• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll The worst keeper we've ever had?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Your optioms

• Adrian

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Karius

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arphexad.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Mignolet

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Kirkland

• carson

• Other

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westerveld was our steady Eddie keeper. Not terrible, not great, just OK.

I quite liked Westerveld. He had a very defensive formation in front of him, which flattered him, but there weren't too many howlers that I remember. Certainly less than calamity James

I quite liked Westerveld. He had a very defensive formation in front of him, which flattered him, but there weren't too many howlers that I remember. Certainly less than calamity James
No I don't remember any howlers but I do remember that he just wasn't a top class keeper. I don't remember him making James type saves.

I can only remember one, which was the one against Bolton that he essentially got the sack for!

I'm sure there must have been others that I have forgotten. Bit harsh otherwise.

I can only remember one, which was the one against Bolton that he essentially got the sack for!

I'm sure there must have been others that I have forgotten. Bit harsh otherwise.

That's the thing with certain keepers. It's easy remember Reina and Alisson putting on world class performances and winning games for us, Alisson more so.
I just don't remember Dudek and Westerveld doing that for us except in finals when they saved a few pens.

Dudek was very good. I was disappointed when he left. Reina was a good replacement but there wasn't much in it.

I'll probs get slated for that opinion but whatever

Dudek had trouble with crosses, didn't he? And he wasn't that good with his feet either. Didn't have a commanding presence in the box either.

Credit for the league-winning season. He played the first 8 games and we won them all.

Not many clean sheets in those 8 though, granted.
I don't think the credit lies with him for those wins but he was largely responsible for our exit from the Champions league and FA Cup that season

I feel bad for Karius. He was clearly concussed in the CL final and there wasn't as much awareness about that possibility at the time.

But then there was this. ;)

Everyone knows Adrian was/is shit & yes that game at Anfield against Atletico was criminal but he also has some merit.....the shootout win alone to win the supercup goes some way.

& if a certain Karius had never signed then I'd imagine he'd be spoken about a lot more. That guy had no merit, total fucking cunt in every aspect & he can shove his little Insta post about how much abuse he took from Liverpool fans up his arse.

James was the first keeper I ever witnessed come & jump for a high corner ... with his arms by his side!!! Needless to say we conceded as the big number 9 just behind him had a free header.

Never thought I'd see anything as stupid as that again ... until Bogdan did it years later

James was the first keeper I ever witnessed come & jump for a high corner ... with his arms by his side!!! Needless to say we conceded as the big number 9 just behind him had a free header.

Never thought I'd see anything as stupid as that again ... until Bogdan did it years later

I think I remember Mignolet - or was it Karius? - doing something similar, trying to block a shot with his torso while well in the penalty area.

I don’t remember a great deal about David James except that he was hot shit as a youngster and then became the guy who almost flapped the ball into his own net or completely soiled himself at every corner.

Was he as shit as i remember? I also remember Evans and Houllier having such a problem with defence they were playing every combination of player they had in a back 5. So maybe those around him made James look worse?

Just watched the inside Anfield clip. Didn't realize poor ole Karius was at Anfield last weekend.

The players left from our CL Final v Real in 2018 that played with Karius?

Salah
Robertson
VVD
Arnold

Subs on that day were
Lallana
Klavan
Can
Clyne
Moreno
Mignolet and...
Solanke

Karius was a completely average keeper, forever marred by the biggest game of his life. A shame, but is what it is.

Tbh, dudek is getting away with it a bit, as more often than not he was completely average. The biggest night of his career absolutely has bigged him up in the memory of others.

There's probably not much in it between all or first choice keepers, Bar Ali and pepe
And Ray Clemence obviously.. This 3 are miles ahead of any other keeper who has played for us since the 70s

Karius is as far the worst keeper by some distance as much as those 3 are ahead of everyone else

Hard to rate Irish Kevin as he is compaired to Alisson which nobody can get close. Ali is head and shoulders the best keeper in the world and been for a few years despite what those retard spurs fans think of their new keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom