• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Today's games

Status
Not open for further replies.
WBA 2-0 Appleton in charge today. He would be gutted not to have been given a chance to prove himself in the caretaker capacity.

[quote author=krissr link=topic=44209.msg1284533#msg1284533 date=1297524892]
West Brom 3-0 West Ham
[/quote]

= championship football with a great stadium

[quote author=krissr link=topic=44209.msg1284533#msg1284533 date=1297524892]
West Brom 3-0 West Ham
[/quote] good idea to get as many points as possible before Roy takes over

On 5Live, the commentator for Arse v Wolves has just made an observation that there are lots of empty seats at the Emirates, but the attendance figures in tomorrow's press will state "60,000".

Curious.

[quote author=themn link=topic=44209.msg1284543#msg1284543 date=1297525190]
On 5Live, the commentator for Arse v Wolves has just made an observation that there are lots of empty seats at the Emirates, but the attendance figures in tomorrow's press will state "60,000".

Curious.
[/quote] Might be lots of season ticket holders not in attendance today so while it is a sell out there are still empty seats

Half Time scores

Arsenal 1-0 Wolves
Birmingham 0-0 Stoke
Blackburn 0-0 Newcastle
Blackpool 1-1 Aston Villa
West Brom 3-0 West Ham

Ooh !

Bit crap, spending faaarsands of paaaands on a season ticket and not going.

[quote author=the count link=topic=44209.msg1284607#msg1284607 date=1297527526]
West Brom 3 - 2 West Ham.
comeback well on
[/quote] three all now

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=44209.msg1284654#msg1284654 date=1297529030]
I hear Roy gave them a team talk at half time
[/quote]

Something about kicking the ball and running a lot?

Full Time scores

Arsenal 2-0 Wolves
Birmingham 1-0 Stoke
Blackburn 0-0 Newcastle
Blackpool 1-1 Aston Villa
West Brom 3-3 West Ham

The most important result is Spurs vs Sunderland today. A win for Sunderland puts them ahead of us by a point, but I don't have an issue with that because I don't think they'll be able to last the race once we have our full squad back (soon I hope!). Since we dropped points today, the least we could hope for is for Spurs to drop a point more than us.

Did anybody notice how slow Man City are going forward until the ball reaches either Silva or Tevez. An that point they look pretty threatening as those two have a flick or one-two in them that can open a defence.

That said, even though they have a slow build up most of the players are comfortable on the ball and will keep it until a simple pass opens up rather than hoofing it.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=44209.msg1284415#msg1284415 date=1297520533]
They're creaming themselves. Crouch did that twice.
[/quote]

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on THAT spectacular Wayne Rooney overhead kick which sank neighbours City earlier today: "I've not seen anything like it. Absolutely stunning. Unbelievable. We've scored some fantastic goals but in terms of execution you'll never see that again."

"What I need to get out of Wayne and Berbatov is a performance away from home because they should be dictating and if they do it will make a huge difference to Manchester United.

I'm with SaintGeorge here.

Fergie may not have seen anything like that before but we have.

Cunt.

Quality goal but you'd think Rooney was up there with George Best the way they bang on about him. Wasnt it just last week he'd gone 11 months without scoring in open play?

English players eh, no one would give 2 shits about him if he was Serbian.

It was a better goal than Crouchs, not just because of the circumstances, but technically it was better. I don't know about goal of the season, but it was a great goal. And he's now scored as many league goals as Ming has in the past 6 games, fair play to him I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom