• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester 'Enquire' About £34m-Rated Juventus Centre-Back Daniele Rugani
Ewan Murray23 DEC 2019

Leicester are eyeing a swoop for Juventus centre-back Daniele Rugani as they look to reinforce an already formidable defensive line.

Brendan Rodgers is keen on solidifying his central defence and is now being linked with Juve's Rugani, having already been rumoured to sign the Italian's teammate Merih Demiral.

A potential transfer could cost the Foxes £34m, according to Calciomercato, and would provide competition for places despite Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu's stellar start to the season.

Leicester 'Enquire' About £34m-Rated Juventus Centre-Back Daniele Rugani
Ewan Murray23 DEC 2019

Leicester are eyeing a swoop for Juventus centre-back Daniele Rugani as they look to reinforce an already formidable defensive line.

Brendan Rodgers is keen on solidifying his central defence and is now being linked with Juve's Rugani, having already been rumoured to sign the Italian's teammate Merih Demiral.

A potential transfer could cost the Foxes £34m, according to Calciomercato, and would provide competition for places despite Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu's stellar start to the season.
Demiral is rumoured to be the best CB at Juve ... so why would they sell him?

Demiral is rumoured to be the best CB at Juve ... so why would they sell him?
Juve are a strange club, they seem to have no hesitation in selling their best players if the price is ok to them. When we sell our best players for record fees it is like a funeral for us supporter, I guess them being Italian is like the good old days of the Roman empire...ah another slave/gladiator will take his place. Other than that, the league and style of play is so slow compared to us, i think you will be ok if you understand the technical nature of their game more so than having the physical attributes we tend to value more of.

I guess them being Italian is like the good old days of the Roman empire...ah another slave/gladiator will take his place.

They can replace a sold star with a shit player and still win the league - that's why they are so open to selling players.

Who had Juve sold other than Paul Pogba to be considered as their star player? I guess when Leicester saw Everton got their hands on Ancelotti, anything is possible....

Who had Juve sold other than Paul Pogba to be considered as their star player? I guess when Leicester saw Everton got their hands on Ancelotti, anything is possible....

Zidane, for starters. Cannavaro more recently.

Oh, I meant Bonucci actually.
The reason behind the sale...

after Palermo scored a late goal, Bonucci had an argument on the touchline with coach Massimiliano Allegri, causing the club to fine and omit him from the squad for the first Champions League round of 16 leg with Porto on 22 February

Juventus don't sell their best player for the sake of it as one would believe. They, like us, sold our best players because either they had problems with their manager (sakho) or they wanted to go to an apparently better clubs to win things (suarez and coutinho).

Juventus don't sell their best player for the sake of it as one would believe. They, like us, sold our best players because either they had problems with their manager (sakho) or they wanted to go to an apparently better clubs to win things (suarez and coutinho).
Sakho was our best player?

Sakho was our best player?
Far better defender than Skrtel, no? At the time he was our best defender. Our best player means in his position he is the best we could pick. Not the league best player, just so we are clear with the terminology.

Hahahaha...
I should cry actually, cause fucking Rodgers sold Agger for that cunt.
Never a fan of Rodgers, but I don't think Agger was sold for Sakho. In face Rodgers wanted to sell Agger for Ashley Williams. Just getting the facts straighten out a bit.

Far better defender than Skrtel, no? At the time he was our best defender. Our best player means in his position he is the best we could pick. Not the league best player, just so we are clear with the terminology.

Never a fan of Rodgers, but I don't think Agger was sold for Sakho. In face Rodgers wanted to sell Agger for Ashley Williams. Just getting the facts straighten out a bit.
Well he kept Sakho instead of Agger, that's what I meant.

Far better defender than Skrtel, no?

No way. Skrtel had his critics but he was the only CB I ever saw who got the better of a physical battle with Drogba in peak form.

That said, Sakho at his best was decent too and some Palace fans will tell you he kept them in the Prem practically single-handed when he first went there.

Last edited:
No way. Skrtel had his critics but he was the only CB I ever saw who got the better of a physical battle with Drogba in peak form.

That said, Sakho at his best was decent and some Palace fans will tell you he kept them in the Prem practically single-handed when he first went there.
Yeah definitely Skrtel > Sakho. I watched Skrtel completely dominate Diego Costa when Slovakia beat Spain 2-0....and this was when Costa was at his rampaging best (when he signed for Chelsea).

None of our CB's looked great back then because our DM'er at that time was shite (as were our left backs.....leaving our CB's badly exposed.

hahahahaha you are so fucking full of shit it's amazing. We sold Coutinho to "balance the books", remember? as you made a great effort to tell everyone on TIA and tracking net spend, but now it's because Phil wanted to win things? How precious. Got tired of polluing TIA and that's now why you're here?

hahahahaha you are so fucking full of shit it's amazing. We sold Coutinho to "balance the books", remember? as you made a great effort to tell everyone on TIA and tracking net spend, but now it's because Phil wanted to win things? How precious. Got tired of polluing TIA and that's now why you're here?
It's Xmas mate - I can see you're full of the Xmas spirit (literally?) ;)

Coutinho wanted to join his dream club Barcelona. We got a huge fee for him, without which we wouldn't have been able to afford Alisson and Van Dijk.

That's all factual, regardless of what Orwellian language anyone wishes to use to explain it.

(1) Coutinho wanted to join his dream club Barcelona. (2) We got a huge fee for him, (3) without which we wouldn't have been able to afford Alisson and Van Dijk.

That's all factual, regardless of what Orwellian language anyone wishes to use to explain it.

The first 2 you are correct, the 3rd one you don't know. VVD was supposed to happen before Phil turned into a snake and was sold (remember the whole apology shitshow?), but more importantly, Klopp has been backed by the ownership group since his first day, and we've seen as much and heard as much from Klopp himself when he signed his latest extension. If Jurgen wanted VVD and Alisson and Phil had not been sold, we still would have found a way to bring them here.

"People see what happens on the pitch as a measure of our progress and although it is the best measure, it's not the only measure. I have seen the commitment from ownership through to every aspect and function of the club you can think of.
"When the call came in autumn 2015, I felt we were perfect for each other; if anything, now I feel I underestimated that. It is only with a total belief that the collaboration remains totally complementary on both sides that I am able to make this commitment to 2024."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Klopp-signs-new-Liverpool-contract-2024.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom