• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team of 2000s

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Popped up on my FB feed ...
Agree with front everything bar Coutinho ...
Feel it should be Didi or Fabinho instead.
What a fucking team ...

289685670_795340721847758_5945146643968482108_n.jpg

Neither Carragher nor Sami had any pace at all. Brilliant defenders for a different time. There's no question Hyppia is better, objectively. I don't think that the midfield makes sense in that team either. Masher for Coutinho is right.

Also, that young Gerrard? He's playing RB for Klopp, where he'd have more freedom.

That midfield needs a bit more steel. Fabinho/Mascher for Coutinho.

Which leaves the problem that Alonso was never a "number 8", he always played the deepest lying midfielder. So a switch to 4-2-3-1.

Popped up on my FB feed ...
Agree with front everything bar Coutinho ...
Feel it should be Didi or Fabinho instead.
What a fucking team ...

My team:

Alisson

Trent
Van Dijk
Matip
Robbo ( probably my easiest decision)

Fabinho
Alonso
Gerrard

Mane
Suarez
Salah

Tough calls:

Hyypia for Matip (interchangeable imo)
Mascherano for Fabinho ( The way he left and the fact that Fabinho has been more successful with us and stayed longer)
Thiago for Alonso ( purely because Thiago is a sexy ass footballer)

Before anyone says anything let me also just add that Torres ain't got shit on Suarez.

Torres should be in there for Mane.

I'd probably have Mascherano instead of Coutinho.

Tbh I'd probably have Matip ahead of Carra as well.

I don't think anyone could genuinely believe carra should be there. Obviously great servant to the club, but he's probably not in the top 5 defenders we've had since 2000.

Who else you having ahead of him? Serious question.

Obviously Van Dijk. Hyypia was a better defender, but as others have said longevity, passion, scouse connection. Matip maybe on ability? Then who else? Carragher was a lot better than Skrtel, Agger etc.

As for everything else, yeah, probably Mascherano or Fabinho for Coutinho. I'd be tempted to squeeze Torres in somewhere, but I don't think you can. Everything else speaks for itself.

Sami ahead of Carra.
Mascher or Fabinho ahead of Coutinho.
Torres...cannot really fit him in there.

As for everything else, yeah, probably Mascherano or Fabinho for Coutinho. I'd be tempted to squeeze Torres in somewhere, but I don't think you can. Everything else speaks for itself.

TBF he does make the top 5, just. For me the organisational unit weve has the last few years probably colours it for me, but I'd have van dijk, Sami, matip and joemez solely for the year we won it. He was imperious that season.

Carragher was great for us, but it was solely down to his style of play and scouseness. He couldn't read play, wasn't aerially dominant, and his passing range was shite. He was just a workhorse who constantly worked his bollocks off for the team.

Give it another year and I think ibou will be above him

Torres would go in the middle and Suarez on the left.

Torres has to be in there. He was phenomenal.

Now, I know they're different types of players, but if you're shoehorning Torres in, I feel it's unfair to sturridge. At his peak sturridge was fucking magic.

Personally, it's mane Suarez and Salah, however

Hyppia played n the left side of central defence - so it’s him or Van Dijk for that role and Virgil gets it.

Carragher, probably for the other CB - would have been nice to see how Klopp managed him - he’d probably have been given a little more scope to push forward.

If you accept that team as it is, think of the bench - Reina, Hypia, Aurelio, Hamman, Mascherano, Fabinho, Thiago, Torres, Sturridge, Owen, Firmino, Diaz (even though he’s only been here for 5 minutes)… even Kuyt should get a bit of love and I have soft spots for Maxi Rodriguez & Benayoun.

Now, I know they're different types of players, but if you're shoehorning Torres in, I feel it's unfair to sturridge. At his peak sturridge was fucking magic.

Personally, it's mane Suarez and Salah, however

I actually did try to get Sturridge in there too, cos he was brilliant too.

For me Torres was just a bit better.

Also, I don't really feel like I'm having to shoehorn him in the. Suarez is well suited to playing on the left, and I'm pretty sure he did at other clubs?

I actually did try to get Sturridge in there too, cos he was brilliant too.

For me Torres was just a bit better.

Also, I don't really feel like I'm having to shoehorn him in the. Suarez is well suited to playing on the left, and I'm pretty sure he did at other clubs?

For me it comes down to mane or Torres. For me it's mane, so Suarez goes central

Perhaps it's a matter of style as much as anything. IMO Torres and Suarez are easily the 2 most exciting attackers I've seen for us, and Torres was easily the most elegant/beautiful.

Mane and Salah obviously did great things but they never really thrilled me like those 2 did.

My team:

Alisson

Trent
Van Dijk
Matip
Robbo ( probably my easiest decision)

Fabinho
Alonso
Gerrard

Mane
Suarez
Salah

Tough calls:

Hyypia for Matip (interchangeable imo)
Mascherano for Fabinho ( The way he left and the fact that Fabinho has been more successful with us and stayed longer)
Thiago for Alonso ( purely because Thiago is a sexy ass footballer)

Before anyone says anything let me also just add that Torres ain't got shit on Suarez.

If Thiago was Captain America, Xabi would be Galactus who eats Thiagos for cereals.

Only someone like Xabi is fitting enough to stand alongside our Captain Marvel in the hall of fame.

The best Thiago can hope for may be SHIELD or the Avengers backup team. Or summat like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom