• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UEFA u21 Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you but it depends on where Brendan will play him. Borini seems to be more comfortable playing as a center forward, but in most games he's played with us, he's often been positioned on the wing.
I've said it on numerous occasions that Borini should be played in the middle, but that position is currently occupied by either Suarez or Sturridge.

I believe Borini played out wide during his spells at Roma and Swansea but I don't like seeing him there. Fair enough as a starting point but I don't want to see him insolated out wide. His movement seems sharp and he seems capable of making the right run for a slide rule pass. Ideally we'd see him line up centrally or constantly moving as part of a forward three.

Really hope he hits the ground running for us next season. Love that celebration.

Seriously lads, it's rare our players stay where they're meant to in our front 4.

Borini could start on the right but comfortably drift in to the box consistently

Seriously lads, it's rare our players stay where they're meant to in our front 4.

Borini could start on the right but comfortably drift in to the box consistently

Totally agree. I don't care what the starting positions are once they are moving as a unit. I noticed Borini being a bit insolated out wide at times last season and he struggled a bit. He seemed to lose a bit of confidence and suffered from a poor touch. Hopefully this tournament did wonder for his confidence. Really like him as a player if we can utilize him correctly. He has shown great promise with regards to his movement and ability to make dangerous runs in and around the box.

I honestly believe it's down to borini originally not getting enough minutes, and then getting injured and coming back to form.

With a bit of time and more importantly, minutes on the pitch, he will score and do boss

Exactly, fluidity is a good thing and we now have forwards who can keep interchanging and moving around incessantly. It should be a nightmare to defend against.

Exactly, fluidity is a good thing and we now have forwards who can keep interchanging and moving around incessantly. It should be a nightmare to defend against.
Exactly. And with Gerrard and coutinho able to pick the most deadly passes, it honestly should be exciting to watch.

Our attack, even without Suarez, is looking decent. Ideally we get our rumoured signings done, so we can focus on the defense for the rest of the summer

And I'm not even including Aspas in this.

We might actually have some match winners on the bench this year

*faints*

@Binny - thanks for posting the goal clips!

Thiago was on a different level to everyone else on the pitch. He doesn't quite get away with that shit as much in La Liga - he tries to jig past players a little too much still. Great talent though.

Anyways, pleased for Borini. Good goal and I guess he at least got to end the tourney on somewhat of a personal high. Here's hoping he can find his way with us next season.

Borini scored a good goal and was involved in one or two attacking moves. Other than this he was pretty annonimous today, but so were most of his team mates as Italy was outplayed for most of the game.

He doesn't do anything better than anyone else. Every time I see him get the ball I have to look at my program to remind myself who the fuck he is.

Not sure but I just saw Higgins beat some lad called Caprese in snooker and I am sure that is a pizza.

Remember that time when Adams came out and said his life was fucked coz he'd spent four grand on coke? I was DJing at the time and I was wondering... over how long? Coz that's not that much and I feel ok. I mean that would be a whole weekend from like Thursday to Tuesday... but it turned out he meant about six months or something. Like the odd sniff in a nightclub bogs... and he was earning that a day. And he was with Caprice, fucking this mega hot bird and snorting the odd rail off her tits. What a fucking whining maggot. That's not your life falling apart. That's great.

He gets remembered as being dead hard. Well he's not. He's fucking bellend and he's not welcome to any of my drugs parties, unless he's bringing them supermodels he has access to.

He doesn't do anything better than anyone else. Every time I see him get the ball I have to look at my program to remind myself who the fuck he is.

To be fair, you've been wrong on your player opinions quite often haven't you?

I'm not arguing with that.

My record is shit.

Borini hasn't done anything at Anfield that's made him look any good at all though.

Anyways he looks like your welsh manc mate Joe Allen. I keep thinking it's him in the box. I do drink a lot mind.

I'm not arguing with that.

My record is shit.

Borini hasn't done anything at Anfield that's made him look any good at all though.

He's been here for a year, and has been injured for half of it. Bit harsh.

I think he's got potential. His touch is poor, but he's got an eye for goal and certainly has a decent attitude. I'd prefer to get behind that than some of the other spastics we've signed.

He's been here for a year, and has been injured for half of it. Bit harsh.

I think he's got potential. His touch is poor, but he's got an eye for goal and certainly has a decent attitude. I'd prefer to get behind that than some of the other spastics we've signed.

Nice use of the word Spastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom