• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Watford v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three assists in five - find it hard to believe but happy nontheless

3 points, clean sheet. Almost Liverpool of this season at the end there, with a foul and switching off at a key moment but I'll take that. We lost two points at the skip when the referee failed to spot a blatant off-side.

Im giving Can motm for that fucking goal.
Lallana in second
Mignolet third claimed everything tonight. Did a great job.

Lucas played well, clyne was ok, Milner ok.

The rest were muck

Holy Jeebus. Just got home in time for the last 10 minutes.

Amazing goal from Can. That is the sexy.

Nearly squandered it again at the end though.

Sturridge looked sharp in his brief cameo.

At this point of the season, its about grinding out the three points.
It doesn't have to be pretty.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Chelsea{/th}
{td}34{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}72{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}43{/td}
{td}81{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Tottenham{/th}
{td}34{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}71{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}49{/td}
{td}77{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Liverpool{/th}
{td}35{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}71{/td}
{td}42{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}69{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Man City{/th}
{td}34{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}66{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:12} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Man Utd{/th}
{td}34{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}51{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:12} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td} {/td}
{th}Arsenal{/th}
{td}33{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}64{/td}
{td}42{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Two wins and a draw from Soton and Boro home plus West Ham away and we will be sorted

Im giving Can motm for that fucking goal.
Lallana in second
Mignolet third claimed everything tonight. Did a great job.

Lucas played well, clyne was ok, Milner ok.

The rest were muck
I thought Lovren did his job.

MoTM for me was Lallana - we missed what he does on the ball.
2nd Ming - he was dominant in the box. nice to see that.

That Lovren and Matip marauding attack in the Watford box was simultaneously one of the best and one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Especially since it meant Klavan and Lucas were left holding alone at the back.

I fancied us to win today. But fuck jinxing it.

Great job from the lads. A loss today after Palace really mentally fucks us up.

Woo-hoo 6th is confirmed. Whatever the results for the last 3 games. Come on you reds. Win them all.

Great result. It's clear that we still lack confidence and mental strength late in games when teams start to throw the kitchen sink at us and start pumping everything into the box. We'll just have to live with this until we can fix it hopefully in the summer, but boy, it's really not easy to follow us without a racing pulse.

Watford started gaining momentum from that moment when Clyne stepped on the ball and slipped, giving them an opening. From then on, they seemed to gain confidence and we lost ours, and they started to exploit Milner with Amrabat. I was glad Mazzari took off Amrabat as he was giving Milner a difficult time and I was desperate for Klopp to throw on Moreno as a left winger to hopefully use his pace and the extra body to close off that avenue.

One other thing - is it just me or has Mignolet's handling of crosses into the box changed in the last few games? I feel like he's going for a lot of catches these days, while in the past few seasons, he'd be punching them most of the time. Wonder if there's a change in the coaching/advice he's getting, or if I'm seeing things that are not there.

Considering we lost our only creative player after effectively 5 mins that's a massive win.

The fact we actually weren't horrific is a bonus.

Lallana, Ming and Lucas all excellent.

We'll have top wrapped up before the last game.

Phew.

Generally that was a good effort but god it does my head in how often we pass back from promising positions in their half, all the way back to Ming, only for him to kick it into touch. If you want to lose possession cheaply, pass it out near the corner flag!

But a glorious goal from Can, who was still complaining about an error after the final whistle - good attitude.

mig and lallana were ace.

can is the softest cunt to ever play football but took that goal like a champ .

Klav can do one and it'd have been perfect if that studge effort went in but massive three points so heyho

18221651_10155465144397573_5988109216380549631_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom