• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

That old cunt up the road..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
No, not Asbo ;) I'm talking about Ferguson.

This is kind of a follow on from the "Kevin Friend" thread as well as merging a few of my own meandering thoughts. Ever since Ferguson came out with his Suarez comments, there has been a remarkably noticeable reluctance to give Suarez ANYTHING, with the media getting involved and the whole thing is snowballing.

Now how can this horrible old twat have such an influence? Why is there so much fear surrounding him with regards to the FA, media and referees? Why do they pander to him and how can he consistently get away with it? I could understand if he was some sort of mafioso, but he's a senile old fart from Glasgow.

I can't believe the BBC pussy footed around him when he boycotted them. And now they're brown nosing him again.

Kenny should turn into a twat and pile pressure on all parties. Bellamy should have gone down under contact from Dempsey last night. I'm happy Suarez is a cunt. It's about time we had some cunts, and it's about time we started getting involved in gamesmanship ourselves. We're too nice and we're a soft touch.

I believe this could be an example of a meme. And I'm not talking about the internet version of memes where jokes about cats asking for 'cheezeburgers' are spread around. A meme as in an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture. Ferguson has started this particular meme and it's spreading like a virus.

Edit: Here is the definition from wikipedia, I think it sums it up nicely.

A meme ( /?mi?m/[1]) is "an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture."[2] A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols or practices, which can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals or other imitable phenomena. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate and respond to selective pressures.[3]

The meme being that Suarez is a diver? So Ferguson says it and everyone believes it to be true, which results in referees discriminating against him? Is that what you mean?

I get that, but why does he have so much influence to the point where everyone wants to keep him happy? To the point where referees of matches where his team are NOT FUCKING INVOLVED are still being influenced by Ferguson's actions. Why is it allowed?

Yeah, Ferguson has planted the idea that he is a cheat and it's taken hold. It's gotten to the stage where he is getting treated differently to other players. Contrast this to EBJT who gets treated like a hero.

As for why does everyone want to keep him happy, I think it's because he is a successful bully. The same way people like to keep dictators happy.

[quote author=athensruairi link=topic=47811.msg1438972#msg1438972 date=1323165285]
As for why does everyone want to keep him happy, I think it's because he is a successful bully. The same way people like to keep dictators happy.
[/quote]

Dictators have power. There are no consequences to not catering to Ferguson's tantrums.

He won't talk to them hal and he does hold some power. He controls millions of mancs who will boycott sky at his whim .

Also I still think its shady that united have someone on the board of the FA

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47811.msg1438975#msg1438975 date=1323165484]
[quote author=athensruairi link=topic=47811.msg1438972#msg1438972 date=1323165285]
[/quote]

Dictators have power. There are no consequences to not catering to Ferguson's tantrums.
[/quote]
Ultimately dictators have power because of the way they influence people. Ferguson seems to influence lots of people and we've seen what happens to people who cross him.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47811.msg1438981#msg1438981 date=1323165795]
He won't talk to them hal and he does hold some power. He controls millions of mancs who will boycott sky at his whim .

Also I still think its shady that united have someone on the board of the FA
[/quote]

Then fine him for not talking to Sky. It's in his contractual obligations. They wouldn't boycott Sky, they wouldn't stop watching the games. And Man Utd need Sky just as much as Sky need them.

Yeah, but didn't Arsenal have someone on there too? And Trevor Brooking when he was at West Ham? They didn't go around bullying everyone.

The media highlight it as we live in a tabloid society where controversy sells .

Fergiegimp 'gets away with it' because, like it or not , he's won fuck loads of trophies and is in charge of a huge club with a large fan base.

I urge Kenny to be a senile old twat then since he's won loads of things and we have a huge fanbase that will boycott Sky at his whim.

He won't though. He's like the anti-Ferguson.

Oh and the media continue with this Suarez thing because he keeps giving them ammunition ...i'm not saying he's a diver or a cheat , no more than lots of players , but he does play for fouls against him . If he didn't for a few weeks it would all be forgotten .

I don't think success is the reason why Ferguson gets away with his appalling behaviour. As others have done in this thread, I put that down to the fact that he's a bully and has got most of football sucking up to him - has had for years. Shanks (on whom Ferguson has consciously modelled himself all along) knew the importance of getting a psychological hold on your competitors and was very good at it. The difference between the two is that Shanks did it with style and humour, while Ferguson has about as much style and humour as a hippo with the piles.

Well, we should go on the counter-attack, as Rafa had the courage to do but perhaps with a bit more nous. We should start reminding people that Nani dives more often than Rebecca feckin Adlington, and we should take every opportunity we get (Kenny's done it once or twice in a jokey way) to draw attention to Ginsoak's media boycotts. Plant a seed or two and let them grow.

And we should let Suarez be Suarez. Though a bit of work on his finishing wouldn't go amiss.

Agreed, but it's not going to carry any weight unless we start winning.

Otherwise it'll just be called sour grapes, which was exactly what happened when Rafa did it, even though he was 100% right to call out Ginsoak on the shit he did.

He's defo a marked man.

I think to blame fergie for it is a tad ridiculous though. It doesn't a degree in premier league football theatrics to know he goes down to ground more often than an undertakers shovel.

'Boy who cried wolf' and all that, the ref gave him nothing last night. Although, he didn't give anyone else a break,giving some ridiculously weak freekicks away.

Avvy - we had this discussion back then, and I still don't altogether agree with you. For sure we need to start winning more, but I remain of the view that we need to get going on the rest of it right away, precisely because it will help the process of getting back ahead of them. Ferguson did when he and his team were still a nowhere outfit.

Hardcastle - strongly disagree. You're falling for the Ferguson onslaught. Suarez does it no more than loads of other Premiership strikers. The idea that he's out on his own with it is bollocks of the first order.

Nobody had anything to say on the matter until Ferguson piped up, HC.

I'm not falling for anything - Its always been perfectly evident to anyone that's seen suarez for liverpool that he's prone to going down easily.

He's never exactly had It easy from referees, ill give you that fergie possibly highlighted it but to say that refs et al were oblivious to his behaviour is daft and unfair on them. He cheated in probably one of the most televised football matches of the year in 2010 - that certainly plants the seed, more so than anything fergie says.

I'd like anyone to show me a prem player who does it as well/ as much as suarez.

You mentioned nani and despite having his moments.

All of the above is part of my lack of ever understanding this view that fergie has a stranglehold on the sport - any bias towards utd I've always attributed more so to their dominance since the dawning of sky and the premier league than anything fergie could say.

Yeah he's a twat and a lot of other things but I don't think he's responsible for this. Hal, it doesn't exactly get great coverage anyway?

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=47811.msg1438999#msg1438999 date=1323166927]
I don't think success is the reason why Ferguson gets away with his appalling behaviour. As others have done in this thread, I put that down to the fact that he's a bully and has got most of football sucking up to him - has had for years. Shanks (on whom Ferguson has consciously modelled himself all along) knew the importance of getting a psychological hold on your competitors and was very good at it. The difference between the two is that Shanks did it with style and humour, while Ferguson has about as much style and humour as a hippo with the piles.

Well, we should go on the counter-attack, as Rafa had the courage to do but perhaps with a bit more nous. We should start reminding people that Nani dives more often than Rebecca feckin Adlington, and we should take every opportunity we get (Kenny's done it once or twice in a jokey way) to draw attention to Ginsoak's media boycotts. Plant a seed or two and let them grow.

And we should let Suarez be Suarez. Though a bit of work on his finishing wouldn't go amiss.
[/quote]

Yeah but the point is why does he 'get away with it' . And there is no other reason than he is successful and in charge of a big club for a very , very long time . Yer man at the bitters has been there for ages also but nobody listens to him cause they're a shit club who win fuck all. Success brings power and influence , success generates money .

Anyway the best way to shut the fucker up is to beat him , then who cares what he says .

I don't believe in the idea that anyone 'goes down too easily'. It's a witless phrase. You're either fouled or you're not fouled. How you 'go down' is entirely irrelevant. I saw that idiot Friend last night telling Suarez, 'Stay of your feet'. What the hell does it have to do with him? Does he think he's a coach? His job is to judge whether something is a legitimate tackle, a foul, an accident or simulation. That's all. Whether a player goes down 'easily' or 'with great difficulty or reluctance' is neither here nor there. (And idiots like Martin Tyler need to be reminded they're there to commentate, not pander to this nonsense: yesterday, for example, Suarez was smacked in the mouth, and Tyler laughed, 'Ha! Suarez was holding his mouth but now that the action has resumed he's stopped!' That's called professionalism, Tyler, you dolt. The camera later showed Suarez again rubbing his mouth, in close up, and of course Tyler ignored it because it blatantly contradicted his 'cheat' theme.)

HC and Red Zep - nobody's disputing that Suarez goes down easily at times, but the point remains that he does it no more than lots of other players. I specified Nani - who is at least as bad as Suarez, if not worse - because he plays for Ferguson's team, but I could also have mentioned Hernandez and Young just from that one team, Johnson from last night's opponents, Defoe (when he plays) for Tottenham, Drogba - the list goes on. Nor is anyone (other than HC maybe) saying referees were "oblivious" to Suarez' behaviour before, but the particular spotlight on him now is, as Hal pointed out, the direct result of that old sod in Manchester flapping his gums in the media about it. For sure the best way to shut him up is to beat him, but part of making that happen is going to involve not letting him get clean away with that kind of sh!te any more.

If you don't think Ferguson has a bully's mental hold on the game, perhaps you could suggest an alternative explanation why he's never been punished for *years* of breaking the rules over media interviews, or why the League Managers' Association were all lining up to kiss his ring when Rafa had a pop at him.

suarez dives in every game ive seen, ther isnt some big conspiracy, jesus its turnin into rawk around here

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=47811.msg1439034#msg1439034 date=1323170085]
HC and Red Zep - nobody's disputing that Suarez goes down easily at times, but the point remains that he does it no more than lots of other players. I specified Nani - who is at least as bad as Suarez, if not worse - because he plays for Ferguson's team, but I could also have mentioned Hernandez and Young just from that one team, Johnson from last night's opponents, Defoe (when he plays) for Tottenham, Drogba - the list goes on. Nor is anyone (other than HC maybe) saying referees were "oblivious" to Suarez' behaviour before, but the particular spotlight on him now is, as Hal pointed out, the direct result of that old sod in Manchester flapping his gums in the media about it. For sure the best way to shut him up is to beat him, but part of making that happen is going to involve not letting him get clean away with that kind of sh!te any more.

If you don't think Ferguson has a bully's mental hold on the game, perhaps you could suggest an alternative explanation why he's never been punished for *years* of breaking the rules over media interviews, or why the League Managers' Association were all lining up to kiss his ring when Rafa had a pop at him.
[/quote]

[quote author=Lewy link=topic=47811.msg1439040#msg1439040 date=1323170835]
suarez dives in every game ive seen, ther isnt some big conspiracy, jesus its turnin into rawk around here
[/quote]

This.

First he goes down 'too easily', now he 'dives'. This isn't getting like RAWK, more like RedCafe.

If anybody is disputing the fact that Suarez at best bends the rules or at worst is a blatant cheat then you really need your head examining.

If referees were good at their job players wouldn't need to go down to highlight they've been fouled

HC, it gets loads of coverage since Ferguson brought it up. As GK said Tyler comments on it in every game now and virtually called him a cheat numerous times last night.

People used to just speak of his ability. Now it's his diving (which he does).

He doesn't get any protection at all from referees. See the game against Manchester City where he was kicked from pillar to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom