• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Torres Acted like a C**t - Carragher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
Well he doesn't say it in so many words but it is what he means.

Use
keys to
1000x73010.jpg
Staying strong: Carragher believes Suarez’s sitauation is entirely different to that of Torres (Picture: AP)
Jamie Carragher does not expect Luis Suarez to ‘down tools’ and sulk like Fernando Torres if Liverpool deny him a lucrative move away from Anfield.
Suarez, currently on international duty with Uruguay, has spoken of his desire to play for Real Madrid.
But Liverpool legend Carragher, who has retired after playing more than 500 times for the Reds, believes he will remain the darling of the Kop once he has sat down for talks with manager Brendan Rodgers.
That’s in stark contrast to Torres, who new Sky Sports analyst Carragher has accused of failing to give his all before he was finally allowed to join Chelsea in a £50million deal.
‘The situation is that he is away at the Confederations Cup and he has sometimes made the mistake of thinking what he says over there [in South America] won’t come back over here,’ Carragher said.
‘But he is one of the best players in the world and, when Real Madrid come calling, it will obviously turn a player’s head.
‘They are probably the most famous club in world football, they have the record of winning all those European Cups and let’s not forget, they took Cristiano Ronaldo from Man United and United had just been in the Champions League final.
‘Keeping unhappy players is an issue. We had that experience with Torres and keeping him wasn’t the right thing to do.
‘Torres wasn’t the same player for about 18 months and downed tools and that’s certainly what you don’t want. But with a character like Luis, I don’t think that would be an issue and if the club were to keep him, I’m sure he would be as committed as ever.
‘He has shown that already, not only on a weekly basis, but on a daily basis in training and I don’t think Liverpool would ever have the problem we had with Torres.
‘I do believe that Suarez is a slightly different character to Fernando Torres. Torres, at times, wasn’t giving his best on the pitch for Liverpool and that is why it was a mistake to keep him.
‘But I don’t think that will happen with Suarez, simply because of the player he is. Real Madrid is a massive club but Luis loves Liverpool and his record here is exceptional.
‘Liverpool just can’t accept Luis Suarez will leave but if he goes, they must get top dollar for him.’

Really? I think It's pretty telling actually. This is the first time an LFC player (albeit recently retired) has openly criticised the commitment of Torres in his last year or so. Something we all knew about but it's interesting it has been confirmed by someone 'on the inside' so to speak.

So bottom line is Luis stays he'll be superb as he has beep up until now.

F*ck it refuse his transfer.

His record at Chelsea suggests he never bothered picking his tools up again

Really? I think It's pretty telling actually. This is the first time an LFC player (albeit recently retired) has openly criticised the commitment of Torres in his last year or so. Something we all knew about but it's interesting it has been confirmed by someone 'on the inside' so to speak.
^this

Yep. Sheds some light from within anfield on the Torres issue.

Carra's views on the entire Suarez situation is also in sharp contradiction to that of some of the most vocal anti Suarez camp leaders.
But hey, what does he know?

Is the correct answer - everyone knew he was fucking being an unprofessional git. It was written all over his fucking face.

I'm sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

I called him on it continually at the time, and I think Ross was the only other one on the same bandwagon. And I took almighty stick from the rest of you for it. Go back and have a look at the threads if you like.

I think the opposing opinion was largely staked on the fact that he was still scoring lots of goals despite his all round game not being quite the same.

I recall quite a few people said it. Although, there were also lots of fan boy types about as well.
Yep me too but I'm sure if it makes him feel better then we can all pander to his ego. @Ryan you clever sausage - It seems you saw what most of us also did but well done for speaking out about it.....

I went to Torres's last game at Anfield and was frankly appalled at his attitude that game. I might have mentioned it on here but can't be arsed to go back and check.

Yep me too but I'm sure if it makes him feel better then we can all pander to his ego. @Ryan you clever sausage - It seems you saw what most of us also did but well done for speaking out about it.....

I went to Torres's last game at Anfield and was frankly appalled at his attitude that game. I might have mentioned it on here but can't be arsed to go back and check.
It's almost as impressive as his complete and utter U turn on Luis Sexuarez to Luis the cheat.

He doesn't look any happier or more effective since moving though, if anything he's worse now

But for good reason - he's not healthy 100%, he's moved to a club which isn't Liverpool wrt adulation etc and he's won a shit load of trophies without contributing much. It makes sense why he's unhappy tbh.

I called him on it continually at the time, and I think Ross was the only other one on the same bandwagon. And I took almighty stick from the rest of you for it. Go back and have a look at the threads if you like.

I don't remember. I know I didn't see it then, but it is far more obvious looking back on it. Props for seeing it back then.

But for good reason - he's not healthy 100%, he's moved to a club which isn't Liverpool wrt adulation etc and he's won a shit load of trophies without contributing much. It makes sense why he's unhappy tbh.

I don't remember. I know I didn't see it then, but it is far more obvious looking back on it. Props for seeing it back then.

In fairness, I remember in that game where Benitez hooked him, and Stevie G gave that exasperated look and everyone was going nuts at Rafa, Ryan did point out that the decision was warranted due to Torres not putting in the effort.

Given Ryan's legendary modesty though, I'm surprised he brought it up.

In fairness, I remember in that game where Benitez hooked him, and Stevie G gave that exasperated look and everyone was going nuts at Rafa, Ryan did point out that the decision was warranted due to Torres not putting in the effort.

Given Ryan's legendary modesty though, I'm surprised he brought it up.

Very good of you D-Mac, but to be honest this isn't about proving whether I was right about Torres (cos I was) more to point out that everyone queuing up now to claim they "knew Torres wasn't putting in effort for 2 years before he left" is talking pure balls.

Carra should have left the Torres bit out. Its really unnecessary. He left with our blessing and we got 50M. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Suarez is a whole new ball game. His ban over 2 seasons total about half a season and he still gets paid. We stood by him through thick and thin yet he speaks of Real and his desire to play for them. King Kenny probably got sacked because of him. He talks about how his family is suffering yet he doesn't learn. They are suffering because of his antics and immaturity. Cut out the crap and get on with it then people will talk about him for the right reasons. He makes it easy to be a target. Being South American has nothing to do with it.

How we must respect what he wants? What a nerve? Where is his respect for us and his existing contract? He is a bastard for the way he is trying to engineer a move. Hand in a transfer request and get it done with. Its ridiculous. So much for loyalty.

Carra should have left the Torres bit out. Its really unnecessary. He left with our blessing and we got 50M. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Suarez is a whole new ball game. His ban over 2 seasons total about half a season and he still gets paid. We stood by him through thick and thin yet he speaks of Real and his desire to play for them. King Kenny probably got sacked because of him. He talks about how his family is suffering yet he doesn't learn. They are suffering because of his antics and immaturity. Cut out the crap and get on with it then people will talk about him for the right reasons. He makes it easy to be a target. Being South American has nothing to do with it.

How we must respect what he wants? What a nerve? Where is his respect for us and his existing contract? He is a bastard for the way he is trying to engineer a move. Hand in a transfer request and get it done with. Its ridiculous. So much for loyalty.

I don't think players get paid for matches they are banned for.

One of the only decent games I recall before he left was against Chelsea. He's just another non-glittering turd in a gangsters' codpiece.

The club were briefing against him at the time - providing the press with the stats that his work rate halved during games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom