• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross posted.

NEW Liverpool signing Daniel Sturridge has had a dig at Manchester United and former club Chelsea.
"In the Premier League, there is no bigger club than Liverpool," Sturridge said, as the Anfield outfit prepare to take on United on Sunday.
"It is the biggest club I have played for. I thank the boss for giving me an opportunity to play for a club like this.
"You are always fit enough to start a game against Manchester United. I'd love to play, but that's down to the manager.
Sturridge is also looking forward to playing alongside Kop favourite Luis Suarez.
"It's going to be a pleasure for me to play with him (Suarez).
"I'm looking forward to us forming a formidable partnership against the teams we've got coming up.
"It's down to the manager which team he picks for the United game."

Rarer for white players to be mixed up at a distance, it's just amusing to me that commentators can only squirm and wriggle when they call a black guy the wrong name. You can feel their little brains whirring with the possible consequences of being accused of thinking 'they all look the same'. All commentators are utter, utter twats who do nothing to enhance watching football on TV, and everything to ruin it.
Whatever happened to the Sky channel where you could choose to watch the game from behind the goal with only crowd noise? Or did I dream that?
I'm pretty sure they get mixed up either way just as often. But I see your point. Getting 2 black players mixed up has to be a commentators nightmare. Even if he frequently does it with 2 white players, no one would think anything of it.

I get players mixed up all the time. In fact unless it's obvious & the player sticks out like a sore thumb I can never fucking tell who has the ball.

Whatever happened to the Sky channel where you could choose to watch the game from behind the goal with only crowd noise? Or did I dream that?

I think you're getting mixed up with 'going the match'.

I often watch the game on canal+ hd Spain cos their optional audio is just crowd noise.

Haha. Actually there was an option to do that.

There was also the fan commentary. Hilarious when watching a neutral game, but seriously annoying when watching Liverpool play. I'd bet my house that one particular week I was listening to the fan commentators, the Liverpool guy was Rael. He must have gave his ticket to someone else that day :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they get mixed up either way just as often. But I see your point. Getting 2 black players mixed up has to be a commentators nightmare. Even if he frequently does it with 2 white players, no one would think anything of it.

I used to enjoy at the the match not recognising any of the opposition as you generally only saw them when we played them. Remember Gasgoine standing out when we beat them 4-0 at home and he got a standing ovation. Usually it's nice not to to know who the fuck they are. Still works for Norwich. I remember about 10 or so years back at a home game against Sunderland when I honestly couldn't have told you the name of one of their players, they did all have haircuts that were bleached highlighted and looked like they were on backwards though.

I wonder if black people growing up in an overwhelmingly white area are also given to thinking black people look more similar than white people? I suppose they must be.

Er, probably should've quoted FFF's post above, in case this seems random. :oops:
Nope not at all.

A tory one.
Everyone wears grey v-necks over pastel t-shirts with navy jeans and sensible shoes.
They all look the same and talk the same fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom