• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk about Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried at all. He will now start to build his team. Coutinho is our only world class player and because of that opponents mark him out of the game. Yesterday West Ham used three players to mark him given him very little time with the ball.

Coutinho get a lot of stick by the ones that don't have a clue about tactics. We need a top class striker so our opponents can't concentrate on Coutinho. Coutinho isn't any worse than last season but our opponents have learned that he our only attacking threat. They won't care if players like Ibe, Benteke, Firmino, Lallana get a lot of space because they are not good enough.

We very often pass the ball to Coutinho when we shouldn't do it. He can't do much else than trying to get rid off the ball in a second and that very often results now in a shot on or off the goal. He don't have time to do anything else.

We are also now seeing Lucas being targeted. West Ham yesterday marked him all the game. Had one player very close to him the result being that he had to pick up the ball very deep in our own half playing almost as a central defender. We don't have a Agger in defense anymore so it is the defensive midfielder that must do the job he did before, acting as the defensive playmaker. The result being that it takes longer time to build up our attacks.

We need a keeper that can act as a sweeper, a new Reina. We need a new Agger in defense. We need a top class striker.

Sakho's passing is better than Agger's ever was. Agger moved more fluently with the ball, but his passing was consistently less accurate. We need a better DM even if Lucas stays, and he'll be doing this job, which is as it should be.

The big difference between Sakho and Agger is that Agger don't need a lot of time to control the ball. His first touch is much better. That time difference means that we almost can't make a quick counter attack.

When we had Reina he also could do that job. He was a big part of our attacks. Mignolet don't have the game intelligence or good enough first touch do that job. We need players with a good first touch on the ball all over the pitch.

If you have a couple/few players with a poor first touch then you won't be a good attacking team. You mentioned fluently. That is exactly what we lack big time because we have a few players with a very poor first touch and that means that we will almost always be up against an organised defense.

Yeah, he's got a load of injuries, on top of an already unbalanced squad, which he didn't build, so we can't really bemoan his lack of tactical flexibility or style
Which again misses the point. I'm not remotely concerned about Klopp's ability and I'm delighted to have him. If he's our manager for the next five years we'll win the league under him. I just worry that he might get fed up and go before we get to that point.

Which again misses the point. I'm not remotely concerned about Klopp's ability and I'm delighted to have him. If he's our manager for the next five years we'll win the league under him. I just worry that he might get fed up and go before we get to that point.

Unless FSG totally rethink their investment levels, or we get new richer owners who will fund it, we won't win the league under Klopp, or anyone else

I'm even more convinced by Klopp now. I love the fact that he's getting so pissed off with the players being so useless.

I went apeshit when I saw us stand off them to cross for the first goal. Its just basics like that which mean this crop of players will achieve fuck all.
Certainly makes a change from some chancer talking about what great character we had.

Certainly makes a change from some chancer talking about what great character we had.

Absolutely. Obviously our manager's interactions with the media are pretty low on the list of priorities behind things like 'winning' and 'trophies', but it's better than the mealy-mouthed platitudes of Hodgson, or the cringe comedy material regularly offered up by Rodgers.

But talk is talk. He needs to fucking do some thing about it.

The end result is the same, we lost. Who gives a fuck what they say in a press conference?

Some chancer, who got us as close to the title as we've been over two decades, playing some of the best football we've seen and scoring fuckloads of goals. Some people are agenda riddled.

Sakho's passing is better than Agger's ever was. Agger moved more fluently with the ball, but his passing was consistently less accurate. We need a better DM even if Lucas stays, and he'll be doing this job, which is as it should be.

Beg to differ. Sakho passed to the opponents so often that it wasn't funny. He did that at Leicester, could remember at least 2 instances he passed it to an opponent under no pressure. He was at it at West Ham again. He seems like a good passer most of the time but he gets these moments which sends us back peddling like crazy. It doesn't give the defensive midfielders any confidence to move forward when Sakho is on the ball surely.

Beg to differ. Sakho passed to the opponents so often that it wasn't funny. He did that at Leicester, could remember at least 2 instances he passed it to an opponent under no pressure. He was at it at West Ham again. He seems like a good passer most of the time but he gets these moments which sends us back peddling like crazy. It doesn't give the defensive midfielders any confidence to move forward when Sakho is on the ball surely.

He does do that too, I'll give you that. He's also very good at playing 20-30 yard balls through congested areas from deep in our half. My biggest gripe with him is that he's not always too clever with the way he plays some passes, game after game he plays the ball to a midfielder or fullback who has two/three players around them. There will be an easy, obvious pass on, and he'll get pressured and flap and play totally the wrong ball, putting us under unnecessary pressure.

I do agree with JJ though, he's at least as good a passer as Agger was at his best, but both were/are hugely guilty of playing the wrong ball. Agger had a tendency to think he could hit Hollywood passes all game, when he just couldn't, when he kept it simple or carried the ball he was effective, but his elegance on the ball gave a false perception that he was a fantastic ball player, just as Sakho's ungainly posture has people saying he's "terrible" on the ball.

The end result is the same, we lost. Who gives a fuck what they say in a press conference?

Some chancer, who got us as close to the title as we've been over two decades, playing some of the best football we've seen and scoring fuckloads of goals. Some people are agenda riddled.
You do know that you massively overuse the word "agenda" don't you?
This, along with the irony that you have a massive pro-Rodgers "agenda" / man-crush honestly makes you out to be a complete berk.
You're right that we lost. But it's Rodgers' shite team that Klopp is working with Mark. Our success two years ago was more to do with Suarez. Deal with it.

It helps if you have the most complete attacking player on the planet and IMO the best player in the world. Sure Messi and Ronaldo is better attackers but if you add the defensive game, ball winning and all that, then Suarez is the best one out there.

IMO he is the best player that ever played in the PL. He created magic in every game and he was never injured.

You do know that you massively overuse the word "agenda" don't you?
This, along with the irony that you have a massive pro-Rodgers "agenda" / man-crush honestly makes you out to be a complete berk.
You're right that we lost. But it's Rodgers' shite team that Klopp is working with Mark. Our success two years ago was more to do with Suarez. Deal with it.

I was going to write a detailed response, but I seriously can't be arsed. "All down to Suarez", seriously. People forget that prior to buying Coutinho and Sturridge we had Suarez and didn't get close to that level of performance as a team.

So yeah, for the umpteenth time I'll use that word again, fuck off with your agenda driven shite.

I have already said, if Barcelona need to sell one of their three world class strikers then we should offer them £80m for Suarez. He is the perfect Klopp player. We would have a realistic chance to win the league next season. One player could make that big difference. We would also have a realistic chance to sign him.

We dream about a lot of players but we all dream about getting him back.

I have already said, if Barcelona need to sell one of their three world class strikers then we should offer them £80m for Suarez. He is the perfect Klopp player. We would have a realistic chance to win the league next season. One player could make that big difference. We would also have a realistic chance to sign him.

We dream about a lot of players but we all dream about getting him back.
It's a completely unrealistic chance we'll sign him.
  1. Why would Barcelona want to sell?
  2. If they did, why would they only accept £5m profit for Suarez when they can easily get £25m+?
  3. Why would he ever want to leave Barcelona?

I still haven't worked out why we need to talk about Jurgen apart from some vague notion that he's disappointed with the set up which assumes he was so dumb he took the job on without checking his expectations could be met. Seems unlikely to me.

At the end of the day we didn't win the league and the other two full seasons served up amounted to a steaming pile of shite with zero trophies. If we give him credit for the 13-14 season (which I do) people are well within their rights to point fingers for the rest of his time here and the squad he has left.

I'm not throwing a hissy fit. I think Klopp is an outstanding coach and manager and is absolutely the man I want in this job. I just worry we, this league and this country aren't going to prove a good fit for him personally and sooner rather than later he'll just bugger off.

Peggy, I wasn't referring to you or this thread with regards to hissy fits. Just the general hysteria when we get a bad result or run. What do people seriously expect? Klopp is a great manager, but he's no magician.

Maybe I've got the definition wrong, but don't you usually want, or plan, for something to happen when you have an agenda? Rodgers' gone. What's there to gain for the 'agenda riddled' people?

I still can't believe we got hammered by West Ham 3-0 TWICE in one season.

Actually we got beaten 3-0 and 2-0, but I don't think it will ever happen again. First time we lost was more arrogance, this time it was more to do with our circumstances. God willing it will never happen again and if it does hopefully in another 85 years time.

At the end of the day we didn't win the league and the other two full seasons served up amounted to a steaming pile of shite with zero trophies. If we give him credit for the 13-14 season (which I do) people are well within their rights to point fingers for the rest of his time here and the squad he has left.

You missed the point, I wasn't commenting on people criticizing the rest of his time here, I even quoted what I was pissed off with - the "it was down the Suarez" point that Sanchez made, which is crap as I said. I've got no problem with people criticising how it went tits up, but it's lazy on behalf of his detractors to pile the blame on him for everything and absolve of him of any credit for the good season we did have.

Klopp is obviously cool as fuck... the squad isn't as bad as everyone is saying, the injuries are killing us.

I don't think the defence is that bad, but the midfield is awful, and with Henderson and Milner out there's nothing.

Bentekkers looks totally lost most of the time. Firmino likewise. Miss Sturridge so much.... but even Ings would be the dude right now.

We've got the second most injuries in the league at the minute, it's all key personnel and it's been like that all season. That ain't Klopp's fault

Klopp is obviously cool as fuck... the squad isn't as bad as everyone is saying, the injuries are killing us.

I don't think the defence is that bad, but the midfield is awful, and with Henderson and Milner out there's nothing.

Bentekkers looks totally lost most of the time. Firmino likewise. Miss Sturridge so much.... but even Ings would be the dude right now.

We've got the second most injuries in the league at the minute, it's all key personnel and it's been like that all season. That ain't Klopp's fault
Spoken like a pro....... Not a prostitute.... Like a pro fan..... Not a prostitute fan...... Oh fuck..... Spoken like someone who knows what the fuck he's talking about. Happy NY boss ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom