• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge - Injury now sorted for good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's tailor made for our new system.

He's super quick, is better at hold-up play than many give him credit for, has great movement and the attacking intent to turn and go when the time's right. And he's a fucking brilliant finisher.

He'll improve us hugely back in the side.

It will also be interesting to see whether the reintroduction of Sturridge will allow Rodgers the luxury of bringing back Balotelli. It is quite possible that the pair could work well together.

Maybe but he's painted into a corner if Mario isn't training well but Rodgers wants to try playing 2 up front.

I don't think Rodgers will budge from the 3-4-3 for awhile. He was experimenting with the 3-5-2 last year but it was just too defensive. This gives him the best of both worlds and makes us very difficult to press against. You have to press with 3 players to have any type of success. Which should allow him to develop a team around his death by football vision. Get used to it boys.

In addition, it allows you to focus on fewer positions to buy for. CB, WB, CM, AM/Winger, and ST. While taking advantage of all the versatile players we have been buying

251D545200000578-0-image-m-48_1422363164075.jpg

251D545200000578-0-image-m-69_1422363779435.jpg

I can't wait to see the kid back. He's fucking dynamite.
Sad that he's not recognised as such by our fans. This lad should have a huge fucking banner & have his name sung every week whether he's playing or not.

I find it worrying that Colin Pascoe has a song & our fans prefer to sing songs about players who have left before Daniel has one.

Sad that he's not recognised as such by our fans. This lad should have a huge fucking banner & have his name sung every week whether he's playing or not.

I find it worrying that Colin Pascoe has a song & our fans prefer to sing songs about players who have left before Daniel has one.

He is weirdly underrated isn't he? Last season he was absolutely sensational. The goals, the movement, the pace, the intelligence on and off the ball. Made everyone else look better, including Suarez. If he was Argentinian, Spanish, or Scouse he would be sung about every week. I hope he comes back fit and takes the mantle as our main man.

It's weird isn't it. I've always felt Anfield has never taken to Daniel Sturridge or appreicated how good he has been for us. Maybe it's his name, or the dance, the fact that he's ex Chelsea, or he's been playing alongside Suarez... but he definitely hasn't had as much love as he deserves during his time here.

Hopefully that changes soon.

It's weird isn't it. I've always felt Anfield has never taken to Daniel Sturridge or appreicated how good he has been for us. Maybe it's his name, or the dance, the fact that he's ex Chelsea, or he's been playing alongside Suarez... but he definitely hasn't had as much love as he deserves during his time here.

Hopefully that changes soon.

Maybe he was overshadowed by Suarez a little. But as Buddha says above he is so good for this system, the ball sticks and he makes it very difficult to get it off him. Hope he can get up to match fitness quick because we are going into a run of difficult games.

I hate the way we had to constantly protect him against all those opposition fans who derided him and thought he was nothing but an average/decent player last season ... until the stats showed he had the best record in Europe (goals per game) and the best gpg of any LFC player with more than 30 goals. And now those same oppo fans with their short term memories, have forgotten all that and he is again nothing but average again. Come back and show those fuckers big time Danny Boy.

id like to think wed won the semi final 3/4-1 over aggregate had this man been playing for us.

my optimism on how our season will pan out is now all In on a proper sturridge return

Yeh, I cant wait for him to return, the one upside of this injury I suppose is that hes going to be fully fresh and raring to go.

A lot of people had made their minds up about Studge before he came, and scrutinised his every pout for signs of his infamous bad attitude (meanwhile Suarez is gesticulating angrily at teammates for every misplaced pass or error and is indulged by adoring reds). I witnessed the speed with which people jumped to over scrutinise and criticise him on here regularly, even though the guy has always said the right things and played brilliantly since he's been here (injuries aside). Being our only class striker should soon change things.

For once I don't really go along with that, Doc. The Studge certainly had his critics before he arrived, and I was one of them, but (a) the vast majority of us - again including me - said we'd get behind him when he signed and have duly done so, while (b) he himself has said in at least one interview since signing that doubts about his previous attitude had some justification.

For once I don't really go along with that, Doc. The Studge certainly had his critics before he arrived, and I was one of them, but (a) the vast majority of us - again including me - said we'd get behind him when he signed and have duly done so, while (b) he himself has said in at least one interview since signing that doubts about his previous attitude had some justification.

JJ, you weren't keen but you did come around quickly, and clearly you were won over and expressed that unequivocally. I don't mean people who initially weren't keen but got behind him like yourself. I (perhaps with a Modo-esque sensitivity to Studge criticism) noted a significant number last season and before that, that continued to be at best lukewarm on Studge, and at worst, quick to criticise, and frankly unfair to him.

JJ, you weren't keen but you did come around quickly, and clearly you were won over and expressed that unequivocally. I don't mean people who initially weren't keen but got behind him like yourself. I (perhaps with a Modo-esque sensitivity to Studge criticism) noted a significant number last season and before that, that continued to be at best lukewarm on Studge, and at worst, quick to criticise, and frankly unfair to him.

Well, I counterbalance all that. I fucking love the Studge, and I was ecstatic when I thought we were getting him in the Torres deal. I was very confident when we finally did sign him. I also much prefer him to Suarez. Not yet as a player but as person and I think his potential is in theory limitless. Guy is pure class and is the charismatic sort we need to lead young players. Not to be our captain but to gel them all and help keep the confidence sky high. We will turn a massive corner in form whenever he gets on the pitch. I hope Rodgers makes the big call to drop Gerrard from our Best XI (big games) as soon as the man is fit.

@doctor_mac and Sturridge sitting in a tree . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom