• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wes Sneijder - good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has, quite a bit aswell.

Sneijder looks very motivated by cash and in that case Gala can have him.
Had he accepted a lower wage here it could have been a good signing albeit risky.

Nobody has ventured a guess as to what difference he makes to us. Is he an improvement like Downing was?

The wage bill cleared down thing is nonsense- I'll bet it hasn't changed much given the new signings and raises given to others.

Yeah, getting rid of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll, Cole, Aqualani only saves about half a million quid a week.

I think the argument is more, that with limited resources, would we be better spending it on someone who might be in the skill bracket Sneijder is in now, in 3 years time - but still have 5 or 6 years left at that skill level or at least be worth top dollar.

Whatever Sneijder is worth now - he won't in 3 years time - and he probably won't be as good skill wise.

It's like Spurs buying Bale - there's no way they could afford him now - but they took a chance on him when they could - now he's at the top of his game and worth a fortune.

The revolution of lowered expectations gathers pace

Nobody has ventured a guess as to what difference he makes to us. Is he an improvement like Downing was?
I think he will be. I'll hazard a guess that we will get top 4 with him. If we can get him on wages in line with the rest of the squad I say go for it.

Whatever Sneijder is worth now - he won't in 3 years time - and he probably won't be as good skill wise.

So what? We'd be getting a quality player who's only 28 at a cut down price. If he performs like he should he's easily worth the money. We have enough of the young potential ones anyway.

Also if we fill the team with unproven youngsters it's not going to help their development. Having a few more experienced class players is gold for their progress.

I read that as German semen

Hmm so did a mod too apparently(it was intended as a pun) as it was deleted. Strict rules here these days? :)

Makes you comment look a bit 'weird' now too.

Cut down price - yes

Massive wages - no

If he doesnt accept 90-100k a week then its not worth it.

Yeah, getting rid of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll, Cole, Aqualani only saves about half a million quid a week.

Only if you're bad at maths. And ignore all the contract extensions that added money to the wage bill

So what? We'd be getting a quality player who's only 28 at a cut down price. If he performs like he should he's easily worth the money. We have enough of the young potential ones anyway.

Also if we fill the team with unproven youngsters it's not going to help their development. Having a few more experienced class players is gold for their progress.

Hmm so did a mod too apparently(it was intended as a pun) as it was deleted. Strict rules here these days? :)

What was deleted?
And who deleted it?

Quite. If he gets us trophies or CL footy then won't he have repayed the outlay? I though that was THE point.

Only if you're bad at maths. And ignore all the contract extensions that added money to the wage bill

16 players have left and 6 have come in.

Şahin bats for both sides, which is kinda ironic given the rumours.

So our wage bill is 105m by your calculations ?

Lets wait and see, we'll know around may

I don't know what it was. But I do think that the players I mentioned were all in that 80k + range weren't they? That's about half a million a week and then you've got another 10 out the door.

God knows how much we were paying Adam and Spearing and all the kids but there's got to be a fairly large surplus. Or maybe they gave Allen and Borini ridiculous deals.

Dont bother, Rosco knows best when it comes to the clubs finances, he's got a law degree dont you know.

You're (hi themn!) forgetting that we're still paying some portion of a number of those deals and we've given pay rises to about half a dozen people as well as signed more players.

I don't think it's down significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom