• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit funny that 30mil Euros was touted as the fee all this while and now suddenly it's an extra 5. Goddamn if this will be the running version for the next few months.
There were reports they were adding 5m if they won the CL. Maybe they thought they were handing us more Coutinho money by winning it.

I'm delighted by this.

The plan could be to keep Gini and push Chamberlain out wide. That's the only way the midfield numbers work as it stands.

If a midfielder doesn't make way then I'll be amazed we also go for Sarr or alternative wing cover.

Here's a novel idea... if we're short on DMs and CBs, why not buy DMs and CBs?

Thiago needs a defensive midfielder alongside him, he's not that player. And Fabinho is not a CB. More plugging holes.

I think you're wrong here.

He's now a sitting, ball playing DM. He's been playing alongside Goreztka (a box to box CM) recently.

He will give us a new dimension. Central penetration. Right now, almost everything goes through our full backs.

We are signing a genuine world class midfielder. Probably top 5 in the world. This is a tremendous statement.

For years, we've all complained about our workhorse midfield. Finally we're getting a midfielder who is an absolute baller and who is very at good at pressing/intercepting too!

As Skysports says..

"Only Wolfsburg's Maximilian Arnold reclaimed possession in the middle third more than Thiago in the Bundesliga last season - and he played 1,055 minutes more than the Spain international."

skysports-thiago-alcantara_5065466.png

The guy is what Keita promised to be...

"The Bayern midfielder would also offer an improved dimension to Liverpool's existing midfield tranche: the ability to run with the ball. His frequency of completed dribbles is outstanding, given the fact he patrols central areas of the pitch."

skysports-graphic-thiago-liverpool_5067324.png

Last edited:
Does this stifle Curtis? Will Gini not be offered a renewal despite his change of heart? More questions than answers. But he is elite enough for this to be good news. We should let Milner go to Leeds on a free, it seems his opportunities will be non existant.

Milner is one of the dressing room leaders and seems content to play a bit part role. He will still get minutes, and he's exactly the guy you wanna bring on with 10 mins to go to seal a result.

I think we've decided the Ox is kinda done here, sadly

I’ve suggested elsewhere that Curtis Jones will replace Thiago in a few years time. I still think that’s the case.

Jones can learn off Thiago. He's still 19. He needs a lot more seasoning. He shouldn't be expecting to be a starter at a club like Liverpool until he's at least 23. That's at least another 3 seasons.

A good season for Jones would be playing 10 seniors games (cup competitions mainly).

World class midfielder for under £30m oof , if he's the difference over the next 2/3 years then I couldn't give a fuck

What a roller coaster ride this has been.

It's almost as exciting as that time I ordered chicken wings and the waitress wasn't sure if there was any left and she went into the kitchen to find out.

What a roller coaster ride this has been.

It's almost as exciting as that time I ordered chicken wings and the waitress wasn't sure if there was any left and she went into the kitchen to find out.

Don't leave us in suspense...

Cba quoting everyone that responded to me...

I know Thiago plays deeper, that's not what I meant. I meant we need a ball winner with him because he's not that kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom