• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

Actually krump, you've got a twitter login don't ya?

Send that bandwagon-jumping bellend Smith a link to this thread, and tell him to get his own prediction metrics.

Cheers.

empireofthekop Empire of the Kop
RT @RBuxton_LFC: Babel deal to Hoffenheim seemingly off. Dalglish says "he's staying" but did not elaborate.

Is Adam that good?

Is N'Zogbia really that good?

Suarez is that good but will he be worth the big punt?

Does Rory copy Ryan?

So many questions and it's only Monday.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=43645.msg1260480#msg1260480 date=1295865034]
RT @RBuxton_LFC: Babel deal to Hoffenheim seemingly off. Dalglish says "he's staying" but did not elaborate.
[/quote]

Babel is a cock

EDIT. Who's obviously paid far too much here and has no interest in actually playing football. Leech.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=43645.msg1260410#msg1260410 date=1295858069]
[quote author=Avvy link=topic=43645.msg1260221#msg1260221 date=1295821040]

'Mighty Liverpool'

Cant have been watching us for a while.

NOt sure why he's being a dick about it though; lets see if the Mancs or Juventus come back to him with a 1 in front of the 4 million.
[/quote]

I have no problem with Holloway trying to hold on to his prized asset. What I have a problem with is, that out of the 4 clubs who have bid the same amount, he chooses to name us and slag us off.

Name the other lot and deride them too.
[/quote]

Cos we're the club most likely to gt him & the one that Adam has said he wants to come too, singed negotiating indirectly with us. I think it's a good thing.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=43645.msg1260488#msg1260488 date=1295865343]
[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=43645.msg1260410#msg1260410 date=1295858069]

'Mighty Liverpool'

NOt sure why he's being a dick about it though; lets see if the Mancs or Juventus come back to him with a 1 in front of the 4 million.
[/quote]

I have no problem with Holloway trying to hold on to his prized asset. What I have a problem with is, that out of the 4 clubs who have bid the same amount, he chooses to name us and slag us off.

[/quote]

Cos we're the club most likely to gt him & the one that Adam has said he wants to come too, singed negotiating indirectly with us. I think it's a good thing.
[/quote]
I believe that's spot on.

But how good is this Adam bloke?

Apart from looking like a slightly older and less fitter version of Rooney I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he'll actually be a step in the right direction?

He hit a few splendid passes against us and made a few good - albeit cumbersome - runs against us. What is he like then? I need a thorough scouting-report, thank you.

Cheers.

From a Dutch journo;

Ajax will take a quick decision on Suarez to be able to buy a new proper striker this week, if they let him go. So no last-minute deal.

13 minutes ago via web .Skysportsed Received Tweet from @Dylaan_95 claiming Luis Suarez is at Melwood having medical today. No word from #lfc but will bring more if I get it.
about 19 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Retweeted by TotalfootballNL and 20 others .Ryan Babel is keeping Hoffenheim at arm's length to be ready for a return to Ajax as part of a possible Suarez deal.

about 2 hours ago via web .After rejecting a € 15 mln offer, Ajax is now considering € 20 mln by Liverpool for Luis Suarez. Quick decision expected. #lfc #suarez

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=43645.msg1260480#msg1260480 date=1295865034]
[/quote]

HELLO... ;)

[quote author=KHL link=topic=43645.msg1260496#msg1260496 date=1295865840]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=43645.msg1260488#msg1260488 date=1295865343]

'Mighty Liverpool'

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apart from looking like a slightly older and less fitter version of Rooney I haven't seen enough of him to know whether he'll actually be a step in the right direction?

He hit a few splendid passes against us and made a few good - albeit cumbersome - runs against us. What is he like then? I need a thorough scouting-report, thank you.

Cheers.
[/quote]

I think you'll find I provided one in the Adam thread.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=43645.msg1260499#msg1260499 date=1295865904]
[/quote]

HELLO... ;)
[/quote]

And it's on SSN now too.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=43645.msg1260507#msg1260507 date=1295866040]

'Mighty Liverpool'

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers.
[/quote]

I think you'll find I provided one in the Adam thread.
[/quote]
I've found it already. Cheers mate.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=43645.msg1260517#msg1260517 date=1295866372]
Babel is a fucking twat
[/quote]

BAN HIM!

'Mighty Liverpool'

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers.
[/quote]

Highly rated when he was young. Bit of a taste for monster munch & fish suppers.

Great left peg can pass the ball as well as anyone in the English game.

Think of a fat Alonso with a scottish accent.

Would bezan asset to our team, but is he one of these players that shines at "lesser" teams?

Babel has only a few days to survive before the window closes :)

According to the Times Babel is going to be part of the Suarez deal.

Cheers.
[/quote]

He offers unbelievable composure on the ball. I've watched him in really competitive midfield battles, and he always seems to make time and space on the ball. He's a midfielder in the Molby/ Alonso style. I'm not saying he's that class, I'll leave it for him to prove it, but I think he has the confidence and most importantly the technique to play at the highest level. I always liked him at Rangers, and so I followed his progress when he went to Blackpool. It is no exaggeration that he was a different class, pulling MOM performances in most games I caught or read about. I was looking forward to see how he would respond to playing against tougher midfielders in the Prem, but he has surpassed my expectations. A few weeks after Man City gave us a lesson, when they played against them I couldn't believe how much he did. Against a midfield that denied us decent possession in the middle of the park he owned the ball, they couldn't get near him and if Blackpool had finished chances he had created they would have been out of sight.

He is a fantastic direct freekick taker, particularly if the kick is to the right side of the penalty box. He keeps the ball moving, but doesn't just deliver short accurate passes, he feeds the flanks with penetrating passes, and he glides forward into space. His biggest asset is composure, playing the game with his head up, all of the time, and unlike some players, very rarely gets caught in possession whilst scanning for the pass, as Xabi often did in his first seasons here.

On the negatives, he isn't a DM, he won't eat up the ground to make a tackle. If we buy him, I still think we need to buy a player of that ilk. I do think, SG apart, if we bought him we'd have a better midfielder than we currently have on the books, someone capable of delivering quality ammunition to our forwards. I'd also like to think that SG would be going into the box for corners and long fks, where we would have another attacking threat, as Adam's delivery is excellent.

Buy, buy buy!

That's quite a player you are describing there mate.

I'd be delighted to see him wear the Liverpool-shirt if he's even 80% as good as you believe him to be.

*Disclaimer*

- All use of specific percentages in my posts are solely down to random guess-work and has not been neither verified nor ratified by Ryan.

BabaOnos Baba
@rorysmith Rory, can you please confirm or deny that your Liverpool transfer target ratio chances are loosely based on the O'Hare method?

LOL

[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1260570#msg1260570 date=1295868073]
BabaOnos Baba
@rorysmith Rory, can you please confirm or deny that your Liverpool transfer target ratio chances are loosely based on the O'Hare method?
[/quote]
Krump killer! :laugh:

Commolli leaves holland empty handed. Ajax want €35 million euros.

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=43645.msg1260631#msg1260631 date=1295869710]
[/quote]
That's way to steep. Hopefully we've got other candidates lined up then.

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=43645.msg1260631#msg1260631 date=1295869710]
[/quote]

Blimey, he's only just got his luggage off the baggage trolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom