• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Same old questions again:

1. What postions do you reckon we need to strengthen?

2. Who do you think will leave in the next transfer window?

You mean THIS window?
I think we need a Left winger and a AM.
I also wouldnt be against a CB and a LB

I really don't know if we need another AM/wing forward. We have Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey, Suso, Sturridge, Borini, Assaidi, Downing all vying for 3 positions. That's why I'm a bit 'meh' about the Coutinho signing. I think we need a LB and a defensive midfielder as competition for Lucas. A CB should become a priority soon, too.

Same old questions again:

1. What postions do you reckon we need to strengthen?

2. Who do you think will leave in the next transfer window?

1.Personally I agree with Gerrard that we need a left fullback, Robinson doesn't seem to be ready.
An attacking creative midfielder as well. Someone like Belhanda, Eriksen, Silva etc.

2. Spearing seems to be a sure bet.
Downing, Carroll, maybe Coates and Assaidi as well.

I really don't know if we need another AM/wing forward. We have Sterling, Suarez, Shelvey, Suso, Sturridge, Borini, Assaidi, Downing all vying for 3 positions. That's why I'm a bit 'meh' about the Coutinho signing. I think we need a LB and a defensive midfielder as competition for Lucas. A CB should become a priority soon, too.

Only two, maybe three, of those we can count on to score. We could do with another player that can score and create.

Only two, maybe three, of those we can count on to score. We could do with another player that can score and create.

True. Assaidi might as well not be there, and Downing was completely useless until a month ago. But I think on the whole we should look at strengthening elsewhere for now. I'd be happier if we signed M'Vila than if we signed Coutinho for now, that's for sure.

A mobile DM who can tackle and protect our weak middle. A left-back which will be like 2 signings in 1 with Johnson being able to go back to right-back where he is awesome (mostly).

I think we need a weapon of unparalleled destruction. Something that swallows universes.

We need a CB who can dominate in the air and another attacking player who can play wide.

I think Downing could well leave yet as some of the kids like Patcheo.

I would love us to buy someone like Höwedes, a quality centre-back who can also do a job as a defensively-oriented fullback. That's the biggest priority for me.

He is not available and actually we don't need another top "ball-playing" CB as we already have Agger, who is one of the best in the business. We do need someone who can seriously challenge Skrtel.

Who will leave? Reina, Downing, Carroll, Assaidi, and Coates. And I think it's about 50/50 if Suarez will stay.

How about Subotic?

Yes, that's the type we need. But I don't see why Borussia would let him leave. And frankly why he would want to leave them to join us.

I am hopeful on Höwedes because:
a) he might be more realistically available (refusing to sign a contract extension with Schalke)
b) we've been tracking him in the summer already. So we know Rodgers rates him.
c) he can play both CB and RB - exactly what we need.

I'm already preparing myself for Suarez leaving.

*sad face*

Hopefully those crazy dreamers amongst us are right and we get 4th.

Who will leave? Reina, Downing, Carroll, Assaidi, and Coates. And I think it's about 50/50 if Suarez will stay.

I'd actually forgotten all about Andy Carroll.

It's been a while since we had one of Mark's "yeah but we can't really judge him until he and Downing - sho was bought to supply him - get a run of games together" spiels.

I'm already preparing myself for Suarez leaving.

*sad face*

Hopefully those crazy dreamers amongst us are right and we get 4th.

Even if we do, we are no match for Bayern at this point. They have worked for a long time to get to where they are: perennial CL contenders, great modern stadium, healthy finances, lots of long-term commercial partnerships, and a fairly consistent overall strategy. All while we went through a period of self-destruction with greedy and incompetent foreign owners and have now entered a period of rebuilding under other greedy, but hopefully slightly more competent foreign owners.

I just hope some day people in England realize that they are gaining very little and losing way too much by selling their cherished and historic football clubs to the highest bidder on the world market. Clubs should belong to the fans; they are the only ones who truly have the club's best interests at heart.

As for Suarez, the only question for me is how much loyalty he feels for this club and this project. I can see a scenario where we do win 4th and he leaves, considering his moral obligation fulfilled.

New Keeper, centre half and central midfielder.

Pepe, Downing, Carroll, Spearing, Asaidi, Coates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom