• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Rubans other games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes Anderson Arroyo & Marcelo Pitaluga sad.
Who? Are we just making up names now.

Players who can actually come in straight away and gel with the squad, not some duds that hang about for years in the reserves and never see again.

Who? Are we just making up names now.

Players who can actually come in straight away and gel with the squad, not some duds that hang about for years in the reserves and never see again.

I see, so you’re factually wrong, but if you just clarify what you said to mean “we haven’t signed anyone from South America in 16 years… apart from the players we did sign from South America in the last 16 years”.

Good chance Pitaluga replaces Alisson in a few years time.

Arroyo… yeah… no work permit - he’s probably part of the reason we steered clear of South Americans.

You also missed out Coates & Allan who we signing from South America in the last 16 years.

So…. There’s probably a reason why we’d avoided buying direct… they’ve all been shit.

You also missed out Coates & Allan who we signing from South America in the last 16 years.

So…. There’s probably a reason why we’d avoided buying direct… they’ve all been shit.
I’ll accept Coates tbf. So 1 player signed in the last 15 years.

Yet the rest of the league can find players from there who turn into mega stars within about a month. Nice one LFC.

Good chance Pitaluga replaces Alisson in a few years time.

Arroyo… yeah… no work permit - he’s probably part of the reason we steered clear of South Americans.

Pitaluga replaces Alisson in a few years based on what? Both Alisson and Kelleher going somewhere? Is Alisson gonna tuen into Karius in the time we look to get rid?

Arroyo nobody would even recognise him if he walked past you and nobody cares about signings who are never seen in the first team.

Pitaluga replaces Alisson in a few years based on what? Both Alisson and Kelleher going somewhere? Is Alisson gonna tuen into Karius in the time we look to get rid?

Arroyo nobody would even recognise him if he walked past you and nobody cares about signings who are never seen in the first team.

So basically… I’m Oli the VAR tech trying to tell you that you were wrong and you’re Darren England trying to ignore the fact you were wrong and push on :D

I agree that our recruitment from S America hasn’t been good.

Yeah, its daft to say we don't sign fro msouth america. We just don't sign successfully from south america

The weakness in the CL currently makes me want to vomit. Other than Real it feels like every decent side across Europe is a shadow of its former self, wouldn’t be surprised if City win a couple now.

Barca, Bayern, PSG, all Italian sides, all off the boil at best.

Danny Kelly said last week final this season would have been City v LFC if we had been in it. Bayern and PSG look weak.

Yeah, its daft to say we don't sign fro msouth america. We just don't sign successfully from south america

Since Klopp came who have we signed? We've not even taken a peak in the market.

Why weren't we in for Alvaraz? Apparently Enzo was offered to us for 15m, Alan Varela went to Porto (keep an eye on that 1, for sure leaving in a few years for 50m+) Danilo, Joao Gomes, Endrick, Paez, Caicedo....all these guys we let slip because we're not in the market.

Danny Kelly said last week final this season would have been City v LFC if we had been in it. Bayern and PSG look weak.

Yup Madrid are the only other team with a say, Barca struggling to best our usual whipping boys Porto

Since Klopp came who have we signed? We've not even taken a peak in the market.

Why weren't we in for Alvaraz? Apparently Enzo was offered to us for 15m, Alan Varela went to Porto (keep an eye on that 1, for sure leaving in a few years for 50m+) Danilo, Joao Gomes, Endrick, Paez, Caicedo....all these guys we let slip because we're not in the market.

Isn’t obvious?

When we have dipped into signing direct from S America it’s been a disaster - so we tend to wait until players settle in Europe.

Most South Americans prefer Spain or Portugal - I’m sure you can figure out why.

Also - em we aren’t going to give the youngest players the game time to develop that “smaller” clubs will - Danilo & Jao Gomes would barely get on our bench.

Besides - what does it matter if we pick up South American players after they’ve spent a season or two in Europe?

Isn’t obvious?

When we have dipped into signing direct from S America it’s been a disaster - so we tend to wait until players settle in Europe.

Most South Americans prefer Spain or Portugal - I’m sure you can figure out why.

Also - em we aren’t going to give the youngest players the game time to develop that “smaller” clubs will - Danilo & Jao Gomes would barely get on our bench.

Besides - what does it matter if we pick up South American players after they’ve spent a season or two in Europe?

Have to agree with every point. Also - I don't rate the levels of South American football like I used to 5 to 6 years ago. It's a massive risk.

Fabinho, Allisson, Darwin

Didn’t really think that hard about it :D

No complaints about any of those and I don’t think we overpaid for any of them or were likely to sign them at a younger age - they all benefited from playing a few seasons in Europe before we came in for them.

So pretty much only every south american in the squad then, Diaz.

Mac Allistar would be pretty upset.

Can we include Bobby, because he’s as much “in the squad” as Fabinho.

Mac Allistar would be pretty upset.

Can we include Bobby, because he’s as much “in the squad” as Fabinho.
Sure.

Mac we'll probably end up paying between 40-60m for him anyway so he's included as well....like I say only every south american we have in the squad.

Sure.

Mac we'll probably end up paying between 40-60m for him anyway so he's included as well....like I say only every south american we have in the squad.

Why - it was a release clause wasn’t it.l - why would we end up paying more?

Anyway - what’s the issue - he’s worth what we paid for him - he wouldn’t have developed as well or likely be as good if we’d signed him 3 or 4 years ago, because he wouldn’t have played anywhere near as many games.

Whatxare we actually arguing about here - you were factually wrong when you said we hadn’t signed any players from South America in the last 16 years - because when we have, they haven’t worked out.

We’ve successfully signed loads of South Americans for under £40m & over £40m that have mostly been fucking brilliant for us.

So if paying reasonable fees for good South Americans after they’ve spent a few years getting used to life and football in Europe, etc, etc is working for us…. What’s the problem?

What are you actually trying to argue - that we should not sign South Americans from other European Clubs or do more of the thing that has failed spectacularly for us, on the basis of… what… jealousy or the short list of directly signed South Americans that have actually achieved something other than hype?

I’m really not sure?

Why - it was a release clause wasn’t it.l - why would we end up paying more?

Anyway - what’s the issue - he’s worth what we paid for him - he wouldn’t have developed as well or likely be as good if we’d signed him 3 or 4 years ago, because he wouldn’t have played anywhere near as many games.

Whatxare we actually arguing about here - you were factually wrong when you said we hadn’t signed any players from South America in the last 16 years - because when we have, they haven’t worked out.

We’ve successfully signed loads of South Americans for under £40m & over £40m that have mostly been fucking brilliant for us.

So if paying reasonable fees for good South Americans after they’ve spent a few years getting used to life and football in Europe, etc, etc is working for us…. What’s the problem?

What are you actually trying to argue - that we should not sign South Americans from other European Clubs or do more of the thing that has failed spectacularly for us, on the basis of… what… jealousy or the short list of directly signed South Americans that have actually achieved something other than hype?

I’m really not sure?

No issue with Mac or what we paid for him, just going by BBC/Sky Sports sources saying there could well still be add ons involved.

The signings we made in the last 16 years were youth signings for the reserves, not once have they been included in the first team squad hence why I struggle to count them. Who the fuck are Pitaluga, Allan and Arroyo. I don't pay attention to the reserves team, no idea who they are. Make your name in the first team then we talk.

Maybe our scouts should be doing better to find the real talent instead of chasing around targets of other clubs.

No issue with Mac or what we paid for him, just going by BBC/Sky Sports sources saying there could well still be add ons involved.

The signings we made in the last 16 years were youth signings for the reserves, not once have they been included in the first team squad hence why I struggle to count them. Who the fuck are Pitaluga, Allan and Arroyo. I don't pay attention to the reserves team, no idea who they are. Make your name in the first team then we talk.

Maybe our scouts should be doing better to find the real talent instead of chasing around targets of other clubs.
The issue with 'your' proposal is that there is a high failure rate and if it's a big name over there then it's a high fee anyway (some of the SA to Spain transfers for example). Isn't it better to be almost sure (because even some high profile transfers fail) that winging it with a plethora of unproven SA youngsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom