• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to transfer rumours..

Sancho to us is back on.. hurrah! Dortmund will loan him back until the summer..

Says the Daily Star. Lolz

Back to transfer rumours..

Sancho to us is back on.. hurrah! Dortmund will loan him back until the summer..

Says the Daily Star. Lolz
I still believe we have a chance there. For starters the fee won't be over a £100m, the media and clubs like to inflate the asking price but the actual selling price is usually well below that quoted. Probably £80-90m down for Sancho, with bonuses built in for trophies won and number of games played, and maybe a sell-on fee too.

Then when it comes to options if he's truly looking at the next step up from Dortmund he may want to consider the track records of the clubs that could pay that fee : PSG, Real, Barca, United, City and us. I don't think Juve, Atletico (surely not another big fee within two seasons and also not the right profile), Spurs, Bayern or Chelsea would stump up the required.

Of those that would I doubt United (because of the mess they are in, unless he is all about the money) or City (been there and it seems he didn't like it) and probably not Real & Barca because they both have FFP issues and would need to sell to buy and his profile is likely not high enough for them yet (and his chances could well be limited, he will have seen what happened to Dembele, Coutinho and numerous others, not a great move for a very young player). That leaves us and PSG and I could see him at either, at both he'd get plenty of games, excellent pay cheque and a chance to win multiple trophies.

Considering felix went to a.m. for 120, you can see why Dortmund are holding out for a big fee. If it’s an incentive based contract, 120 would make sense, rather than al up front. I’d put kieta into the deal. His stock is still high in Germany

I think the madness kicked off by PSG meeting Neymar's buy-out clause is slowly dissipating.

I doubt that a fee of £100 million plus will ever be paid except for the absolute best. I'd warrant Atlético Madrid only paid that because it expected much more from the Greizman transfer than the £120 million which Barcelona paid.

I think the madness kicked off by PSG meeting Neymar's buy-out clause is slowly dissipating.

I doubt that a fee of £100 million plus will ever be paid except for the absolute best. I'd warrant Atlético Madrid only paid that because it expected much more from the Greizman transfer than the £120 million which Barcelona paid.

I see it more when Barca paid Dortmund 100 million for Dembele. There is a new benchmark now for emerging young players who haven’t done much bar one or 2 seasons

I see it more when Barca paid Dortmund 100 million for Dembele. There is a new benchmark now for emerging young players who haven’t done much bar one or 2 seasons
Aye. And Barcelona is still suffering for that madness. Dembele wasn’t that good, not £100 million good anyway but with Neymar's fee burning a hole in its pocket Barcelona gambled. And got mugged.

As I said, the mist is clearing a bit. Dortmund will rightly look for north of £100 million but few, if any, will pay that.

Aye. And Barcelona is still suffering for that madness. Dembele wasn’t that good, not £100 million good anyway but with Neymar's fee burning a hole in its pocket Barcelona gambled. And got mugged.

As I said, the mist is clearing a bit. Dortmund will rightly look for north of £100 million but few, if any, will pay that.

Barca have paid some shocking transfer fees of late.

sancho will have a decent Euros and so it will be money well spent. The only concern would be the Germany league is pretty poor so players look better than they actually are

Barca have paid some shocking transfer fees of late.

sancho will have a decent Euros and so it will be money well spent. The only concern would be the Germany league is pretty poor so players look better than they actually are
Which led Barcelona to overpay for Dembele. eh?

Not sure sancho is a starter this Jan after the Japanese fella has signed. Maybe summer if Mo is perhaps drawn to Spain, unless Chelsea jumpm the gun this January.

I strongly suspect our business is done with Minamino. We are not in the business of spending tens of millions without an even bigger sale. Im happy with that.

I think we're in the lookout for a defender. Might be for this season or next.

Screen-Shot-2019-12-27-at-13-10-43.png

TAA knows.

Mbappe #2020...it's on like donkey kong!

Not sure Hwang is much better but makes our Minamino deal look even better.
Heard that this season is the first time Hwang has played well consistently, prior to this season he wasn't very consistent at all. Minamino though had been Salzburgs key player for ages, think we got the better deal. I think Hwang definitely could be for a team that needs him for sure but if Lord Divock can't get a game then there is no way Hwang would be worth our trouble

Heard that this season is the first time Hwang has played well consistently, prior to this season he wasn't very consistent at all. Minamino though had been Salzburgs key player for ages, think we got the better deal. I think Hwang definitely could be for a team that needs him for sure but if Lord Divock can't get a game then there is no way Hwang would be worth our trouble

but the dong jokes with Divock and Hwang on our books would be limitless

I still believe we have a chance there. For starters the fee won't be over a £100m, the media and clubs like to inflate the asking price but the actual selling price is usually well below that quoted. Probably £80-90m down for Sancho, with bonuses built in for trophies won and number of games played, and maybe a sell-on fee too.

Then when it comes to options if he's truly looking at the next step up from Dortmund he may want to consider the track records of the clubs that could pay that fee : PSG, Real, Barca, United, City and us. I don't think Juve, Atletico (surely not another big fee within two seasons and also not the right profile), Spurs, Bayern or Chelsea would stump up the required.

Of those that would I doubt United (because of the mess they are in, unless he is all about the money) or City (been there and it seems he didn't like it) and probably not Real & Barca because they both have FFP issues and would need to sell to buy and his profile is likely not high enough for them yet (and his chances could well be limited, he will have seen what happened to Dembele, Coutinho and numerous others, not a great move for a very young player). That leaves us and PSG and I could see him at either, at both he'd get plenty of games, excellent pay cheque and a chance to win multiple trophies.

He's a Chelsea fan, they have cash to spend, already have a young developing squad. For me they are our main rivals for him. Whether they can balance him and Pulisic in the same side is the question.

He's a Chelsea fan, they have cash to spend, already have a young developing squad. For me they are our main rivals for him. Whether they can balance him and Pulisic in the same side is the question.
The question there remains, why would a player who could practically have his pick of teams in Europe (assuming they could pay) choose Chelsea ? A team that is struggling under a young unproven manager and who hasn't been splashing the cash to the degree others have ? He's better off staying where he is than going there. I still think it's between us and PSG though United may go all out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom