• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange reasoning given that we sold our entire midfield and our oldest midfielder now is 24.... unless we made it clear to him he'd be 2nd / 3rd choice.

Thing is, hes versatile. Can play either wing or AM. He would have got games.

Wonder if the interest was prior to hendo going, so he thought we might be stocked

So he fucked off to Napoli instead. Who knows. He could be our next big money signing if he does well at Napoli.
Not likely unless he has inserted a clause, when Napoli turn down €200m for Victor you know they'll ask for the moon for anyone half decent

No thanks. A lot of trouble. His agents would be angling for a move a year in, for a new commission.

For just these reasons I don't think Klopp would touch the guy with a ten-foot pole. He has wonderful ability but the price for it would be far too high, in every respect.

He isn't a Liverpool type of player attitude wise it seems
Why do fans nowadays always look for reasons why a player might not be the right fit or type of player? I find it bizarre.

Whether it’s someone’s attitude, injury record, lack of game time (Grav), yet to play at a top club despite older than a certain age we’d normally go for (Endo), wages being too high (Jude) etc

Going back to Mbappe, the guy’s taken his country to back to back World Cup finals, almost single handedly winning both on his own….you don’t do that if you don’t have the right attitude, don’t mistaken a player knowing the value he carries as a player who carries unwanted baggage.

Why do fans nowadays always look for reasons why a player might not be the right fit or type of player? I find it bizarre.

Whether it’s someone’s attitude, injury record, lack of game time (Grav), yet to play at a top club despite older than a certain age we’d normally go for (Endo), wages being too high (Jude) etc

Going back to Mbappe, the guy’s taken his country to back to back World Cup finals, almost single handedly winning both on his own….you don’t do that if you don’t have the right attitude, don’t mistaken a player knowing the value he carries as a player who carries unwanted baggage.

I think not liking the cunt isnt exactly a modern phenomenon.

Players know that performing great for their country makes them nearly immortal in the eyes of their fellow citizens, he gives his all for France. However, I think his presence would be a problem to our whole operating model regardless of how well he does on the pitch. Having the right players with the right attitude is not something to take lightly, there was a period in LFC's history in the 90's where the talent in our team was good enough to win PL's etc.. but because they were such fucking dickheads - we won fuck all.

he's been great for France. no argument, but he and his entourage's head-games /antics with PSG are what folks would be concerned about.

he's been great for France. no argument, but he and his entourage's head-games /antics with PSG are what folks would be concerned about.
But why in these instances are people so quick to make the player out as the villain, always the player? Are people forgetting who owns PSG? By no means saints are they….Didn’t this all start when Mbappe was asked why PSG fail in the CL every time and he was openly honest as to why? What’s the harm in that, it’s actually refreshing to hear every now and then.

Players know that performing great for their country makes them nearly immortal in the eyes of their fellow citizens, he gives his all for France. However, I think his presence would be a problem to our whole operating model regardless of how well he does on the pitch. Having the right players with the right attitude is not something to take lightly, there was a period in LFC's history in the 90's where the talent in our team was good enough to win PL's etc.. but because they were such fucking dickheads - we won fuck all.

Problem to our model in what sense, that his name’s Mbappe? He’s just like any other player who wants to kick on with their career only he’s twice as ambitious. Nothing wrong with that, he’s a winner and you can never have enough of those in your squad.

Of course it’s important to have the right attitude together blended in with the type of character you are but with the environment we’ve created and set at the club already it makes it easier for someone who maybe wouldn’t fight as much in training for example, they’ll see the energy and work others and putting in and it’ll transcend. Szobo talks about the intensity which leads me to believe he got away with things at Leipzig he wouldn’t do here because of the environment he was in before allowed him to…same maybe goes for Endo and Grav. That’s what I believe.

But why in these instances are people so quick to make the player out as the villain, always the player? Are people forgetting who owns PSG? By no means saints are they….Didn’t this all start when Mbappe was asked why PSG fail in the CL every time and he was openly honest as to why? What’s the harm in that, it’s actually refreshing to hear every now and then.

It's not so much about the owners, as the ongoing drama, the constant on again off again transfer drama just to get more $, and the appearance at least of too much power in one players camp. Maybe there's nothing to all the paper talk and he's a choir boy who watches Dallas and Dynasty for his kicks.

So since our February turnaround, we’ve played 22 games and got 48 points out of 66. Two defeats in 22 games. Great basis to work off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom