• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UEFA u21 Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearce's interview was laughable after the game.
He said something along the lines of"I can't tell the players where to stand and who to mark when defending corners".

Is there a thicker cunt coaching anywhere in the world?

This is Peter Lansley of The Times summing up of the Liverpool players

Andre Wisdom – 6 – The new captain, and long since earmarked as an England star in the making, the Liverpool defender has every chance of becoming a mainstay. England’s best player v Israel.

Jonjo Shelvey – 4 – Has attacking intent, decent ability and confidence but needs to keep a check on his self-belief. Capped once by the seniors, plays as if he thinks he has made it. He hasn’t. Shake of the head when saw he was being substituted against Israel spoke volumes. Get over yourself.

Jordan Henderson – 5 – Captain finishes his Under-21 career with 27 caps and a reputation as a solid citizen and team player. Has battled his way back into Liverpool squad through dedication so could keep improving.

Hamann offers his though re young players and loans. Still ongoing at the moment.

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes 42m
Josh McEachran is a case study in English dysfunction. Shunted around so much we can't know how good he is (or what's been lost already)

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 31m
@dickinsontimes I think its a myth that young players need to play.He would learn more training with top class players than play in Ch.

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes 12m
@DietmarHamann don't young players need to be given responsibility to mature?

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 7m
@dickinsontimes More responsibility to stand your ground in training with world cup winners than playing.Games make them more experienced

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 6m
@dickinsontimes but at the age of 18 its all about learning.They may also lose confidence and identity if they are loaned out at every opp.

Paul Hayward ‏@_PaulHayward 2m
@DietmarHamann @DickinsonTimes Wouldn't a sensible country look at what's happening to decent players at that crucial 18/19-y-o stage?

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann 1m
@_paulhayward @dickinsontimes Hard to copy other countries,but I think the English loan system does more harm than good.

has Wisdom ever played as a defensive midfielder in youth teams?

I don't recall him doing so. He's played across the back four, and he's pushed up during the latter stages of certain games, but I don't think he's played in the role as such. I'm sure he could do, although CB is his most logical future role.

I thought Wisdom had been played in midfield for a period in the U-18's.... am I getting confused?

Anyways, good article by whoever it was and yes, Pearce needs sacking pronto.

I was at the Germany v. Russia game today.
Both teams have already been eliminated so the game was supposed to be flowing w/o the pressure of qualification.
There was good football but only in in parts of the game. The Germans are very strong physically, but they lack the skillful players which their current national team has in players like Ozil, Goetze etc.

Best player was unsurprisingly Alan Dzagoiev (sp.) who was selected man of the match.
I also liked Sebastian Rudy who came on as a 2nd half sub.

I don't recall him doing so. He's played across the back four, and he's pushed up during the latter stages of certain games, but I don't think he's played in the role as such. I'm sure he could do, although CB is his most logical future role.

I just wonder if he could do it, like the times Carragher or King got stuck in centre mid for England. Not very likely though I suppose.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n21_AW6HDYs

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BddDvoJ84sk

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dGQFJuSFe4c

What are the chances of Alvaro Morata being the next Soldado/Negredo - i.e. good striker who can't make the breakthrough at Real Madrid?

Illarramendi's statistics:
97% pass accuracy
25% aerials won
113 touches on the ball
2 shots
4 tackles

Isco's statistics:
98% pass accuracy
87 touches on the ball
4 shots on target(1 goal)
3 dribbles
1 tackle

Italy U21: Bardi, Donati, Caldirola, Bianchetti, Regini, Florenzi, Verratti, Rossi, Insigne, Immobile, Borini.

Holland U21: Zoet; Van Rhijn, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind; Strootman, Van Ginkel, Maher; Wijnaldum, De Jong, John

Those second and third goals by Spain are taking the living piss.

Talk about making up for lost time !

According to Andy Mitten (from The National) a couple of weeks ago, Martin Ferguson scouted Isco extensively and decided he was too slow and didn't make enough impact on the pitch!

Isco is very good. I really hope he doesn't go to City.

There are a couple players in this tourney - those that aren't unattainable or at top clubs already - that look well worth signing and potentially top class in the near future.

Where is this Luis Alberto cunt at.

According to Andy Mitten (from The National) a couple of weeks ago, Martin Ferguson scouted Isco extensively and decided he was too slow and didn't make enough impact on the pitch!

Aka found out Isco is on his way to City regardless so decided to proclaim he's too slow.

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10xiy8_ita-1-0-hol_sport

tumblr_mogc6lcnXz1rpwvabo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mogcc32AE91r90nv2o1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom