• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Tackle on Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it shouldn't matter what minute of the game it was. The tackle was worthy of a red, so send him off. The ref and lino worked well together on it.

It was a nailed on red card. That tackle could have broken his leg if it connected and could have put our season in big big trouble

Spot on. Vicious and cowardly and for him and Jonas to suggest otherwise was ridiculous. He got caught out.

The Guardian report said it was a terrible tackle and couldn't resist saying that Suarez had committed the same foul last week. In other words, karma for the fucking Uruguayan villain.

The Guardian report daid it was a terrible tackle and couldn't resist saying that Suarez had committed the same foul last week. In other words, karma for the fucking Uruguayan villain.

Although he actually never committed the same foul. Not even close. He strafed Distins ankle, not a great tackle by any means, but Colocinnis was a full on leg breaker

I think Collo was a bit miffed at being ripped for the goal.

That was definitely the scenario. I didn't see the tackle at the match, but seeing the TV replays Collocini was definitely trying to punish Suarez for giving him a hard time. If he had connected as he intended, he would have inflicted a serious injury.

Sitting near the away fans as I do, I consider the Newcastle fans to be the worst bunch who visit Anfield every season. They rarely support the team but spend their time insulting the Liverpool fans. Being such a prosperous part of the country (!) they go on about the Scousers being on the dole and claim that they pay our benefits. They boo Henderson because he used to play for Sunderland, Downing because he used to play for Middlesborough, Enrique because he used to play for Newcastle, Suarez and Gerrard because they are good players. What a bunch of tossers they are!

Coloccini does a little skip on his standing foot to allow him to extend the 'tackling' foot far enough, therefore he knew exactly what he was doing. Thus making him a dirty bastard and that tackle a red, the only saving grace for Suarez is that he is also a massive weener and made most of that tackle with his eyes closed missing the intended target.

Pardew tried to suggest he's not dirty and was an accident because he was trying to stop himself, nonsense, but fair enough he's just trying to excuse his player. I didn't hear what Rodgers said but it would have been the perfect time to ask for more protection for Luis and point out that he is on the receiving end of a red card worthy tackle every match, maybe even suggesting players will have to make the most of fouls if they aren't punished properly.

The Guardian report daid it was a terrible tackle and couldn't resist saying that Suarez had committed the same foul last week. In other words, karma for the fucking Uruguayan villain.

Yeah, I read that before watching the incident.

When I watched the incident it was clear that there was very little in common between the two tackles.

The penalty incident - it was. Hard to pick without slowmo replay and I think the ref was unsighted a little, but Suarez tipped it round Collincini and was clipped. Not intentional, but that doesn;t matter. I can see why it wasn't given, but it should have been.

Although he actually never committed the same foul. Not even close. He strafed Distins ankle, not a great tackle by any means, but Colocinnis was a full on leg breaker

Yeah, but you don't let the truth get in the way of a good story Sunny. You'll never make a journo.

Definite straight red. It was a horrendous tackle but more importantly, with intent.

Thank fuck it didn't connect fully or we'd really be up shit creek

Is it true that if the tackle had been on an English player Colocini would have got two red cards ?

It was a cunt's tackle, and he rightly got the red.

Is it true that the linesman called for it initially and not the ref? If so, I think that's the first time I've seen one of those 'assistant referees' actually do something.

I don't know if the ref would have given the decision anyway, but from the replay it was clear the assistant was saying red/off instantly.

It was a cunt's tackle, and he rightly got the red.

Is it true that the linesman called for it initially and not the ref? If so, I think that's the first time I've seen one of those 'assistant referees' actually do something.

Yep, the lino called it, he actually looked shocked & a bit angry when he saw it too, he flagged & had a look of determined anger on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom