• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Toni Silva on loan to Northampton Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Managed by Aidy Boothroyd. They are bottom of League 2 after 29 games with 24 points.

0,,10425~10488332,00.jpg

Northampton Town have signed Liverpool winger Toni Silva on a month's youth loan.

The exciting Portugese wideman has earned rave reviews playing for the Anfield youth and reserve sides.

The 18 year old can operate on either the left or right flank or up front.

"Toni is a real threat and I am delighted we have got him," said boss Aidy Boothroyd.

"We are very grateful to everyone at Liverpool for allowing us to borrow Toni
and hopefully all parties will benefit from this move.

"He can play on either wing, he is very direct, has a lot of pace, a lot of trickery and he is a goal threat as well.

"I am sure he will prove to be an asset for us."

Silva signed in time to be available for the visit of AFC Wimbledon.

Will do him some good. To be honest I don't think there's much of a future for him in Liverpool.

There was a strong debut at the heart of the defence for Clarke Carlisle, who brought the best out of the men around him, and a fascinating cameo from Toni Silva. The Liverpool winger’s arrival was only confirmed an hour before kick-off, but he made a swift start to life in claret and white with a fine run and shot that led to Guttridge’s decisive goal.

Another loan player was added to the proceedings with a quarter of an hour of the game remaining, with Silva, who arrived from Liverpool on the day of the game, making his entrance.

Playing on the right wing, the Portuguese youngster made an almost immediate impact, slicing inside and beating two players with a twist of the hips that bought enough space for the shot that rebounded off keeper Brown and spun up to Guttridge, who made no mistake.

Rarely has such a simple goal been greeted with such celebration, with one supporter even invading the pitch to celebrate with the Town players.

Silva showed another glimpse of Premier League class to win a free-kick on the right wing moments later and although that did not cause too much trouble, Ben Harding’s corner later in the phase of play had to be punched out by Brown from almost underneath his crossbar. There were still moments of concern for the home side, who conceded a free-kick inside their own half that centre-back Mat Mitchell-King headed just a yard wide of the mark.

[quote author=Ossi link=topic=48690.msg1482901#msg1482901 date=1329288758]
They should have avsked for Downing instead.
[/quote]

We asked them and they fucked us off apparently

regarding Liverpool's proposed loan of Stewart Downing:
"We may be desperate but we ain't that desperate" said Cobblers boss Boothroyd (40) commenting on Liverpools two year loan deal where they would also pay 99% of the players wages

"Of course we are disappointed " said reds boss Dalglish (60) "We saw it as a fantastic opportunity" pausing to compose himself he went on "We still have irons in the fire for Stewart with Wrexham and Ebbsfleet United, although with the Ebbsfleet being controlled by fans I do not hold out much hope"

Apparently

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=48690.msg1483038#msg1483038 date=1329314780]
[/quote]

"We may be desperate but we ain't that desperate" said Cobblers boss Boothroyd (40) commenting on Liverpools two year loan deal where they would also pay 99% of the players wages

"Of course we are disappointed " said reds boss Dalglish (60) "We saw it as a fantastic opportunity" pausing to compose himself he went on "We still have irons in the fire for Stewart with Wrexham and Ebbsfleet United, although with the Ebbsfleet being controlled by fans I do not hold out much hope"

Apparently

regards
[/quote]

I think that's bullshit. if we want rid we'll just wait till the summer.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=48690.msg1483047#msg1483047 date=1329315564]
[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=48690.msg1483038#msg1483038 date=1329314780]
[/quote]

Apparently

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

No Neil, it's 100% true.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=48690.msg1483050#msg1483050 date=1329315639]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=48690.msg1483047#msg1483047 date=1329315564]
[/quote]

Apparently

regards
[/quote]

[/quote]

No Neil, it's 100% true.
[/quote]

fucking hell. wow.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=48690.msg1483055#msg1483055 date=1329315889]
hahahahahaha well in Spidey
[/quote]

wow, management want rid of downing THAT badly? puts a whole new spin on 'he surprised us by how good he is'.

obviously 'good' is kenny speak for 'fucking unbelieveably shite'

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=48690.msg1#msg1 date=1329318747]
What the sweet baby jesus is going on in this thread?
[/quote]

That's a very good question.

I view him in the same way I did Amoo at that age - effective at that level but questionable as to whether the class for better things is there.

It says a lot, in my opinion, when the best loan deal a player can get is a relegation threatened league two side.

I'm surprised he's ended up at such a lowly level on loan. To my mind, he's one player who's made good progress of late. He's always appeared to be blessed with real natural flair but no brains but he's really started to have a more intelligent impact on games at reserve (though mainly as a sub). I'd started to have hopes he might prove to be a real talent and potential first teamer for the future (although still thinking he might be more of an impact player).

I'd have hoped that he might have got a Championship, or at worst, a league one loan.

Still, perhaps he'll rip it up there (he should do) and move up a level quickly.

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=48690.msg1483197#msg1483197 date=1329339419]
Jesus wept Neil, did you actually think we offered Downing out on loan to League 2 clubs?
[/quote]

well I said I thought it was bullshit but others insisted it was true. meh.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=48690.msg1483220#msg1483220 date=1329343477]
[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=48690.msg1483197#msg1483197 date=1329339419]
Jesus wept Neil, did you actually think we offered Downing out on loan to League 2 clubs?
[/quote]

well I said I thought it was bullshit but others insisted it was true. meh.
[/quote]and what else? they turned us down because he wasn't good enough for them?

Wait a minute, that bit might actually be plausible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom