• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This new striker in January

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still sure his issues at Arsenal are because he plays as a wide midfielder, I'm sure playing here as a wide forward will make a big difference. I've got nothing to base this on except for a feeling and I think he's unhappy for more reasons than not playing upfront, maybe being a Liverpool fan could help convince him also.
If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lottery. We should at least make a bid for walcott. I don't think he'll come personally as i think he'll want champions league football.

If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the lottery. We should at least make a bid for walcott. I don't think he'll come personally as i think he'll want champions league football.

Hopefully Rodgers can convince him, he'll be such an outstanding signing.

Nope, I'm sure he can do a decent enough job though, considering he'll be third choice for that position behind Suarez and Borini, that'll be sufficient.

I'm not that sure to be honest. He doesn't look like a striker imo and I'd rather we buy someone who can play upfront alone with Suarez behind him or on the left. Someone like David Villa.

I'm not that sure to be honest. He doesn't look like a striker imo and I'd rather we buy someone who can play upfront alone with Suarez behind him or on the left. Someone like David Villa.

We currently have the best player in the country playing in that position, why on earth would you want to move him?

He didn't say that he did want to move Suarez.
Yes I'd consider moving Suarez to the left or hav him play behind a main striker. Depends on who the striker is mind you.
If it's Kevin Doyle, Shane Long or Jonathan Walters they can fuck off to the reserves. But if it's David Villa or Fernando Llorrente I'd move him.

I'm still sure his issues at Arsenal are because he plays as a wide midfielder, I'm sure playing here as a wide forward will make a big difference. I've got nothing to base this on except for a feeling and I think he's unhappy for more reasons than not playing upfront, maybe being a Liverpool fan could help convince him also.

I could be talking bollocks on this one, but I thought the Arse played a similar formation to us with a 'front 3'? e.g the weekend the played Giroud, Podolski and Walcott in a front 3 with Walcott playing as wing forward?

I could be talking bollocks on this one, but I thought the Arse played a similar formation to us with a 'front 3'? e.g the weekend the played Giroud, Podolski and Walcott in a front 3 with Walcott playing as wing forward?

They might have done on Saturday, would explain why Walcott scored again, I've always thought traditionally they play with wide midfielders.

This might be down to a bias against English players or not having seen much of Arsenal over the last 12 months but Walcott just doesn't strike me as being the answer to our problems. Certainly not at 100k a week.

This might be down to a bias against English players or not having seen much of Arsenal over the last 12 months but Walcott just doesn't strike me as being the answer to our problems. Certainly not at 100k a week.

He scores goals and create goals, that's our main problem. I know this is over simplifying, but I'm sure he'll make the difference, his record over the last two and a bit seasons is the up there with the best in the league and speaks for itself.

At the moment, if there was a small fee (say 3-5mill) and 100k per week, and he agreed to play mainly wing forward, and alternate to get some games up top. I'd take him in a blink. If he was on a 5yrs contract, he'd probably cost 20-30mill due to him being english, and the form he's had for the last 18months.
He's certainly a better option than buying an out and out striker that can only play up top and pushing the league's top scorer out wide.

After all this time in the Premier League, many are unconvinced by Theo Walcott (even Arsenal fans). Is that a warning bell I can hear?

They might have done on Saturday, would explain why Walcott scored again, I've always thought traditionally they play with wide midfielders.
He played wide for most of the match and thats how he got his two assists. he was actually moved into the middle for the last 5 mins or so and thats when he got his goal.

After all this time in the Premier League, many are unconvinced by Theo Walcott (even Arsenal fans). Is that a warning bell I can hear?
Actually most arsenal fans are saying that its typical arsenal that when their player finally starts delivering on a consistent basis that he's on his final year.

Theo Walcott from the wing forward position:

Year Apps Goals Assists
2011 - 46 - 11 - 10
2012 - 15 - 9 - 7

Rossi hasn't played in ages because of injury - would be a bad bad move. He'll definitely sign then

Which is why I'd be up for it if it was cheap. Cheap cheap, not just cheap.

I think he's fucked mate. Came back after six months out with a cruciate injury and got the same injury two weeks later - now out till next March. All a bit pointless for this season and I'd be worried about his future fitness

I think he's fucked mate. Came back after six months out with a cruciate injury and got the same injury two weeks later - now out till next March. All a bit pointless for this season and I'd be worried about his future fitness

Wasn't it the other knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom