• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

[quote author=jan link=topic=43645.msg1259781#msg1259781 date=1295742145]
Kuyt would welcome Suarez signing for Liverpool
Published 23:00 22/01/11 By Bill Mills (3) Recommend (1)

Dirk Kuyt says Liverpool must buy Luis Suarez to give the frontline more quality.

The Holland international knows that Suarez is the prime target for manager Kenny Dalglish and believes the Ajax and Uruguay star will solve the Reds’ goal-scoring problems.

Kuyt said: “In our attack we really need a quality injection. Only then I can see us climbing up again.

“We don’t have enough power and options up front right now.â€

Kuyt has revealed that the new training methods and style of Kenny Dalglish and new head coach Steve Clarke are loved by the players.

Kuyt: “It comes close to the Dutch style. Playing with early pressure on the opponents and a passing game with the ball low on the ground. Not all those long balls anymore.

“Dalglish and Clarke have this vision: if you have Torres and Gerrard in the team, we will be stronger against 80 per cent of the opponents when we put the pressure on them in their own half.â€

The combination of Dalglish and Clarke is a really good one. Clarke has come in from outside the club.

He has the same role as he had earlier with Mourinho at Chelsea. Under Clarke we now do totally different training sessions. We do a lot of positional play in small spaces.

“And while Clarke is doing sessions with us, Dalglish will talk all the stress away from the players.

“He is a living legend here. He has the charisma, the experience and the confidence to create peace. He also has a fabulous connection with the fans. They love him here.

“I could not believe it the first time he went out on the pitch against Everton, eleven years since he last coached a team.

“The noise at Anfield was incredible. With Dalglish the atmosphere at the club is changing.†And Kuyt, who could have forced a move to Inter Milan last summer, is ­committed to the Anfield cause.

He ended: “I intend to stay now. In the summer Inter came to me to find out if I wanted to move.

“The board of Liverpool took a strong attitude towards them. They did not want me to go because I was one of the five most important players for the team.’’

“In my talks with the new board I feel the same kind of trust in me.

“So in return I want to show my loyalty to the club in these difficult times.â€

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-s-Dirk-Kuyt-would-welcome-the-arrival-of-Luis-Suarez-and-reveals-the-new-training-regime-under-Kenny-Dalglish-and-Steve-Clarke-article678559.html

Well he doesn't really say that but interesting comments nonetheless, that's his second dig at Roy's methods
[/quote]
I loved reading this, even though there was no mention of Suarez.

Ajax are after Gudjohnsen. Maybe a replacement for Suarez

hahahah. the truth is come april suarez will be yet to score his first goal for us. whereas gudjohnsen will have knocked in about 7 or 8 for ajax.

Damien Comolli sent to seal a deal for Suárez

Tony Barrett
1 minute ago

Liverpool’s determination to make a marquee signing during the January transfer window will see Damien Comolli dispatched to Amsterdam for talks with Ajax over a deal for Luis Suárez.

Liverpool’s interest in the Uruguay forward has been thwarted by Ajax’s £21 million valuation of a player who turns 24 today. Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football strategy, is not willing to pay more than £18 million in a deal that would also see Ryan Babel, the Liverpool forward, return to his former club as a makeweight, and will attempt to compromise.

The outcome of the talks is likely to hinge on Ajax’s determination to hold on to a player who has spoken publicly of his desire to move to England, with Liverpool his preferred destination.

“When I see the way that [Carlos] Tévez plays there I think I can be a big name in England,†Suárez said.

Frank De Boer, the Ajax coach, is not keen to sanction the sale after agreeing with Rick van den Boog, the club’s managing director, that it will not proceed unless financial requirements are satisfied and a replacement lined up.

“We won’t let Luis go on 31st January at 23.55pm,†De Boer said. “It is logical and a deal that I have made with Rick van den Boog. To replace Suárez will be difficult but we are ready to have a plan B, we know what we want if he leaves.â€

It is understood that Ajax have identified Bas Dost, the Heerenveen forward, as a potential replacement.

Fenway Sports Group (FSG), Liverpool’s owner, is prepared to fund a recruitment drive, but its determination has been met only with resistance from rival clubs with Blackpool adopting a similar stance to Ajax by pricing Charlie Adam, the midfield player, at a higher level than Liverpool are ready to pay.

Liverpool had a £4million bid for the Blackpool captain rejected on Friday and Ian Holloway, the Blackpool manager, has again made it clear that Adam will not be sold this month unless they return with a “drastically†improved offer. Liverpool will make a second bid of £5 million but that also seems likely to be turned down.

“I do not care if mighty Liverpool have made a bid for my best player Charlie Adam,†Holloway. “If they don’t improve it drastically or put a ‘1’ in front of it, they can go and whistle. They have offered £4 million, which is a disgrace. We’ve had three bids for him so far, from clubs that are round and about us in the league, but I’d suggest that rather than waste my time, or try and unsettle my club, they offer me a real amount of money.

“Life is about timing and this isn’t the right time. He will stay with us because the figures being bandied around are insulting. We will get £46 million if we stay up so why get rid of Charlie now for a good deal less than that?â€

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article2885429.ece

[quote author=the Times link=topic=43645.msg1260215#msg1260215 date=1295820456]Comolli, Liverpool’s director of football strategy, is not willing to pay more than £18 million
[/quote]

Not to worry, you pay the £18m then Damien and maybe NESV will pay the other £3m or so?

'Mighty Liverpool'

Cant have been watching us for a while.

NOt sure why he's being a dick about it though; lets see if the Mancs or Juventus come back to him with a 1 in front of the 4 million.

I've not been following this, but is 48% more or less than it was?

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=43645.msg1260229#msg1260229 date=1295821555]
I've not been following this, but is 48% more or less than it was?
[/quote]

I got this Ryan...

It's been more than when it was less, and less than when it was more.

Thank you!

More.

Last time it was 38%.

Don't ask me to tell you how I got from 38-48 cos the permutations that were entered into the percentage collider are too enormous to even begin to comprehend.

Just take it as fucking factoid that the chances of Luis Suarez moving to LFC in this transfer window are 48% right now.

awesome!....wait....hmmm

I'm sure they'll increase once that highly respected, suave frenchman lands in Amsterdam....

We need someone to send on-site confirmation for that.

Do we have anyone at the airport in Amsterdam?

It's a good thing the Dutch speak English because other The Frenchman would require the translating skills of, Englishman, Ssteve MaClarensh.

[quote author=themn link=topic=43645.msg1260243#msg1260243 date=1295822102]
It's a good thing the Dutch speak English because other The Frenchman would require the translating skills of, Englishman, Ssteve MaClarensh.
[/quote]
Suarez is from Uruaguay.
Comolli will need an interpreter who speaks uruaguayan.

We will sign him, I´m confident.

Lol@ the count (I hope I'm laughing *with* you sir).

[quote author=the count link=topic=43645.msg1260246#msg1260246 date=1295822374]
[quote author=themn link=topic=43645.msg1260243#msg1260243 date=1295822102]
[/quote]
Suarez is from Uruaguay.
Comolli will need an interpreter who speaks uruaguayan.
[/quote]

A uruaguayaner.

And you can have a yellow for that one, Mr St George fella !

Mmmm. Fray Bentos dirt.

This is why the whole cheating on your missus argument 'I've got steak at home so why would I want chicken out' thing never worked for me. Because while steak might be delicious, it would get a bit samey every night. Some nights you just want a nasty Fray Bentos with mushy peas and loads of onion gravy.

Just sayin.

[quote author=themn link=topic=43645.msg1260250#msg1260250 date=1295822510]
Lol@ the count (I hope I'm laughing *with* you sir).
[/quote]You know it buddy. Bit dissapoinyed nobody bit.
Going to have to work on my whooshing.

Adam, Suarez, and N'Zogbia to be signed by Wednesday.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=43645.msg1260261#msg1260261 date=1295823228]
[/quote]

Sauce?

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=43645.msg1260262#msg1260262 date=1295823323]
[/quote]

Sauce?
[/quote]

Feeling.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=43645.msg1260262#msg1260262 date=1295823323]
[/quote]

Sauce?
[/quote]

Paddy's hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom