• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tracking down a God goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
Anyone remember that goal Robbie Fowler scored at the Annie Road end when he let the ball come across his body from a. right wing cross and stabbed it with his left foot so it span away from the keeper into the bottom left hand corner? I've looked for it online but without knowing the opposition it's a bit hard. It's the only time I've been in a ground and instead of cheating when we scored I simple burst out laughing it was that ridiculous and impudent. Any clue SCM wizards?

Anyone remember that goal Robbie Fowler scored at the Annie Road end when he let the ball come across his body from a. right wing cross and stabbed it with his left foot so it span away from the keeper into the bottom left hand corner? I've looked for it online but without knowing the opposition it's a bit hard. It's the only time I've been in a ground and instead of cheating when we scored I simple burst out laughing it was that ridiculous and impudent. Any clue SCM wizards?

That sounds like his outrageous goal against Reading

If that is the goal Sean is on about, that makes me fucking boss.

Ha. Sadly it's not. Nice try though and lovely to see that goal again. It was much earlier. But it was against someone like that. The ball was rolled across the box on the ground from the right wing and he used the outside of his left foot to slice it with huge amount of sopping nd sent the keeper scrambling across and ending up in the net with the ball, if memory serves.

Ah well, always nice to have an excuse to rewatch God's formidable array of goals.

No other striker has scored so many goals that made me laugh out loud at how fucking ridiculous he was. Not the biggest, not the quickest, not the most skilful with the ball.
But certainly the most preternaturally gifted finisher I have ever seen play for Liverpool.

Ah well, always nice to have an excuse to rewatch God's formidable array of goals.

No other striker has scored so many goals that made me laugh out loud at how fucking ridiculous he was. Not the biggest, not the quickest, not the most skilful with the ball.
But certainly the most preternaturally gifted finisher I have ever seen play for Liverpool.
He really was a genius at scoring. Thanks for that clip.

I think it might be the one against Villa, but the balls is played from centre mid not the right wing, so probably not

I'm intrigued to find out why Sean normally celebrates a goal by cheating, and what form that cheating takes.

I think it might be the one against Villa, but the balls is played from centre mid not the right wing, so probably not

Nope. At Annie Road end and a more deft finish. That is up there as one of my faves though. Just astonishing chutzpah!

It's Suarez who had that effect on me most often, not just when scoring, more than any other Liverpool player I've ever seen. But yes - purely in terms of finishing, Fowler's instinct was nothing short of genius.

That's not all his goals in that vid. It says 'click here for part 2' then there's nowhere to click. Annoying! I'm sure I didn't dream it...

That goal is nothing like Sean's description, unless he meant to type: "That famous goal against Villa that everyone knows, where he mugs off Staunton and fucking twats it in from 25 yards"

Blackburn?

Could be but in my addled memory banks it feels like it was more of a minnow. Maybe in the League Cup or something. And the goal after looks like it was the same game. What's weirdest is that I was defo there, in the upper Centenary with a mate pretty much behind the ball as it went in and I rarely sat up there. And yet I have no clue who it was against.

Last edited:
Could be but in my addled memory banks it feels like it was more of a minnow. Maybe in the League Cup or something. And the goal after looks like it was the same game. What's weirdest is that I was defo there, in the upper Centenary with a mate pretty much behind the ball as it went in and I rarely sat up there. And yet I have no clue who it was against.

As said above, Charlton 95/96 league cup.

The honour was in uncovering it whilst everyone else was flummoxed Brendan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom