't just one "root of evil") and added that religion taken to distorting extremes invariably misses its own point, which is to set people free.

Can we stop talking about religion for fucks sake.

Sturridge being injured is bad enough without reading all this

Sturridge better be sleeping in an oxygen tank every night now for the rest of his career.

Mark said that religion when distorted had been the root of evil for thousands of years. MBBR agreed to some extent (I suspect his reservation, as it would be mine, is that there isn't just one "root of evil") and added that religion taken to distorting extremes invariably misses its own point, which is to set people free.

Yeah soz, I didn't mean the root, I was exaggerating to get my point across (as per). The point about setting people free is more or less my ideal. If people want to take a spiritual idea or worship a particular deity to as an example of a greater good, then I don't see the issue. I dislike the hypocrisy of certain aspects of religion and how selective some worshipers can be (that's where distortion comes from), but practicing as a moral human being (religious or not), is better than ignorantly poking fun at the method.

212 million two huneredd hand Tvelve MILLions converts ly I believe eye belie ve

what would this forum do with that. who would you have bought and why @Ryan

Well, net spend is of interest because it affects our ability to spend in the future.

I don't really see how it's become such a major talking point when it comes to managers though. My understanding is that they're not really the ones valuing the players anyways... and in most cases where a player goes on to make a substantial profit, it's not the manager that has decided to move that player on.

Ignoring him is good tactic when it comes to Silver Sean I find mate. Especially on matters such as these. You know ones that require a modicum of intelligence, humility and understanding. Oddly we actually share the same religious standpoint. I just choose not to express my opinion like a classless div.

Ha, ha, ha.

Ignoring him is good tactic when it comes to Silver Sean I find mate. Especially on matters such as these. You know ones that require a modicum of intelligence, humility and understanding. Oddly we actually share the same religious standpoint. I just choose not to express my opinion like a classless div.

Intelligence? A degree and an MA. Humility? Why does anyone have to respect someone elses belief? It's a belief, not a race or colour. You don't need to to have humility about an idea. It's an idea. Understanding? Believing in one of thousands of Gods across human history. Yes, I understand. It's simple brain washing, peer pressure and social engineering. Going to put you on ignore now. I suggest you do the same with me.

Rodgers on Studge:

“We reckon it’s his ninth injury on the same thing from previous clubs here and there,” the Liverpool manager said. “So there seems to be an underlying issue somewhere. Our medical team are looking into it, the latest scans show a slight tear just below where he had a previous injury.

“Daniel is very disappointed and so are we. It is hugely disappointing to be without a player of his quality. Most players you will find want to play through an injury to get on to the field and when the incident happened in training it was through quite an innocuous action. He just flicked the ball and instantly felt the pain, it wasn’t a shot or anything that looked as if it might be serious.”

I'm expecting elements of the media to fasten on to this and have another pop at our unhappiness with Hodgson's handling of the Studge, deliberately ignoring the fact that we had stabilised his fitness and got him playing regularly before Hodgson decided to "test his resolve" - twice in a row - when he was called up for England.

Intelligence? A degree and an MA. Humility? Why does anyone have to respect someone elses belief? It's a belief, not a race or colour. You don't need to to have humility about an idea. It's an idea. Understanding? Believing in one of thousands of Gods across human history. Yes, I understand. It's simple brain washing, peer pressure and social engineering. Going to put you on ignore now. I suggest you do the same with me.

Yay! One classless div down....

Good for him. We have three strikers with as many goals in the premier league this season as I do, and another one who's permanently injured.

He's been here for nearly 3 years now, spent 212million and we're in 11th place.

So, I'm not really that interested if his net spend is only 60 million odd.

Don't know.. He's spent 200m but lost, what, 150m odd worth of talent. He needs to do better but I can't understand how net spend is insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom