• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Silly Season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Coric signs I think Coutinho would leave. Im not in favour

Other than that I think we have done an amazing job.
Obviously dependant on these players not being shite.
Im sure ive sat as we entered a new season lauding our business for them all to turn out to be spastics once or twice in the past.

Karius
Matip
Grujic
Mane
Klavan
Wijnaldum
On paper looks a really strong summer of ins so far.
I too really like what we've done so far - though as always I'm sure at least one will flop. That aside I really want to see us concentrate on a LB replacement for Moreno and a more defensive minded midfielder (he doesn't have to be an out and out DM as I doubt Klopp would go for that). 2 more players to fill those slots - and selling those players excess to requirement - will be a superb transfer window for very little outlay.

Ragnar is supposed to be able to play LB as well but I just looked at his last four seasons on Transfermarkt and he played there once.

Is this in addition too or included in the transfer fee ?

No idea about that. One or two sources imply that this is in addition to the transfer fee. It will cost Utd 100 + and additional 18 for Pogba.

There are also some rumors that Raiola and Mendes are working together. Which explains why when Mendes's number one client becomes manager at Man Utd, suddenly Man Utd are buying three Raiola clients.

Im sure ive sat as we entered a new season lauding our business for them all to turn out to be spastics once or twice in the past.

Karius
Matip
Grujic
Mane
Klavan
Wijnaldum

Has there been a summer when you haven't said that?

Liverpool fans have been saying it since about 1992.

The Babb/Scales final piece in the Jigsaw one was the best I remember. We had a brilliant attack, all we needed was a quality defence. And they were the ones appaz.

Liverpool fans have been saying it since about 1992.

The Babb/Scales final piece in the Jigsaw one was the best I remember. We had a brilliant attack, all we needed was a quality defence. And they were the ones appaz.

Scales was a good player. Babb.....ehm......he was quick and had a good world cup!

Those two were both record transfer fees for defenders, I think. We broke our own record with Babb after we signed Scales. Or was it the other way around?

Anyway, we've had so many "last pieces of the jigsaw" it's almost become amusing to count them all up. Following those two we had Paul Ince.

Scales was a good player. Babb.....ehm......he was quick and had a good world cup!

Those two were both record transfer fees for defenders, I think. We broke our own record with Babb after we signed Scales. Or was it the other way around?

Anyway, we've had so many "last pieces of the jigsaw" it's almost become amusing to count them all up. Following those two we had Paul Ince.

Scales wasn't bad yeah. Me Mum fucking loved him. He used to go in the shop she worked in and talk to her for about 5 mins each week. I think she just wanted his cock but she proper loved him like.

The Summer we signed Karl-Heinz Riedle, I remember people saying it then too. FINAL PIECE.

He had the good fortune of having Paul Mcgrath standing beside him who was heroic in that Italian game. I'm not saying he conned a career for himself but Mcgrath certainly made him look good in that World Cup.

How did Babb do for us again? I can't remember too much of him bar his collision with the post in the Chelsea game.

He had the good fortune of having Paul Mcgrath standing beside him who was heroic in that Italian game. I'm not saying he conned a career for himself but Mcgrath certainly made him look good in that World Cup.

How did Babb do for us again? I can't remember too much of him bar his collision with the post in the Chelsea game.

Exactly. If thats all you remember, then you dont need us to answer that question Davey Boy Smith.

Scales wasn't bad yeah. Me Mum fucking loved him. He used to go in the shop she worked in and talk to her for about 5 mins each week. I think she just wanted his cock but she proper loved him like.

The Summer we signed Karl-Heinz Riedle, I remember people saying it then too. FINAL PIECE.

Harsh thing to say about @Fabio's mum.

I think we could create a FINAL PIECE 11

Riedle and Keane upfront
Kewell on the wings
Ince in the midfield

From Binny's thread:

[article]Barcelona says it has agreed to transfer Croatian midfielder Alen Halilovic to German club Hamburg.

Barcelona says Hamburg has agreed to pay five million euros ($5.5 million) for the 20-year-old Halilovic.

The Spanish champions say the transfer includes a buyback option that is valid for two years, at a transfer fee of 10 million euros ($11 million).[/article]

Good move for him - but I wonder if he just hasn't pushed on ...

Steve Walsh has left Leicester and joined Everton to work above Koeman as Director of Football.

At what point do we start getting worried? New owner, capable manager, brilliant director of football. If they announce new stadium plans, I'm getting freaked.

Steve Walsh has left Leicester and joined Everton to work above Koeman as Director of Football.

At what point do we start getting worried? New owner, capable manager, brilliant director of football. If they announce new stadium plans, I'm getting freaked.

I'm not worried - we will win the league before I turn 60 inshallah.

It's Everton

Yep. They seem to struggle to get any players at this stage.
I'm not worried about they making a Leicester scout getting a Director of football job at Everton

Given that the signings he made won them the title, I'd have preferred them to have got knocked back when they went in for him. I definitely think they're going to be stronger for the changes they've made. That said, as others have indicated this is Everton we're talking about, so they'll only get so far.

Karius
Matip
Grujic
Mane
Klavan
Wijnaldum
Time for your 2016/17 DA rally call?

Has there been a summer when you haven't said that?
Im an optimist for sure. Cant deny that.
I wasnt overly happy with last summers business I dont believe, mostly because I was not keen on Benteke. That aside probably Roys Konchesky, Poulsen, Jovanovic debacle.

Most summers yeah I try and see the positives.
Im probably being my usual blinkered self, but this does feel like its really dotting the T's and crossing the I's though.

Pace yep
Goals yep
Keeper yep
Shore up a pissweak defence yep
Strength in the middle yep

And that added to a team that wasnt that bad already. Our cup runs saw us tail off in the league last year but we have a decent team that on its day looked good.

Like I said, still really would like to see a forward and a better LB but what we have done with 6 weeks of the window left is very positive. And as someone else has pointed out, I dont see any players who we are scratching our head about. They make sense.
And Wijnaldum and Mane are really good footballers. They are exciting signings and if they came from Porto and Sevilla everyone would be spaffing up the walls.

Amavi (to my knowledge) has yet to play this pre-season. He's trained, but not played in a friendly. Wondering if we might be waiting to see him play once or twice before moving on him. Whatever the case it's painfully obvious we need to upgrade at LB.

105 mill £ for Pogba appaz. Insane. The money being spent is absolutly hilarious.
At least 40 mill to much.
Yeah sure but he's bloody good. Even a cricket loving numpty like myself can see that. Annoying but funny at the same time. I bet Fergie is just lovin this deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom