• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

We sign Thiago
We keep Gini

And now ppl are asking what about Curtis Jones???
It wouldn't change my mind on making the moves... but Curtis has helped win us the last two matches we played in and I get the next Gerrard vibes from him. So, I want him staying as 6th midfielder. I hope that happens.

One of the biggest positives about this is that it has ability to absolutely piss Pep off. I hope he's here to put the last nail in Pep's City career.

Last edited:
I'm delighted by this.

The plan could be to keep Gini and push Chamberlain out wide. That's the only way the midfield numbers work as it stands.

If a midfielder doesn't make way then I'll be amazed we also go for Sarr or alternative wing cover.
Ox is kinda useless out wide though. I expect him to move on next year tbh.

Pearce seems quite adamant that we want a left sided attacker. I reckon we will end up with one of Sarr, Doku or Daka eventually.

88e80ff2a2dbac3d7aad36ba5a120665.jpg

5d49d51d4532e8a7621157ecc47e935e.jpg

I'm delighted by this.

The plan could be to keep Gini and push Chamberlain out wide. That's the only way the midfield numbers work as it stands.

If a midfielder doesn't make way then I'll be amazed we also go for Sarr or alternative wing cover.
I can see Ox leaving now. Lovely guy but surplus to requirements.

I think you're wrong here.

He's now a sitting, ball playing DM. He's been playing alongside Goreztka (a box to box CM) recently.

He will give us a new dimension. Central penetration. Right now, almost everything goes through our full backs.

We are signing a genuine world class midfielder. Probably top 5 in the world. This is a tremendous statement.

For years, we've all complained about our workhorse midfield. Finally we're getting a midfielder who is an absolute baller and who is very at good at pressing/intercepting too!

As Skysports says..

"Only Wolfsburg's Maximilian Arnold reclaimed possession in the middle third more than Thiago in the Bundesliga last season - and he played 1,055 minutes more than the Spain international."

skysports-thiago-alcantara_5065466.png

The guy is what Keita promised to be...

"The Bayern midfielder would also offer an improved dimension to Liverpool's existing midfield tranche: the ability to run with the ball. His frequency of completed dribbles is outstanding, given the fact he patrols central areas of the pitch."

skysports-graphic-thiago-liverpool_5067324.png

Look at the dribbles completed and ball recoveries of Thiago and Keita. Look forward to seeing :

.................. Fabs

...... Thiago..............Keita

I think he has to be worried about playing time now, unless Wijnaldum goes.
Although Thiago wasn't in Klopp's plans I don't see this affecting Keita who is now starting to live up to his billing. As listed above: Fabs, Thiago & Keita could be an awesome midfield. We've now got great cover all over midfield too.

Last edited:
If Gini signs a new contract this news would be even more wonderful, but I kinda doubt that he will. I'm thinking that he stays for the duration of his contract and leaves for free in the summer.

Haha from Redcafe :

Well fck! This one sucks, we should have offered 60 million who cares. The reason why it sucks is cuz its going to make Liverpool practically invincible. The one weakness they had has now now turned into a major major strength. We should have done anything to prevent Thiago to Liverpool, seriously.

I would have bought him and then loaned him to City, I dont care. Just not Liverpool, if there is one team he really improves its them.

How would our first eleven look assuming Thiago slotted in night on straight off the bat.

Twitter is full of Manc fans wanting to kill Woodward and the Glazers, other fans pointing out Klopp has purchased a player for £25odd mil after saying we ain't run by a state or an oligarch, and that he's spent £400+ mil now.

I'm at the point where I'm over the moon a signing has wound up the opposition.

We'll have the option of a 4-2-3-1 now, especially if we buy a winger.

Salah 9, Bobby 10, Mane left, Sarr(?) right.

Or keep Mo on the right and get a new number 9.

With Thiago + Gini/Keita/Henderson/Fab holding.

He will be a DM.. when fabs is playing CB.. Fabs will be 4th Choice CB, first choice DM

Milner is going to play less this season, and we have lost Lallana.. He is a direct replacement for both of them. Excellent presser with an eye for a pass .

If we want to compete in all competitions we need bodies in the team.. Not just numbers but quality players in the team..

We need a great passer of the ball in midfield, because when we are missing our full backs, we struggle to break teams down, with VVD and Henderson only being the other quality passers of the the ball in the Team

Shaq the other great ball player.. is always injured..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom