• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The Normal One" - It's Been 5 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s delivered everything we asked for 5 years ago.

What happens next is just a bonus

Jurgen Klopp's first match as manager of Liverpool @ White Hart Lane
Liverpool-manager-Jurgen-Klopp-at-White-Hart-Lane.jpg

How? At what point wasn't he at least doing a pretty good job?

Oh, maybe early on in 17/18? Must have been then?
This. I can't remember a period under Klopp where I felt we weren't on the correct trajectory despite periods of frustration.

Simply looking at that squad from 2015 and comparing to now is mind-blowing. Meanwhile do the same with Arsenal , Utd, Spurs, even Chelsea etc and its pretty much like for like. We've grown tremendously whilst the others have tread water (at best) in most cases.

This. I can't remember a period under Klopp where I felt we weren't on the correct trajectory despite periods of frustration.

Simply looking at that squad from 2015 and comparing to now is mind-blowing. Meanwhile do the same with Arsenal , Utd, Spurs, even Chelsea etc and its pretty much like for like. We've grown tremendously whilst the others have tread water (at best) in most cases.

We did have a dodgy start that year tbf. Not terrible but it was definitely disappointing.

And I remember being really pissed off about missing out on Van Dijk and thinking how crazy we were for not just switching targets.

Yeah, crazy...

Ha, snap!

"What, VVD is the only defender in world football that can improve us?"..

Turns out he kinda was.

Yeah, I recall those arguments at the time. It's a rare thing that I remember the exact moment and where I was when I saw the news that we've missed out on Van Dijk... I always thought he was the one player we needed and it felt like a body blow. That decision to weather the "tapping-up" storm, swallow our pride and go back for him in January truly changed football history.

It does feel like for whatever reason we are not going to capitalize on what we’ve built properly but that aside yeah, we couldn’t have hoped for more.

He’s been the best thing to happen to this club in a long long time.

Best thing since Bob.

How long do you all reckon the ‘thanks for the titles, now piss off pls’ statements will start to surface ? Seeing how we’re the world’s best fans and all that...

Happened to GH and Rafa so......

Suárez, Torres, Mascherano, Owen and Fowler were rubbish too

Suarez = lots of goals
Torres = lots of goals
Mascherano = scored once and sent off more a fair few man of the match awards
Owen = lots of goals super cup, UEFA cup, FA cup, 2x league cups
Fowler = same as Owen

Lucas = shit

Suarez = lots of goals
Torres = lots of goals
Mascherano = scored once and sent off more a fair few man of the match awards
Owen = lots of goals super cup, UEFA cup, FA cup, 2x league cups
Fowler = same as Owen

Lucas = shit

How could you forget all the memorable barbecues Lucas put on? Selective memory at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom