• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"The System"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only the midfield trio but the attackers aswell. Suarez drops deep and the other two doesnt have any movement off the ball. Sterling got better and better last night but I'd rather set them up a bit differently.
Suso is a great talent but he should start on the bench for a few games.

Assaidi Suarez Sterling

I thought Assaidi should have come on instead of Downing. He has shown more in the few times he has figured that Downing has in all his time here.

Mark is correct, it's the middle 3 that are the problem here.
Not only Pete. There is a lack of balance. Wisdom is playing shite right now and his confidence is shot. We seem to have either Johnson/Enrique on the left and they get used a lot. Enrique was trashed on here and yet he was integral to the first 40 mins when the left was the key to our attack and the right was like a withered limb.

We were superb for much of that first half so there isn't too much wrong that a fit Johnson & Lucas plus two strikers in January won't fix.

I don't agree we were superb for most of the first half at all. Is that why a few people decided to boo at HT near me?

I think we were good for the opening 15, then poor for the remainder, giving the ball away a hell of a lot.

Second half we were very good.
That's how I saw it anyway.

I'm not condoning the booing btw, obviously knobheads but I'm just pointing out, people weren't satisfied at HT with the performance. I wasn't anyway.

We were sloppy for a majority of the first half, and in the second we weren't very good until suarez scored

Not only the midfield trio but the attackers aswell. Suarez drops deep and the other two doesnt have any movement off the ball. Sterling got better and better last night but I'd rather set them up a bit differently.
Suso is a great talent but he should start on the bench for a few games.

Assaidi Suarez Sterling

Suso should start in midfield for a few games.

With the pointlessness of our season, we may as well give Gerrard the freedom to wander around the pitch and generate the type of eye-catching footage where young kids fifty years from now can see what a magnificent player he is.

His pass to Sterling near the end of the game was the best moment of the season for me. It seemed to travel the entire length of the pitch, split the two defenders, and went right into the path of Sterling's run.

What good is a manager that has a system, that clearly isn't working, and can't think of another system more suited to getting the best out of the players at his disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom