• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The penny's just dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Just watching a vid of Juergen fist pumping in front of the Kop and it suddenly dawned on me what an absolute void we will have when he moves on.

Nearly had me in tears!

He's a brilliant manager, he's likeable, he's fucking immense as a leader and he really, really get us.

This penny dropped a while ago for me. When he goes, if we don’t get massive investment and a top new manager, it’s mid table mediocrity for years.

How many years has Klopp left on his contreact ? If Fabinho, was sold for 40M being in the state he was, then Klopp is like our fucking Mbappe....if saudi want him then I want nothing short of half a billion GBP.

If Saudi offer us £50m we should cash in whilst we can, won't ever get a better off.

The scouting department better be looking at signing dogs that are illegal in Saudi for the Klopp household!!!

The scouting department better be looking at signing dogs that are illegal in Saudi for the Klopp household!!!
I'm told Klopp uses a private jet to fly back to Germany so he can take his dog with him in the cabin.
No idea if it's an illegal breed in Saudi though. Hope so.

Yes, he gets Liverpool.

Right from the start it was obvious. Who remembers one of his first home games (WBA, was it?), a 2-2 home draw I think, nothing special, and at the end he got the players to walk around the ground acknowledging the fans? Remember how some thought he was crazy for doing that, celebrating a 2-2 draw as if they had won the title. Some people did not understand it, did they?

He wanted the players, staff, and fans to re-engage with each other. He knew, just as Bill Shankly once knew, that without each other, we are less than. He knows this, he gets it, he gets Liverpool. He's brought everyone back together and the results speak for themselves over the last few years. Together we are more

YNWA

Just watching a vid of Juergen fist pumping in front of the Kop and it suddenly dawned on me what an absolute void we will have when he moves on.

Nearly had me in tears!

He's a brilliant manager, he's likeable, he's fucking immense as a leader and he really, really get us.
He was made to manage Liverpool. His successor is on a hiding to nothing.

We're all assuming FSG will stick around after Klopp. Once the Goose (Klopp) stops laying Golden Eggs (ie leaves). FSG will leave too. Their model is unsustainable without a generational manager.
The only manager I can think of that potentially could replicate Klopp's success with tight fisted owners is Inzhaghi

I've long since accepted that we're fucked after Klopp.

That's why it so frustrating that we've not maximised his time here. Had he been backed just a little bit more, I think there is every chance we'd have won one or two more big trophies.

Ah well.

I've long since accepted that we're fucked after Klopp.

That's why it so frustrating that we've not maximised his time here. Had he been backed just a little bit more, I think there is every chance we'd have won one or two more big trophies.

Ah well.

Exactly how I feel. We'll be in the wilderness for at least a couple seasons before righting the ship after he leaves.

We should have put everything into maximizing the trophy case while he's here.

We're all assuming FSG will stick around after Klopp. Once the Goose (Klopp) stops laying Golden Eggs (ie leaves). FSG will leave too. Their model is unsustainable without a generational manager.
The only manager I can think of that potentially could replicate Klopp's success with tight fisted owners is Inzhaghi

He's not even the best Inzaghi in the family

Lets hope he wants to extend his contract past 2026. That energy he's showing this pre season and the will to put it right after last season might make him extend the contract. Lets hope so, as anyone coming in after him will have insane boots to fill and most likely fail.

Anyone remember Nuri Şahin? If the scuttlebutt is right, he may have played a part in Jürgen coming here. He played for Jürgen at Dortmund and palled up with Jürgen's sons during his time there. By the time he arrived here on loan from Madrid the Klopp lads were old enough to travel on their own, and it's said that Şahin invited them over for a holiday and took them to a game at Anfield while they were here. Appaz they lapped it up and raved about the experience to their dad when they got home, which is when LFC first came properly on to his radar. I have no way of corroborating this but I'd love to think it's true.

Anyone remember Nuri Şahin? If the scuttlebutt is right, he may have played a part in Jürgen coming here. He played for Jürgen at Dortmund and palled up with Jürgen's sons during his time there. By the time he arrived here on loan from Madrid the Klopp lads were old enough to travel on their own, and it's said that Şahin invited them over for a holiday and took them to a game at Anfield while they were here. Appaz they lapped it up and raved about the experience to their dad when they got home, which is when LFC first came properly on to his radar. I have no way of corroborating this but I'd love to think it's true.

About the only contribution Şahin made while here. But, if true, absolute club legend.

I tend more towards @localny 's view on Şahin TBH. I thought Şahin had a promising start and was surprised when it petered out the way it did. Rodgers did some good work during his time with us but he had no clue how to use Bobby Firmino for example (picked out wide if he got picked at all) and I remember it being widely reported that people at Dortmund were amazed at his misuse of Şahin too.

Not at EPL level, no. I might have said "not at LFC level" but I know one or two Leicester fans who would broaden that out, and they're in a position to know.

Not at EPL level, no. I might have said "not at LFC level" but I know one or two Leicester fans who would broaden that out, and they're in a position to know.
I think he'd work well as a team coach or assistant manager because he usually does well initially before fucking up his teams with shit transfers and desperate decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom