• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Rubans other games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was offside and touched the keeper.

If he touched the keeper then that's interfering with play. End of discussion.

Having seen it a couple of times, he is just in an offside position, so the right call.

Hopefully that made some sort of sense.

They gave a free kick, not offside.

They gave a free kick, not offside.
The linesman didn't give anything.
VAR gave it.

The right decision was made on that one either way.

If you are in an offside position and you touch the keeper. Even his little toe.

It can't be anything, but interfering with play.

And he was deffo the 6 there.
He was but almost every action is showing off his range of passing which we already knew he had, 1 or 2 interceptions which were good but it's Paraguay. Did he once have to track back because Paraguay breached the midfield line? Doesn't look like it.

In these home games against fodder where man for man you're the superior side, sure you can afford to juggle around positions & it won't have any effect on the outcome of the game.

Apologies if already posted. This is how Harvey looks when the level is clearly too easy for him - just toying with everybody. It’s a huge challenge to bridge the gap between youth and adult football, but this shows potentially the kind of player he can become.

Apologies if already posted. This is how Harvey looks when the level is clearly too easy for him - just toying with everybody. It’s a huge challenge to bridge the gap between youth and adult football, but this shows potentially the kind of player he can become.

Which is why no one really pays attention to u21 football these days, levels which made the likes of Nketiah and Berahino look like world beaters.

Wrong, certainly the clubs and scouts pay enormous attention to U21 games now, even U18 and U16. The real talents stand out from the pack and it’s good to see that Elliott stands out to this extent, especially against the Serbians who are never lacking in talents either - but like I said, bridging the gap into adult football is a huge challenge.

Just seen that Brazil drew to Venezuela (1-1) - I mean how shit have Brazil become now ? - I remember 10 to 15 years (if that) - that would have been shameful absolutely shameful - also the result was at home for them.

Wrong, certainly the clubs and scouts pay enormous attention to U21 games now, even U18 and U16. The real talents stand out from the pack and it’s good to see that Elliott stands out to this extent, especially against the Serbians who are never lacking in talents either - but like I said, bridging the gap into adult football is a huge challenge.

It absolutely is, for me the real talents you'll already find them playing for their countries at his age, they play u21 when they're 17/18 and then jump straight into the adult game. They're the real talents. Your Bellingham's, Foden's, Saka's, Pedri's, Musiala's, Wirtz's, Alphonso's, Ramos's, Haaland's

The u21's won the Euro's last year, I look through the squad and don't see many real talents there. Just decent players who'll go onto have decent enough careers.

It absolutely is, for me the real talents you'll already find them playing for their countries at his age, they play u21 when they're 17/18 and then jump straight into the adult game. They're the real talents. Your Bellingham's, Foden's, Saka's, Pedri's, Musiala's, Wirtz's, Alphonso's, Ramos's, Haaland's

The u21's won the Euro's last year, I look through the squad and don't see many real talents there. Just decent players who'll go onto have decent enough careers.

Curtis Jones - he should be in the England squad now.

England 9-1 Serbia. Elliott scored twice, hit the bar and had an assist.

Curtis Jones - he should be in the England squad now.

Curtis Jones aint gonna catch Southgate’s eyes if he’s not even catching Liverpool fans eyes. We can see what he’s up to every week because we watch him every week, he needs to put in some Motm or above standard level performances that grab some headlines otherwise I sense he’ll be waiting a long time for the call.

England 9-1 Serbia. Elliott scored twice, hit the bar and had an assist.
Yep true. Who cares what he does for England u21s though? Not me. 2 other players scored twice that game, doubt any of them will mount to much.

You sure it was Serbia they were playing and not San Marino? 9-1. What do you learn from battering a bunch of nobodies?

Bit of good fortune to get round the defender but boy he still has his wicked crosses.

Darwin
Mac Allister
Diaz
Virgil
Ibou
Kostas
Trent

All seem to be among their nations' best players during international week. Am I the only with mixed feelings about this?

Watched the highlights of this game and obviously was pretty one sided.

Harvey wasn't the standout player. That would be Madueke - a one man wrecking ball. Though Harvey seemed to rely more on his smarts.

Hayden Hackney and Rico Lewis were outstanding as well. Especially Hackney.

Watched the highlights of this game and obviously was pretty one sided.

Harvey wasn't the standout player. That would be Madueke - a one man wrecking ball. Though Harvey seemed to rely more on his smarts.

Hayden Hackney and Rico Lewis were outstanding as well. Especially Hackney.
I'm not Harvey's biggest fan, but he did standout. I've already said I'd swap Harvey for Hackney, but @StevieM thins we if that exchange were to happen, he wants an extra £40m. Crazy

I'm not Harvey's biggest fan, but he did standout. I've already said I'd swap Harvey for Hackney, but @StevieM thins we if that exchange were to happen, he wants an extra £40m. Crazy
It's hard not to stand out when you win so emphatically and all the goals/assists are shared amongst the team.

In truth, every outfield player could've had an impressive highlight video off the back of that.

Rico Lewis annoyingly looks like a top prospect & probably will end up being England's next RB for years to come.

It's hard not to stand out when you win so emphatically and all the goals/assists are shared amongst the team.

In truth, every outfield player could've had an impressive highlight video off the back of that.

Rico Lewis annoyingly looks like a top prospect & probably will end up being England's next RB for years to come.
Lewis has already broken into the City squad, which is harder to get in to than the England squad. So at some point he being promoted would not be a surprise.

On another note, watching England under Boregate is very hard

No argument there, he was great, just meant he wasn't clearly THE stand out among his teammates, they were eating cake all match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom