• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This new striker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think that maybe it doesn't NEED to be a world class striker.

A good striker, yes, but perhaps not world class. Lambert yesterday simply tied up defenders, which gave sturridge the space he needed to punish them.

There's no need to panic yet.

For me it's not about getting a new striker it's about filling a large Suarez hole in the starting line up.

Maybe he's not coming here....

Falcao-Puma-Liverpool-tweet.png

The Colombian striker inadvertently stoked the flames of Premier League rivalry when taking part in a PR campaign on Twitter 1186 Shares Share Tweet +1 Email Oops: The Falcao-signed card Puma and Radamel Falcao were caught out by a Twitter prankster on Monday. To promote a new advertising campaign, the sportswear company were encouraging followers to tweet them a hashtag , with selected responses winning a personalised card from Puma athletes.

Monaco striker Falcao was one such participant, but was caught out by one tweeter who craftily changed his handle for the occasion. "LiverpoolAreW**k," wrote Falcao on the card. "Fans like you are behind every win." The user swiftly changed his Twitter name, no doubt delighted at the ruse. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-wk-puma-falcao-blunder-4069770#ixzz3AlMfOLNn

For me it's not about getting a new striker it's about filling a large Suarez hole in the starting line up.

Yeah, I kinda agree, but the problem with the front line without Suarez is that no one does the donkey work, Sturridge can coast through games but get the crucial goal, but if he gets isolated by a good defense than that blunts us no end, Suarez opened things up for everyone else by doing the leg work and hounding defenders. That's what we maybe lack, Sterling has the potential to do it, but the rest are either too nice or drift in and out of games.

Maybe he's not coming here....

Falcao-Puma-Liverpool-tweet.png

The Colombian striker inadvertently stoked the flames of Premier League rivalry when taking part in a PR campaign on Twitter 1186 Shares Share Tweet +1 Email Oops: The Falcao-signed card Puma and Radamel Falcao were caught out by a Twitter prankster on Monday. To promote a new advertising campaign, the sportswear company were encouraging followers to tweet them a hashtag , with selected responses winning a personalised card from Puma athletes.

Monaco striker Falcao was one such participant, but was caught out by one tweeter who craftily changed his handle for the occasion. "LiverpoolAreW**k," wrote Falcao on the card. "Fans like you are behind every win." The user swiftly changed his Twitter name, no doubt delighted at the ruse. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-wk-puma-falcao-blunder-4069770#ixzz3AlMfOLNn

Sounds like BS :)

Cheeky fucker.

But could we really if we don't sign a new striker?

No. Apparently the only reason Lille were prepared to sell to us is because we were the only ones prepared to let them hang on to him for another season.

Falcao
Sanchez
Reus
Higuain
Etc

All players we never sign.
Im just worried the Bony link resurfaces.

I'm worried that it won't and we'll start the season with just Studge & Lambo (with Fabio off to Sunderland).

The season started last weekend, we did start with just those two.

But, arguably we can put Sterling in that list too, looks like he's going to be playing a slightly more advanced role. And I think he could well get 10-15 goals this season.

What about Pedro Rodriguez?
I really like him, pacy and an eye for a goal.
He scores 15+ every season and can play all across the front.
With Neymar, Suarez and Messi how much will he play?

I know its an unlikely one but he is a good player and might be available for the right money.
He played mostly off the bench last season and still scored 19 goals. He will probably play even less this year. Certainly from october onwards.

As I said ive always really liked him. Anyone else?

The season started last weekend, we did start with just those two.

But, arguably we can put Sterling in that list too, looks like he's going to be playing a slightly more advanced role. And I think he could well get 10-15 goals this season.

He had 13 last season - he'd better not score less !

What about Pedro Rodriguez?
I really like him, pacy and an eye for a goal.
He scores 15+ every season and can play all across the front.
With Neymar, Suarez and Messi how much will he play?

I know its an unlikely one but he is a good player and might be available for the right money.
He played mostly off the bench last season and still scored 19 goals. He will probably play even less this year. Certainly from october onwards.

As I said ive always really liked him. Anyone else?
I think Barcelona like him.

Pretty sure he only had 10, 9 in the league, 1 in the League Cup.

I'm hoping for 10-15 in the league. And whatever else in the cups and Europe, depending on how far we get.

Ah you're right. Don't know why I thought he had more. Ah well, I really believe he's going to hit 15 up this season for sure.

Wasn't everyone dead set against signing him earlier in the window? And now people have changed their mind, or am I completely imagining this?

@Falcao - ASMonaco " talks are advanced on a deal with a British club that wears red. However there are rumors that a superfan may be leaving a key fan site and this is causing falcao to reconsider position"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom